It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

: Ben Carson Can’t Name Even One Ally Of The United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ben Carson sat down with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and discussed a broad range of issues relating to the recent terrorist attacks in Paris. While it’s fair to say everyone knows Dr. Carson’s expertise isn’t exactly in the foreign policy realm, there are a few things potential presidential candidates are expected to know. What allies the United States has is one of them.

When Carson was asked to name one ally he would call to start an international coalition against ISIS he couldn’t even name one of them, and he was pressed for an answer several times
www.addictinginfo.org...

This is from FOX news this is about the softest of soft ball question put to him or anyone , really?? he can't say Britain, France,Germany, Israel, freakin Panama, Jamaica, Germany,Poland, Canada, Egypt, Kuwait, Jordan Texas??.< ok unnecessary cheap shot..we lov ya Taxas..

If this guy don't know who our friends are, he can't possibly know who our enemies are, and seriously alot of folks here support this guy?? don't get it twisted the rest of the field is not much better, an old African saying goes something like this..The higher a monkey climbs the more he expose this ass. Ben is first or second in the poles for the GOP top spot.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He is the male Sarah Palin, in many ways. Did he call this a 'gotcha' question yet?

edit on 16-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

Fail.

From your source.

When Carson was asked to name one ally he would call to start an international coalition against ISIS

It wasn't that he couldn't name an ally of the US.

He just couldn't name an ally that the US could partner with against ISIS.

Big difference.

link   
Oi - what about Stralya mate?

Strewth, how much can a Koala bear?

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sounds to me he made a plea to ME nations to dig in and help out. Secondly he didn't want to piss off any allies by missing one. You KNOW that would happen. Good political answer imo.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Also he didn't seem to be necessarily talking about our 'allies'. The first thing he said when he did respond was he wanted all 'the Arab states' to be involved. I'll give him a pass on this one. Public speaking and interviews are really NOT his forte.
edit on 11/16/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Fail.

From your source.

When Carson was asked to name one ally he would call to start an international coalition against ISIS

Big difference.

He had no idea. Whether it was he could not name an ally or name one that could be partnered with, he just danced around it with vague and rambling answers. He did this several times. He could not answer a simple question.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Fail.

From your source.

Big difference.
he just danced around it with vague and rambling answers. He did this several times. He could not answer a simple question.

So, you too heard the audio of Obama's question/answer session after the Turkey speech this morning, huh?

Edit to add: Oh yeah, and President Obama IS the president, not a candidate so you would think he would have SOME understanding on what is going on.... just saying.

PS - No, I'm not a Carson-for-President person.
edit on 16-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Fail.

From your source.

Big difference.

He had no idea. Whether it was he could not name an ally or name one that could be partnered with, he just danced around it with vague and rambling answers. He did this several times. He could not answer a simple question.

bull.

YOU can't name one either.

Unless you KNOW what another government is thinking, that is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He would call on our middle east allies.

Did you want him to start naming them? God forbid if he said Israel.

Another Carson Bash Fail.
edit on 16-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ben Carson sat down with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and discussed a broad range of issues relating to the recent terrorist attacks in Paris. While it’s fair to say everyone knows Dr. Carson’s expertise isn’t exactly in the foreign policy realm, there are a few things potential presidential candidates are expected to know. What allies the United States has is one of them.

When Carson was asked to name one ally he would call to start an international coalition against ISIS he couldn’t even name one of them, and he was pressed for an answer several times
www.addictinginfo.org...

This is from FOX news this is about the softest of soft ball question put to him or anyone , really?? he can't say Britain, France,Germany, Israel, freakin Panama, Jamaica, Germany,Poland, Canada, Egypt, Kuwait, Jordan Texas??.< ok unnecessary cheap shot..we lov ya Taxas..

If this guy don't know who our friends are, he can't possibly know who our enemies are, and seriously alot of folks here support this guy?? don't get it twisted the rest of the field is not much better, an old African saying goes something like this..The higher a monkey climbs the more he expose this ass. Ben is first or second in the poles for the GOP top spot.

I don't like Carson...I just don't. Not as a presidential candidate anyway.

I'm not defending him either.

I just don't honestly believe he truly doesn't know who our allies are though.

My 13 year old in 8th grade knows at least three. I just asked him. No hesitation at all.

This just isn't an accurate depiction of his knowledge of foreign allies in my opinion.

Sorry, not buying it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Carson is living proof one doesn't need to be a brain surgeon to be a politician.

Oh, wait...

edit on 16-11-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Exactly. The dude's a retired neurosurgeon. He doesn't read the papers? He lives with Bin Laden? Oh, wait, that could be a good one. I wish that was funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"Take back the land...."

For who?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I have been saying Carson has not been doing his homework.

I also said that he channels Sarah Palin.

A Sarah Plain moment

Great find spider!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Who here can name one US ally that would join a coalition against ISIS?

And then explain how you know that/those government(s) SO WELL with 100% surety that they would join.

Who here is a member or a leader of a government that is a US ally?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nobody wants to say it.... but Russia would be one of my answers

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All the Arabs

Just like Sarah couldn't name ONE magazine Carson, who has not prepared or studied one minute, can't name an American ally whom he would go to first.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Who here can name one US ally that would join a coalition against ISIS?

And then explain how you know that/those government(s) SO WELL with 100% surety that they would join.

Who here is a member or a leader of a government that is a US ally?

I agree but not for the same reasons. US allies are running thin today.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Exactly. The dude's a retired neurosurgeon. He doesn't read the papers? He lives with Bin Laden? Oh, wait, that could be a good one. I wish that was funny.

Yeah, I just don't think it's possible he is that blind to our foreign interests and allies.

lol,

Why do you think he has been raked over the coals lately?

Is he really such a huge liar or, do you think it's some sort of smear campaign against him?

I would think he would be smart enough to know that entering the presidential election would open his life up to cut throat vetting....would he really go into the race with that many lies in his past?

Like I said earlier, I never would have voted for him to begin with...it just seems like he has taken a ruthless beating recently.

I'm just curious to know if he is just an egotistical liar or, just a political punching bag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join