It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and... Meat Consumption?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho
I just pray that whomever needs healing or desires to be a better version of themselves would do some research and adopt a high fruit raw vegan herbal regenerating lifestyle. Do it for your grandma.

You remind me of my nephews that are into Crossfit.

Nothing like painful things you embrace for no reason to make one preachy, I suppose.

If you had a raw food fruitarian vegan PETA crossfit LDS, would it cause a black hole of self-righteous proselytizing, do you think?
edit on 25-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

It's obvious you're operating from opinions with no experience. It's ok. Kidney beans are no good for you or any other legume. Frugivores...only if you sprout those beans first giving birth to LIVE energy.

You think that beans that can sprout are dead? And what do you think 'live energy' is? I can't wait to find out.

You're totally out of your knowledge field on this one and no meme can save your ignorance.

Do tell. Well, we'll find out when you try to explain 'live energy', I suppose.

Fall back and go learn something about what you're attempting to disprove. Or continue to sip diet coke and eat your big Mac with extra tomatoes to feel good about your future 3rd chin. More ripe fruit for me

Sorry to dispel your preconception - I don't have two chins, much less three. I don't drink diet coke (or any other sweet beverage). I think I eat at McD's once a year to remember why I don't eat there.

But tomatoes are the staff of life. Feel free to eat nothing but fruit, but you're not getting a balanced diet that way. And you're getting a ton of fructose, especially from juice, which is like quaffing a big old glass of HFCS with flavoring. Enjoy your diabetes.

PS - the fruit is dead by the time you get it. It just leaves a pretty corpse.

Those beans that aren't sprouted have enzyme inhibitors such as phytic acid, upon soaking and sprouting you wake up the bean to consume it's live energy when before it would only give you an upset tummy. Live energy is picking an apple from a tree, dead energy is picking a drumstick from a kfc bucket. It's quite simple. Have you ever eaten a fresh tomatoe from the vine as opposed to grocery store? Have you felt the ENERGY course through your being? I have. Grown foods in a garden, watched life take place, watched soil life feed plant life to feed me life.

Are you aware of the benefits of concord grapes? Are you saying it's all fructose? When going on a cleanse they are very astringent and work well at pulling acids from the body especially when teamed with herbs. That was my protocol and it has done me well. I am back to high fruit with leafy greens, sprouts, coconut meat, fresh vegetables and well crafted artisan raw vegan dishes using a dehydrator and fermenting techniques. Very tasty. The fruit is not dead, your optimism is though. Fruit sugar is meant for the human body in an unlimited supply. Gosh...oh well

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I just pray that whomever needs healing or desires to be a better version of themselves would do some research and adopt a high fruit raw vegan herbal regenerating lifestyle. Do it for your grandma.

You remind me of my nephews that are into Crossfit.

Nothing like painful things you embrace for no reason to make one preachy, I suppose.

If you had a raw food fruitarian vegan PETA crossfit LDS, would it cause a black hole of self-righteous proselytizing, do you think?

Are you supposed to be funny or something? Are you chuckling to yourself with these outdated lame connections between vegan, hippy, humanitarian, weakling? You're an old episode of a show no one gives a weinerschnitzel sh** about. I'm talking real beneficial to your life talk and those around you. You're babbling making comebacks like this is an argument. I've lived it, I'm living it, it's done. Research test subject has officially declared that fruits are superior for the human race. You are proof that meat gives you a boil on your inner thigh and an itchy ass.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Those beans that aren't sprouted have enzyme inhibitors such as phytic acid, upon soaking and sprouting you wake up the bean to consume it's live energy when before it would only give you an upset tummy. Live energy is picking an apple from a tree, dead energy is picking a drumstick from a kfc bucket. It's quite simple. Have you ever eaten a fresh tomatoe from the vine as opposed to grocery store? Have you felt the ENERGY course through your being? I have. Grown foods in a garden, watched life take place, watched soil life feed plant life to feed me life.

Ah. Back to 'feelings'. Gardening is enjoyable, I did it as a farm kid most of my youth. However, there is no such thing as 'live energy'. What you're experiencing is 'enjoyment' augmented by 'confirmation bias'.

If I didn't tell you where the food came from, you would 'feel the energy' at about the same rate as random chance.

Are you aware of the benefits of concord grapes? Are you saying it's all fructose?

They're a small part of a balanced diet. But they aren't complete proteins, and they lack a number of minerals you need. And they're eaten up with fructose. FAR more than you need.

When going on a cleanse they are very astringent and work well at pulling acids from the body

What makes you think you need a 'cleanse'? Or that anything was "cleansed"? How do you know? More feelings?

Studies of 'detoxing' show it does nothing, which is what I'd expect.

The fruit is not dead, your optimism is though. Fruit sugar is meant for the human body in an unlimited supply. Gosh...oh well

Sure it is. Once you've picked it, cellular function immediately starts to shut down. You've killed it, after all.

Fructose is definitely not good for you in large, sustained doses. Although there's nothing wrong with it in small doses. Juicing breaks the fiber down so that you get that fructose in a very quick way, might as well eat a big candy bar.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Are you supposed to be funny or something? Are you chuckling to yourself with these outdated lame connections between vegan, hippy, humanitarian, weakling?

Actually I was going for self-righteous, uninformed. And nothing seems to provoke that more than veganism, unless it's PETA. Crossfit is right up there too. I think there's some sort of connection to self-flagellation and proselytizing. QED.

Research test subject has officially declared that fruits are superior for the human race. You are proof that meat gives you a boil on your inner thigh and an itchy ass.

Is that 'research' that awful bit of dreck you posted above? Or do you have something actual? Preferably not from Mercola or naturalnews or the like.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Are you supposed to be funny or something? Are you chuckling to yourself with these outdated lame connections between vegan, hippy, humanitarian, weakling?

Actually I was going for self-righteous, uninformed. And nothing seems to provoke that more than veganism, unless it's PETA. Crossfit is right up there too. I think there's some sort of connection to self-flagellation and proselytizing. QED.

Research test subject has officially declared that fruits are superior for the human race. You are proof that meat gives you a boil on your inner thigh and an itchy ass.

Is that 'research' that awful bit of dreck you posted above? Or do you have something actual? Preferably not from Mercola or naturalnews or the like.

I'm the research. No article. You're an outdated kind of lad. I dig that. You have absolutely no idea what I'm even talking about. If you want research read a book called "the detox miracle source book" by Dr morse. Pdf file available somewhere online. Educate yourself man. Allow new information to question old beliefs. There is a reason why I'm chatting with you now. How dare you know the experience of gardening and say there is no live energy? Huh? Ha. Really though. This is not a fad or gimmick like meat eating. I feel as if I'm trying to convince you now and impose my knowing upon you. I apologize. Like I have said to others, I promise I only aim to help with what I feel is healing from what I've personally experienced over the years. If anybody can benefit from what I have, then that is what's up. Carry on
edit on 25-11-2015 by NautPsycho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

''Live energy'' is ______?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I'm the research. No article.

Right. Feelings.

How dare you know the experience of gardening and say there is no live energy? Huh? Ha. Really though.

Because I know the experience of physics, and there isn't any. The store tomato doesn't make you feel "live energy" because it tastes like a ping pong ball. That's not life force, that's breeding a tomato that can be picked green, shipped without much bruising, and ripened at the store with ethylene. So it is mealy, nasty tasting and disgusting.

That isn't a revelation of live energy, it's just that it tastes nasty.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

This is not a fad or gimmick like meat eating.

People were hunter/gatherers before they began farming.

I'd say humans eating omnivorously is a bit long in the tooth to be called a fad.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes from an evolutionary point of view I'm glad we ate and still do eat meat helps brain development.
Imagine what we would be like If we hadn't eaten meat....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes from an evolutionary point of view I'm glad we ate and still do eat meat helps brain development.
Imagine what we would be like If we hadn't eaten meat....

You can get enough protein in a vegan diet, but it takes some thought and planning. Not a lot, but some.

Interestingly, in societies where they mostly eat plants, they seem to have figured out what makes balanced proteins. Rice and beans go together, for instance, and it makes a set of balanced amino acids.

I'm not against vegan. Although I think lacto-ovo-piscatarian is a lot easier to balance out for proteins and minerals.

However, for ME (and here it's MY turn with the anecdotes...) I find that low grade carbs cause inflammation. If I eat bread, or a lot of fruit, or potatoes, or corn, I end up with sore joints, a cough and a really nasty temper. I measured it. If I eat that stuff, I end up shooting my c reactive protein through the roof. If I don't, it's low. My insulin levels go way up on that stuff as well, and stay there for days. I imagine it's related.

I think this is true for a lot of people, although proving it would require a lot of study. However, a lot of bread, taterses and sweets (juice included) MAY be a causative factor for Alzheimer's, and that's being studied now.

As another single-sample pseudo anecdote, if I take a leukotriene receptor modulator, I can eat low grade carbs without any jacking of my CRP. I'm not sure it's worth taking meds to be able to eat that stuff though.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It's all about moderation isn't it. Getting it right can be hard but I go on what my body tells me to eat and I'm not in bad shape.
I don't do three meals a day either, I call it the lion way of eating. Eat when hungry stop when full and repeat.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It's all about moderation isn't it.

Moderation and variety prevent most dietary diseases, it would seem.

For example - I do occasionally eat a big Irish fry up. Boxty and bacon, fried tomatoes and squash, some scrambled eggs and cathead biscuits are not bad at all. But I can't eat that all the time, or I WOULD have three chins. I don't get enough exercise to burn it off.

Tonight was a typical dinner - big salad, kale, spinach, carrots, sprouts, broccoli, with some crunchy sunflower seeds and some tomatoes diced up, with poppyseed dressing. And about six ounces of broiled salmon with a nice orange zest/brown sugar crust (I made a wad of it for later), and whatever white wine we had lying around the apartment. Plus a handful of blueberries and strawberries and some cheese and red wine for 'dessert'.

I'd love a lot of red meat, but like a fry up, it packs it on me if I don't do a lot of weights, and I don't have time right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ftr- I'm Vegetarian for 25 years, half my life. I'm 210 lbs, a big guy who won't shy away from a fight.

Being Vegetarian makes me stronger, not weaker.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here have some bacon

edit on 25-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!
Sorry, had steak last night dogone it...
Haven't conquered a country in years ,it's been hard.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!
Sorry, had steak last night dogone it...
Haven't conquered a country in years ,it's been hard.

My favorite meats Duck, makes me all feel all genocidy.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes from an evolutionary point of view I'm glad we ate and still do eat meat helps brain development. Imagine what we would be like If we hadn't eaten meat....

If we had not started eating meat, we would neither have got out of the forest and evolve from monkey to human. Environmental change is responsible for some monkey to be "pushed" out of the forest where they were mostly vegan. Monkey getting stuck in grassland and savanna had no choice but to begin to hunt. This evolutionary pressure made brain to grow, essentially forcing monkey to evolve to human.

Monkeys that were "lucky" enough to still have forrest as home, did never feel this evolutionary pressure and stayed monkey as they are now.

It is interesting to note that the carnivor human don't have the normal traits of other carnivorous animal like big canine tooth, claw and fur. It's because the human mammal have developed a much more powerfull tool for hunting, a big brain giving superior adaptibility: capability to fabricate and use tools, make clothing, language to cooperate at hunting...

When one decide to go back to vegan diet, it is like to deny couples million year of evolution and adaptation.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You should come over sometime we'll eat steak and go to the gun range...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
dude what? mass shootings happen all the time, just because you arent aware of them doesn't mean they dont. there is no increase.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join