It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and... Meat Consumption?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
haahhaha all that banter and no substance. Just what one expect from ats

You want to deny that eating meat have no effect on your self in any way?
Well why won't someone try as OP said and be a week on vegis or fruit. But a week is a very short time and some will not recognize the changes but they will soon manifest.

My friend who had to change his eating habits due to the disease is a living breathing example of that. He dropped all the meat and diary products for half a year.
Result?
He says now, this was the best decision in his life. He feels much better and most importantly - his mind is much clearer. His animal desires are no more - lust, anger and so on...are not in him as before or they don't manifest any more. he will continue on this diet even though he could eat meat again with no problem...he says that his concentration and clarity is much better. Every emotion is clearly felt, but bad emotions are subsiding and gives room for more positivity. The same with desires. But this is a slow process and you will hardly notice that in a week.

I also have the same opinion, from experience. But in my case, there was no health reasons for a change but more of spiritual nature or development.

What you eat is a part of you and you are what you think you are. So with eating meat your thoughts or mental state is different than compared to someone who eats only veggies.
And with food we can clean out primal desires, there is no arguing that. But that does not mean, this is the only way! But, sure is a great helper along the way, if you want to change into a person without lust, anxiety, anger...this will help you a lot!
At least my buddy and I are a living examples...so before you preach only based on blind beliefs and ignorance supposedly supported by science. STOP.
Science cant measure emotions and desires and exactly because of that you should test it on your skin and see it for yourself. All else is just imagination. if you want to have stress free, relaxed, calm state of mind then this is one option which will help you do that without a doubt.
Also if you are consuming a lot of energy with sports or work, than this changes things. Basically eat your food in a way that it will benefit you the most. So if you are very active and are sweating a lot, than meat is a great tasty source of energy.

So, yes in a way OP is right and there is a connection in my opinion. But this factor is very small and a lot of other more important factor should be considered with mass shootings. A whole society is sick and is getting sicker or brainwashed, and not only because of meat. This is small factor in that equation, but a factor non the less.

edit on 14483635821113November1311133015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
haahhaha all that banter and no substance. Just what one expect from ats

You want to deny that eating meat have no effect on your self in any way?
Well why won't someone try as OP said and be a week on vegis or fruit. But a week is a very short time and some will not recognize the changes but they will soon manifest.

I'm game, as long as the test group has no idea what they're eating, otherwise, it's the poorest form of anecdotal evidence.

My friend who had to change his eating habits due to the disease is a living breathing example of that. He dropped all the meat and diary products for half a year.
Result?
He says now, this was the best decision in his life.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

That said, nothing makes me thicker headed than a nice pile of corn, potatoes, or bread. It tastes nice, but it makes me grouchy and slow.

I also have the same opinion, from experience. But in my case, there was no health reasons for a change but more of spiritual nature or development.

There is no spirit.

What you eat is a part of you and you are what you think you are. So with eating meat your thoughts or mental state is different than compared to someone who eats only veggies.

I think I am made out of titanium. Whoops, didn't work.

Your body has a nearly magical ability to disassemble organic material and make it into you. You're designed to eat both meat and plants. So you can.

And with food we can clean out primal desires, there is no arguing that.

The very purest form of bull#. Not only can I argue it, you won't be able to substantiate your end of the argument.

All else is just imagination. if you want to have stress free, relaxed, calm state of mind then this is one option which will help you do that without a doubt.

Believing in spirits is imagination. Eating is biology.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is so dumb. No. Meat doesn't cause mass shootings. Just more left wing nonsense.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

No, he wasnt. That story about him being a veggie is not true

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: johnrobca

Lol, a veggie.
Still the point remains.
vegetarians can be blood thirsty too.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

There is no evidence to indicate vegetarians are less violent, it's just an assumption. Look at India where many murders are committed by vegetarians. There are also animal right activists (who are vegan/vegetarian) who have been very violent. Some of the kindest most loving people I know are omnivorous. So no, your OP is incorrect, unless you can show us evidence to back it up.

I was a vegetarian for almost 7 years in my youth and I never changed my behaviour, I actually became less arrogant once I started eating meat again and I stopped thinking I was spiritually and morally superior to the non vegetarian peeps... a sin committed by most vegans who look down onto their meat eaters pals (as seen on this forum too).

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

look I am manly a lurker and I know you are very intelligent poster with probably a science background where facts rule the world. We are totally different people. My world is ruled by experience. So we can argue all we want, but this will get us no where. We each have totally different view of the world and that is fine just the way it is, okey. But let me say this, I really like your posts and while I mostly lurk here, if I notice your post I gladly read it. But that is only about scientific matters where you excel, but when it comes to spiritual matters you are like a blind baby with no experiences. Like I am for facts or science, also a blind baby, hah!

Let it be...I don't particularly care about your belief in spirits nor you probably care about mine. I will not take your bait and try to have an argument around food or anything else with you. You are fact based and I am experience based. You can prove it to all, but I can only live it and know for myself from experience. Facts can change all the time but experience stays with me forever. I choose experience and you choose facts to govern your reality. This is a personal choice we have made. And it is great that we can be so different or we would not be able to learn so much from each other if or when we want to.

But you know what could be done. You could just try it yourself if you are curious what kind of effect food has on your mental state. Maybe you will be surprised?

We certainly were...and from what I read many people say the same on the net. But as you said, this are just more anecdotal stories...personal reality is not based around stories or facts, but experience. I think we can both at least agree with that.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
But as you said, this are just more anecdotal stories...personal reality is not based around stories or facts, but experience. I think we can both at least agree with that.

Actual reality IS based on facts. Personal experience is very...undependable...unless steps are taken to remove the subjective bias.

For example, your friend, having made this decision that vegetarianism would make him feel better, will naturally tend to believe that it does. It's just the way people are wired. That's why we have the scientific method, to strip away the detritus added in by our perceptions.

Thus my comment, I would not believe any "veggies make you [name it]" or "meat makes you [name it]" stories based on feelings, because feelings are nearly always bull#. The only way to substantiate something like that would be for you to have a large enough study to have some statistical power, and to doubly blind it.

Blinding food as to its nature is difficult. You'd have to create some sort of nutraloaf-ish neutral food that tasted the same whether it was plant or meat based.

(post by KAOStheory removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I encountered this article, which may be of interest....

www.nytimes.com...

nytimes.com/2015/11/24/science/agriculture-linked-to-dna-changes-in-ancient-europe.html

scientists has found that after agriculture arrived in Europe 8,500 years ago, people’s DNA underwent widespread changes, altering their height, digestion, immune system and skin color.

Which supports the general concept of human DNA mutation, based on diet. The changes listed, imo, may stop short of stating the behavior could also be affected...genetically, which it could clearly be, in the mind of a modern analyst.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Which supports the general concept of human DNA mutation, based on diet.

Over an 8500 year period.

Not after a nice rack of ribs.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I wonder if sharing this truth to a group of people who haven't experienced what it feels like to not eat DEAD animal tissue anymore is even worth it...I was once like them so yes, it's worth every non believing ignorant sentence thrown back at me.

What animal do you know cooks it's food before eating it? Who fires their food after its already dead? Eliminating any life force that was in the food? Don't you eat to consume everything that food has to offer you? When you cook it you are destroying the energy, changing its chemical structure for flavor and digestion...but if it's meant for your body why would you have to alter it's chemical state to be able to digest it?

Now, go and pick a ripe surcharged persimmon and eat it straight up, no flames, no spices, no IBS. You have just eaten live energy that your body instantly uses as clean fuel. Feeds every cell in your body pure Love as it was meant to. Eat as much as you want, no cancer. I just got through with a 3 month grape fast, eating and juicing pounds of grapes all day every night. I have an 8 pack without exercising, my stamina is unbelievable and my kids who are vegan as well, are beasts of another feast.

You're not mind f****** me or any other TRUE high fruit/herb eater into killing another human for religious or economical purposes. My Mom can't even get me to eat Lobster on Thanksgiving. Clean that toxic sludge from your gut which is your second brain, consume foods that make you feel good overall not just tongue raping you into your next pot pie.

Proof we are frugivores, designed and meant to eat Fruit. Yeah, of course you can shove meat down your throat and live beneath your full potential but you can also place things in your rectum and get a tickle even though it was meant for another purpose. Ol cow titty juice drinking chicken fetus goo coagulation mutha***** go eat some coconut meat and avocados.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

There is no evidence to indicate vegetarians are less violent, it's just an assumption. Look at India where many murders are committed by vegetarians. There are also animal right activists (who are vegan/vegetarian) who have been very violent. Some of the kindest most loving people I know are omnivorous. So no, your OP is incorrect, unless you can show us evidence to back it up.

I was a vegetarian for almost 7 years in my youth and I never changed my behaviour, I actually became less arrogant once I started eating meat again and I stopped thinking I was spiritually and morally superior to the non vegetarian peeps... a sin committed by most vegans who look down onto their meat eaters pals (as seen on this forum too).

Vegetarian? You mean still eating # but excluding meat? You didn't do it right pal. Go do some research on what foods are the best for your body then go implement that into your lifestyle. It's not about looking down on meat eaters, it's telling them from experience that meat is obsolete in 2015 and onward and even before that. We have all been programmed into believing that we need meat in our lives by our culture and blah blah. Bread, beans, and other dead food cooked foods bring you down. Like a lame friend with horrible energy, hand with them everyday and see what happens. Now take a high energy buddy everyday and what changes in you. Same thing with foods we consume. Energy is everything

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho
Eliminating any life force that was in the food?

There is no such thing as "life force".

Don't you eat to consume everything that food has to offer you? When you cook it you are destroying the energy, changing its chemical structure for flavor and digestion...but if it's meant for your body why would you have to alter it's chemical state to be able to digest it?

What sort of energy are you proposing is being destroyed? If you can manage that, then it's Nobel time.

Cooking makes it taste better. It also lets you, in general, get to more of the nutrients by breaking the structure down somewhat.

Now, go and pick a ripe surcharged persimmon and eat it straight up, no flames, no spices, no IBS. You have just eaten live energy that your body instantly uses as clean fuel. Feeds every cell in your body pure Love as it was meant to.

There is no 'live energy'. Your cells don't live on 'love' either.

Eat as much as you want, no cancer.

Try that with raw kidney beans.

I just got through with a 3 month grape fast, eating and juicing pounds of grapes all day every night. I have an 8 pack without exercising, my stamina is unbelievable and my kids who are vegan as well, are beasts of another feast.

Nothing but grapes is incredibly unbalanced. Not to mention they're too sweet.

Proof we are frugivores, designed and meant to eat Fruit.

I've no doubt you think this was a scientific paper instead of something written by a vegan teenager.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Energy is everything

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Vegetarian? You mean still eating # but excluding meat? You didn't do it right pal. Go do some research on what foods are the best for your body then go implement that into your lifestyle. It's not about looking down on meat eaters, it's telling them from experience that meat is obsolete in 2015 and onward and even before that. We have all been programmed into believing that we need meat in our lives by our culture and blah blah. Bread, beans, and other dead food cooked foods bring you down. Like a lame friend with horrible energy, hand with them everyday and see what happens. Now take a high energy buddy everyday and what changes in you. Same thing with foods we consume. Energy is everything

Tell me something: do you take supplements?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Eliminating any life force that was in the food?

There is no such thing as "life force".

Don't you eat to consume everything that food has to offer you? When you cook it you are destroying the energy, changing its chemical structure for flavor and digestion...but if it's meant for your body why would you have to alter it's chemical state to be able to digest it?

What sort of energy are you proposing is being destroyed? If you can manage that, then it's Nobel time.

Cooking makes it taste better. It also lets you, in general, get to more of the nutrients by breaking the structure down somewhat.

Now, go and pick a ripe surcharged persimmon and eat it straight up, no flames, no spices, no IBS. You have just eaten live energy that your body instantly uses as clean fuel. Feeds every cell in your body pure Love as it was meant to.

There is no 'live energy'. Your cells don't live on 'love' either.

Eat as much as you want, no cancer.

Try that with raw kidney beans.

I just got through with a 3 month grape fast, eating and juicing pounds of grapes all day every night. I have an 8 pack without exercising, my stamina is unbelievable and my kids who are vegan as well, are beasts of another feast.

Nothing but grapes is incredibly unbalanced. Not to mention they're too sweet.

Proof we are frugivores, designed and meant to eat Fruit.

I've no doubt you think this was a scientific paper instead of something written by a vegan teenager.

It's obvious you're operating from opinions with no experience. It's ok. Kidney beans are no good for you or any other legume. Frugivores...only if you sprout those beans first giving birth to LIVE energy. You're totally out of your knowledge field on this one and no meme can save your ignorance. Fall back and go learn something about what you're attempting to disprove. Or continue to sip diet coke and eat your big Mac with extra tomatoes to feel good about your future 3rd chin. More ripe fruit for me

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It's obvious you're operating from opinions with no experience. It's ok. Kidney beans are no good for you or any other legume. Frugivores...only if you sprout those beans first giving birth to LIVE energy.

You think that beans that can sprout are dead? And what do you think 'live energy' is? I can't wait to find out.

You're totally out of your knowledge field on this one and no meme can save your ignorance.

Do tell. Well, we'll find out when you try to explain 'live energy', I suppose.

Fall back and go learn something about what you're attempting to disprove. Or continue to sip diet coke and eat your big Mac with extra tomatoes to feel good about your future 3rd chin. More ripe fruit for me

Sorry to dispel your preconception - I don't have two chins, much less three. I don't drink diet coke (or any other sweet beverage). I think I eat at McD's once a year to remember why I don't eat there.

But tomatoes are the staff of life. Feel free to eat nothing but fruit, but you're not getting a balanced diet that way. And you're getting a ton of fructose, especially from juice, which is like quaffing a big old glass of HFCS with flavoring. And if it's grapes, it's even worse - they've been bred to be nauseatingly sweet and they're crawling with sugars. Not so much with proteins. Enjoy your diabetes.

PS - the fruit is dead by the time you get it. It just leaves a pretty corpse.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Tell me something: do you take supplements?

There is no need for supplements when my diet gives me all that I need. I bullsh** you not when I say I feel better than I ever have in my entire life by living this way. Coming from a CHEF le cordon bleu cooking every meat imaginable. Once you cleanse yourself and introduce the truth into your body what the hell is a pig neck doing to your beautiful amazing body? Look at your hand and feel how precious and miraculous of a creation it is. We are living in times where everything you need is accessible to reach a better you. I don't care what these shun the non believer Charlie goons are yapping about. I FEEL this realness. I just pray that whomever needs healing or desires to be a better version of themselves would do some research and adopt a high fruit raw vegan herbal regenerating lifestyle. Do it for your grandma.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

There is no need for supplements when my diet gives me all that I need. I bullsh** you not when I say I feel better than I ever have in my entire life by living this way. Coming from a CHEF le cordon bleu cooking every meat imaginable. Once you cleanse yourself and introduce the truth into your body what the hell is a pig neck doing to your beautiful amazing body? Look at your hand and feel how precious and miraculous of a creation it is. We are living in times where everything you need is accessible to reach a better you. I don't care what these shun the non believer Charlie goons are yapping about. I FEEL this realness. I just pray that whomever needs healing or desires to be a better version of themselves would do some research and adopt a high fruit raw vegan herbal regenerating lifestyle. Do it for your grandma.

My friend was hospitalized because of her vegan diet, that's when I did my own research and I stopped being a vegetarian as I realized we have evolved to be omnivorous. I was an ovo-lacteo vegetarian and I was incredibly healthy. She lacked so many vitamins in her body, vitamins her raw diet could never give her, it took a few years but that's what happens. I would suggest you have a blood test to make sure you are not ruining your health. And before you say it: no, she is not the only one, she is one of many vegans that end up in hospitals with intravenous vitamins (I know, I work in a hospital).

edit on 25-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join