It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French launch airstrike against IS in Raqqa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's got me stumped, they knew about these locations prior to the bombings right? Why weren't these coordinates of there locations given to Russia? I'm guessing for political posture to uplift French spirit which if that was the case that would imply some foreseen knowledge of the terror attacks that just happened.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

Why would that matter? These guys will not stop til they're dead...what is so hard to understand about that? You cannot talk them into a peace treaty. You cannot get them to stop their violence...the only thing that will stop them is being unable to move..

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: socketdude

Any civilians living in Raqqa know the risks. If they haven't left already, then they are the enemy. Women and children, bomb them all. Yes, it's ugly, but war isn't a magic unicorn rainbow.

ISIS counts on the weakness of our rules of engagement, soon they will see the terror in the eyes of their comrades when they realize the west will be taking no prisoners. It's time to terrorize the terrorists.

#WesternArmchairWarriorYOLO

Yes. Bombing them out of their homes is going to solve the terror threat we have in Euriope.... right. Have it ever occured to you that...... that is why they are in europe killing europeens?

Yes, it will solve it - eventually -- when their mothers and children are lying in rubble, not breathing, they might think to themselves..."Maybe we're doing it wrong?" If they actively target our civilians -- I'd love to see their face if we started blowing their civilians up! Would be hilarious! They'd be all like, "Huh?! Hey you guys weren't supposed to do that! That's not fair!!"

Do yo know who IS is?

Are ISIS made up of People from Syria?

IS are fighting Syrians. Yeah Bright move.... lets help them out.

I believe the main command is from Syria, if it's wiped out and there's no "cause" no "caliphate" -- you think all the dead beat easily persuaded moron "home grown" terrorists will still fight the cause, when effectively, there's NO caliphate to fight for?

Of course they won't, because they're morons, they'll just give up, or blow themselves up... eventually the hardcore stragglers will either be killed or commit an atrocity and blow themselves up in the process... but that's going to happen with or without bombing the crap out of Syria.

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little naive if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"
edit on 15-11-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

It's called the intelligence community for a reason.

They know who did it even without someone claiming responsibility...because that's their job..and with nearly the entire global community condemning the attacks in Paris....you can expect at least a little bit of shared intel...

A2D

im sure that works in mordoor or the galactic empire, where we come from there are laws against finding someone guilty without a trial domestic and international.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We should leave the ME entirely.They will all gang up on Saudia Arabia first,then take each other out.Then we can negotiate a very good deal for oil.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Any civilians living in Raqqa know the risks. If they haven't left already, then they are the enemy. Women and children, bomb them all. Yes, it's ugly, but war isn't a magic unicorn rainbow.

ISIS counts on the weakness of our rules of engagement, soon they will see the terror in the eyes of their comrades when they realize the west will be taking no prisoners. It's time to terrorize the terrorists.

Yes. Bombing them out of their homes is going to solve the terror threat we have in Euriope.... right. Have it ever occured to you that...... that is why they are in europe killing europeens?

Yes, it will solve it - eventually -- when their mothers and children are lying in rubble, not breathing, they might think to themselves..."Maybe we're doing it wrong?" If they actively target our civilians -- I'd love to see their face if we started blowing their civilians up! Would be hilarious! They'd be all like, "Huh?! Hey you guys weren't supposed to do that! That's not fair!!"

You're f*ching kidding, right? Us blowing up civilians is what disenfranchised, emboldened and revitalized this ideology and this monster.

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little naive if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"

Yep. Including those in other countries, such as France. Because this is a war. And no rule says the war has to stay within some predetermined bounds or country.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

When the whole global community condemns the attacks....What is the point of a trial? No one has condemned France's retaliatory actions have they? Find one country that is like "oh man France, you should have just let your people die...you shouldn't be attacking back!"...You won't find one..and that's because the entire global community knows who was behind the attacks...

A2D
edit on 15-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

the violence the west brought to their homes made them like this, the same violence that has been brought to the many homes of foreign nations world wide. The only difference is that the chose to fight back while the rest just accepted the superiority of western military. They came after their nations where ripped apart by the same people you want to send to stop them, maybe its time to pack it up and let the ME sort itself out, try going for a year or 2 without killing foreigners. The French slaughtered in Libya and have destroyed people galore, but no one said anything because Libyans are just Africans, why do civilian deaths only matter when they are white?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

You're f*ching kidding, right? Us blowing up civilians is what disenfranchised, emboldened and revitalized this ideology and this monster.

Yep. Including those in other countries, such as France. Because this is a war. And no rule says the war has to stay within some predetermined bounds or country.

I agree. These ISIS nutjobs are fighting for "the caliphate" - they are trying to expand "the caliphate", what motivation remains when there is no more "caliphate"?

The key to destroying ISIS is in destroying the caliphate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Do yo know who IS is?

I believe the main command is from Syria, if it's wiped out and there's no "cause" no "caliphate" -- you think all the dead beat easily persuaded moron "home grown" terrorists will still fight the cause, when effectively, there's NO caliphate to fight for?

Of course they won't, because they're morons, they'll just give up, or blow themselves up... eventually the hardcore stragglers will either be killed or commit an atrocity and blow themselves up in the process... but that's going to happen with or without bombing the crap out of Syria.

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little silly if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"

Is that so.... on what ground do you say that IS main command is in Syria?

Why not in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, FBI in Washinton DC, or CIA at Langley, or NATO in Brussel?

A lot of IS fighters are from europe... UK, France, Germany, Brussel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and so on.

Who is the top dog of IS? Dont tell me he sits in a bunker in Syria coordination he troops. Or driving around in his white Toyota that is so camoflashed that no one can spot it from the air.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

When the whole global community condemns the attacks....What is the point of a trial? No one has condemned France's retaliatory actions have they? Find one country that is like "oh man France, you should have just let your people die...you shouldn't be attacking back!"...You won't find one..and that's because the entire global community knows who was behind the attacks...

A2D

The global community condemns attacks, but does not condone illegal behavior including going into a sovereign nation without askng for permission on some insane lynching spree. Last time I checked the people responsible where shot and are now dead, the proper channels must be used. International laws, how do they work?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Civilian deaths always matter...but it's the cost of war....and the superior force generally has less casualties...

Are you implying had the west never intervened in ME affairs that terrorism would never happen? Because that's foolish and supremely naive....

A2D

link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Swills

Correct.

They don't give a toss about our civilians. Why should we give a damn about theirs?

So long as we play by the rules and they DON'T, we lose.

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. No need to further comment on how absurd your line of thinking is.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

Who said it was illegal behavior? No one. Not one person has protested France's actions...including Assad.

A2D
edit on 15-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu

A2D

The global community condemns attacks, but does not condone illegal behavior including going into a sovereign nation without askng for permission on some insane lynching spree. Last time I checked the people responsible where shot and are now dead, the proper channels must be used. International laws, how do they work?

Good answer sir

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

From what I've read, not a lot today because I'm avoiding it, three of them were FRENCH brothers living in Belgium. The French keep saying the investigation will prove it was IS (or Daesh as they call it and which apparently pisses IS off and even the US now say calling them Daesh "is central to defeating them" because it's a taunt and an insult that IS has taken huge offense to, to the point of threatening to cut out the tongues of anyone who uses the term).

Anyway, were the attacks by Daesh or not? Do we know yet? No.Not relly. But hey letting France bomb IS in Syria ain't a bad thing is it?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
VIVE La France..

'No civilians killed'
A Raqqa activist group reports that no civilians were killed or injured in the French airstrikes:

A French official tells AP "massive" airstrikes have destroyed two jihadi sites in and around Raqqa.
The French statement said:
The raid ... including 10 fighter jets, was launched simultaneously from the United Arab Emirates and Jordan. Twenty bombs were dropped.
Jerusalem's Old City walls are illuminated with the colors of the French national flag in solidarity with France after attacks in Paris, in Jerusalem, Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015.

One of the pyramids in Cairo is lit to show Egypt's solidarity with France Photo: REUTERS

goo.gl...

edit on 15 11 2015 by skywatcher44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Who said it was illegal behavior? No one. Not one person has protested France's actions...including Assad.

A2D

I feel sorry for the US supported moderate rebels in Syria now. I bet they dont exist anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Do yo know who IS is?

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little silly if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"

Is that so.... on what ground do you say that IS main command is in Syria?

Why not in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, FBI in Washinton DC, or CIA at Langley, or NATO in Brussel?

A lot of IS fighters are from europe... UK, France, Germany, Brussel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and so on.

Who is the top dog of IS? Dont tell me he sits in a bunker in Syria coordination he troops. Or driving around in his white Toyota that is so camoflashed that no one can spot it from the air.

OK, I'll bite.

I'm going by what the MSM says. Because, really, that's all that matters at this point. If "they" are lying to us, good for them, we'll never know.

The ISIS main command and control center could be in your ma's house for all I care, because it's irrelevant. If you look at what's unfolding around you, unfortunately you have to just work with the "facts" you are given/fed.

At the minute we're being fed that Syria and Iraq are what make up the main body of "the caliphate".

But yeah, sure, I can go and protest outside Westminster tomorrow to demand the truth that ISIS headquarters is in your ma's house, that's a practical move at this point in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join