It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French launch airstrike against IS in Raqqa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Israel is like a modern day treaty of Versailles. One day in the future people will be able to look back and see that fact. I see some serious hypocrisy going on. Reminds me of how people get worked up about the Holocaust yet were OK with fire bombing Dresden and other war atrocities like nuking Japan.

Domino's falling one global conflict after another. Treaty of Versailles -> WW2 -> Israel as nation -> Middle East conflict/War on Terror. Everyone is being lead around by the nose.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

No, they don't. Which is exactly why Assad is not condemning France's actions...He's finally getting the help he wanted all along..

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: chishuppu

Civilian deaths always matter...but it's the cost of war....and the superior force generally has less casualties...

Are you implying had the west never intervened in ME affairs that terrorism would never happen? Because that's foolish and supremely naive....

A2D

why is the bombing of shop or street killing a few people a terror attack and the illegal military daily destruction of mass civilians and infrastructure an INTERVENTION?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"illegal military daily destruction of mass civilians"...

Of what particular illegal military action are you speaking?

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude

originally posted by: spy66

Any civilians living in Raqqa know the risks. If they haven't left already, then they are the enemy. Women and children, bomb them all. Yes, it's ugly, but war isn't a magic unicorn rainbow.

ISIS counts on the weakness of our rules of engagement, soon they will see the terror in the eyes of their comrades when they realize the west will be taking no prisoners. It's time to terrorize the terrorists.

#WesternArmchairWarriorYOLO

Yes. Bombing them out of their homes is going to solve the terror threat we have in Euriope.... right. Have it ever occured to you that...... that is why they are in europe killing europeens?

Yes, it will solve it - eventually -- when their mothers and children are lying in rubble, not breathing, they might think to themselves..."Maybe we're doing it wrong?" If they actively target our civilians -- I'd love to see their face if we started blowing their civilians up! Would be hilarious! They'd be all like, "Huh?! Hey you guys weren't supposed to do that! That's not fair!!"

Do yo know who IS is?

Are ISIS made up of People from Syria?

IS are fighting Syrians. Yeah Bright move.... lets help them out.

I believe the main command is from Syria, if it's wiped out and there's no "cause" no "caliphate" -- you think all the dead beat easily persuaded moron "home grown" terrorists will still fight the cause, when effectively, there's NO caliphate to fight for?

Of course they won't, because they're morons, they'll just give up, or blow themselves up... eventually the hardcore stragglers will either be killed or commit an atrocity and blow themselves up in the process... but that's going to happen with or without bombing the crap out of Syria.

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little silly if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"

Is that so.... on what ground do you say that IS main command is in Syria?

Why not in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, FBI in Washinton DC, or CIA at Langley, or NATO in Brussel?

A lot of IS fighters are from europe... UK, France, Germany, Brussel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and so on.

Who is the top dog of IS? Dont tell me he sits in a bunker in Syria coordination he troops. Or driving around in his white Toyota that is so camoflashed that no one can spot it from the air.

OK, I'll bite.

I'm going by what the MSM says. Because, really, that's all that matters at this point. If "they" are lying to us, good for them, we'll never know.

The ISIS main command and control center could be in your ma's house for all I care, because it's irrelevant. If you look at what's unfolding around you, unfortunately you have to just work with the "facts" you are given/fed.

At the minute we're being fed that Syria and Iraq are what make up the main body of "the caliphate".

But yeah, sure, I can go and protest outside Westminster tomorrow to demand the truth that ISIS headquarters is in your ma's house, that's a practical move at this point in time.

So to you it dosent matter if the MSN speaks the truth or not about IS. Lets hope they are telling the truth for Our sake, becasue if not, Our actions will not have prevented anything or solved anytyhing and IS will keep comming.

If you go after the wrong Source, you are not solving the problem are you?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No, they don't. Which is exactly why Assad is not condemning France's actions...He's finally getting the help he wanted all along..

A2D

I dont think so. Assad is under Putins wings. Putin will not let the US or France Dance around in Syria like mad menn droping bombs left end right.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Who said it was illegal behavior? No one. Not one person has protested France's actions...including Assad.

A2D

so you are saying that an illegal behavior is fine when people don't call it out, why even have laws then right? J

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So...we have a global conspiracy then? Pretty much the entire global intel community agrees that ISIS formed out of Syrian and Iraqi terrorist organizations...but...for whatever reason...everyone and their grandma is just telling the peasants that...silly us to believe nearly every government intelligence agency on the face of the planet....

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm saying when the entire global community agrees that action is required and justified..then it it isn't illegal...

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

the war on Iraq is illegal under international law and under the constitution of the United States of America, but I do understand when you feel it doesn't apply to Iraqis because it also says all men are created equal(1776)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm saying when the entire global community agrees that action is required and justified..then it it isn't illegal...

A2D

that is not how laws work, if the entire world agrees that we should hang you by the balls I am sure we won't be hanging you by your balls, so you see how you just can't kill in a foreign nation all willy nilly.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So who is going to be the prosecutor? Jesus?

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

the war on Iraq? Sorry I didn't know we were at war with Iraq...I thought we were at war with a terrorist organization operating within the borders of Iraq...

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So...we have a global conspiracy then? Pretty much the entire global intel community agrees that ISIS formed out of Syrian and Iraqi terrorist organizations...but...for whatever reason...everyone and their grandma is just telling the peasants that...silly us to believe nearly every government intelligence agency on the face of the planet....

A2D

Well there is one Source you wont put Your faith in.....Russia.

Russia have told the world who formed IS. Obama stated on TV that he supported ISIL. We know that the US trained ISIL in Jordan. We know that the US, UK and France have been using non leathal aid to supply AQ, Rebels, and ISIL/IS/ISIS. But damn if we believe it even if the crap comes right from the Source it self. No we have to believe it is the Syrians.... jesse's christ are we stupid or what....

Syria is not about IS. It is about who controlls Syria. How fast you People forget.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Any civilians living in Raqqa know the risks. If they haven't left already, then they are the enemy. Women and children, bomb them all. Yes, it's ugly, but war isn't a magic unicorn rainbow.

ISIS counts on the weakness of our rules of engagement, soon they will see the terror in the eyes of their comrades when they realize the west will be taking no prisoners. It's time to terrorize the terrorists.

Yes. Bombing them out of their homes is going to solve the terror threat we have in Euriope.... right. Have it ever occured to you that...... that is why they are in europe killing europeens?

Yes, it will solve it - eventually -- when their mothers and children are lying in rubble, not breathing, they might think to themselves..."Maybe we're doing it wrong?" If they actively target our civilians -- I'd love to see their face if we started blowing their civilians up! Would be hilarious! They'd be all like, "Huh?! Hey you guys weren't supposed to do that! That's not fair!!"

Do yo know who IS is?

I believe the main command is from Syria, if it's wiped out and there's no "cause" no "caliphate" -- you think all the dead beat easily persuaded moron "home grown" terrorists will still fight the cause, when effectively, there's NO caliphate to fight for?

Of course they won't, because they're morons, they'll just give up, or blow themselves up... eventually the hardcore stragglers will either be killed or commit an atrocity and blow themselves up in the process... but that's going to happen with or without bombing the crap out of Syria.

So the west will win in the end, it's inevitable, it just that there's going to be a lot of civilian casualities in the process... as with all wars.... I think you're a little silly if you sit there with your rose tinted glasses on saying, "Yeaahhh we're at war, and we're only going to kill the big scary army men with guns!"

Why not in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, FBI in Washinton DC, or CIA at Langley, or NATO in Brussel?

A lot of IS fighters are from europe... UK, France, Germany, Brussel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and so on.

Who is the top dog of IS? Dont tell me he sits in a bunker in Syria coordination he troops. Or driving around in his white Toyota that is so camoflashed that no one can spot it from the air.

OK, I'll bite.

I'm going by what the MSM says. Because, really, that's all that matters at this point. If "they" are lying to us, good for them, we'll never know.

The ISIS main command and control center could be in your ma's house for all I care, because it's irrelevant. If you look at what's unfolding around you, unfortunately you have to just work with the "facts" you are given/fed.

At the minute we're being fed that Syria and Iraq are what make up the main body of "the caliphate".

But yeah, sure, I can go and protest outside Westminster tomorrow to demand the truth that ISIS headquarters is in your ma's house, that's a practical move at this point in time.

So to you it dosent matter if the MSN speaks the truth or not about IS. Lets hope they are telling the truth for Our sake, becasue if not, Our actions will not have prevented anything or solved anytyhing and IS will keep comming.

It does matter to me that I am being told the truth, of course it does.

What I mean is that, we'll never know otherwise. Will we?

I mean, come on, are you really suggesting a couple of people on a forum are going to crack the conspiracy of ISIS and confront the real perpetrators? Impractical thought process - waste of time thought process.

In order to have constructive debate, you have to work with the facts you are given, irrespective of how legitimate the facts may or may not be.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well there is one Source you wont put Your faith in.....Russia.

Russia have told the world who formed IS. Obama stated on TV that he supported ISIL. We know that the US trained ISIL in Jordan. We know that the US, UK and France have been unsing non leathal aid to supply AQ, Rebels, and ISIL/IS/ISIS. But damn if we believe it even if the crap comes right from the Source it self. No we have to believe it is the Syrians.... jesse's christ are we stupid or what....

Syria is not about IS. It is about who controlls Syria. How fast you People forget.

I think we all know this...

Putin wants Assad to stay in his pocket...so that means Assad must retain power in Syria.
France, the USA & friends want Assad gone...that's why we've openly armed and trained the "moderate rebels"(ISIL forces) in Syria...

But that doesn't have anything to do with the when, where and who concerning ISIL...ISIL was formed well before we ever came into the Syrian conflict...IS only walked into the conflict and further complicated things...

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Do yo know who IS is?

OK, I'll bite.

It does matter to me that I am being told the truth, of course it does.

What I mean is that, we'll never know otherwise. Will we?

I mean, come on, are you really suggesting a couple of people on a forum are going to crack the conspiracy of ISIS and confront the real perpetrators? Impractical thought process - waste of time thought process.

In order to have constructive debate, you have to work with the facts you are given, irrespective of how legitimate the facts may or may not be.

Who formed ISIS is already cracked. The problem is that we wont Accept it, because it is Our governments who have done it. Do to the fact that our media is so focused on the Word:... terrorist ISIS..... We forget who founded and formed them in the first Place.

It is easy to blame ISIS for what they do for Our governments. That way Our governments dont have to defend themselves from us.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Anyway, were the attacks by Daesh or not? Do we know yet? No.Not relly. But hey letting France bomb IS in Syria ain't a bad thing is it?

I don't know who carried out the attacks,but it sure seems like the authorities do ! in fact it is much like 911 they came real fast with the information.....

I really have no answers .....

If they are right and these guys were brothers living in Belgium,perhaps they need to focus closer to home

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

the war on Iraq? Sorry I didn't know we were at war with Iraq...I thought we were at war with a terrorist organization operating within the borders of Iraq...

A2D

is this the real life?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Anyway, were the attacks by Daesh or not? Do we know yet? No.Not relly. But hey letting France bomb IS in Syria ain't a bad thing is it?

I don't know who carried out the attacks,but it sure seems like the authorities do ! in fact it is much like 911 they came real fast with the information.....

I really have no answers .....

If they are right and these guys were brothers living in Belgium,perhaps they need to focus closer to home

yep. this who claims responsibility thing is so fishy, i want to know how they legitimize a claim in 24hrs.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join