It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French launch airstrike against IS in Raqqa

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Anyway, were the attacks by Daesh or not? Do we know yet? No.Not relly. But hey letting France bomb IS in Syria ain't a bad thing is it?

I don't know who carried out the attacks,but it sure seems like the authorities do ! in fact it is much like 911 they came real fast with the information.....

I really have no answers .....

If they are right and these guys were brothers living in Belgium,perhaps they need to focus closer to home

yep. this who claims responsibility thing is so fishy, i want to know how they legitimize a claim in 24hrs.

Well, the French authorities knew that a attack was imminent. But told no one about it.

How they come up With these Things so fast is do to the fact that they knew about it in Advance.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

Not that hard.

Did IS take responsibility? Yes.

Is the attack something that IS would do or is it completely out of norms for them? Something they would likely do.

Was there intelligence pointing to an attack like this being carried out by IS? Yes, which is referenced in my OP.

Is the intelligence credible? Well the Iraqis sure seemed to think it was.

Then it was probably IS that carried out the attack.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No, public support is already there since everyone would love to see the caliphate destroyed.
France requested the authorities in Syria for permission to overfly Syria in order to identify targets 6 months ago.
The targets were known, Russia stepped in and is currently bombing the area.
Now after the attack in France, the french authorities stated that they won't be intimidated and will give a military response.

Maybe now we will finally see joined forces with Russia in order to destroy the whole caliphate in Syria and Iraq.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
bombing the ISIS soldiers still in the Levant makes NO-Sense....
the French radical Jihadists were home-grown militants intent on Jihad because the Radical, Jihadist, killing instructions they got from the Clerics/Imams who give Prayers at the Mosque there in Paris

the weapons most likely were transported through the Mosque's Privileged status and breezed through customs or even a minimal inspection by police/inter-pol or other counter-terrorism agencies

all these elite leaders (nato/eu/usa/france/Germany/sweden..et al).....got their craniums up their rectums

if any target in the Levant is appropriate it is the ISIS controlled municipality of Dabiq...which has tremendous significance to the IS Caliphate as the place where the Arabs will kill off the infidels & set up the global take-over of the world...
Make the end-times town a giant crater instead of a rally point for their atrocities !
edit on th30144763183615572015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not the answer

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Maybe now we will finally see joined forces with Russia in order to destroy the whole caliphate in Syria and Iraq.

THat is the big question. And i think it is all up to the US and Russia to create some common grounds to agree on.

There are some very odd Things that have happened these last two weeks. A Russian airliner was brought Down in the ME. Russia responded by sending in aditional surface to air missiles, helicopters and jets to Syria.

And now the terror attack in France. And suddenly France, US and the UK want to beef up their agenda in the ME.....?

This all smells like a Proxy war going to the NeXT Level if you ask me. ANd the US, UK and France just got Our blessing to muster up.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So why wasn't the coalition bombing these sites last week?

This is ridiculous.. why is the west letting these camps, training grounds and munitions depots remain?

Russia is right - we are not hitting ISIS we are helping them!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The mentality breeds in the middle east. It doesn't matter where you are from.
I'm guessing the one that came from Syria was the brains and motivation behind the attack.
he located several misguided youth, convinced them the best way forward was to sacrifice themselves and they did it.
Hell they could have even been on drugs.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

True, but the caliphate and what it stands for is a magnet for extremists who not only join IS to fight in the caliphate but also form cells within Europe who eventually commit attack such as seen last friday.

So in the end it does make sense to destroy the caliphate but the fight does not stop there, the fight is also against extremists within Europe and those who preach extremism.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
CNN reporting France got it's intel from the U.S.

France now a part of "Five eyes", a group who shares all intel only with one another,given as the U.S.; the U.K.; Canada; Australia and New Zealand.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Just hope we can all get on the same page...because if not it's going to go from proxy war to real !@#$ in no time...

I think the US and Russia CAN lead the way...but it's so volatile.

Russia obviously is a staunch Assad supporter.
Iran is also thought to be spending billions of dollars annually to support Assad.

The US & allies have been pretty clear they don't want Assad to be the future for Syria.
Saudi Arabia and Turkey also oppose the Assad regime.

Until we come to an agreement as to what happens to the Assad regime...expect the conflict to continue...(because that's ultimately what this conflict is about...does Assad stay or does he go?)

A2D

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I didn't meant the US, their position seems quite clear, i meant France and Germany who have so far been very reluctant to act against the caliphate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

As far as I knew, the US, France and Iran all received intel(warning of attacks) from Baghdad...but it simply wasn't specific enough to prevent anything.

As for the coordinates of the training ground that was targeted, from the US most likely.

It's also interesting to note that Iraq, Russia, Iran and Syria are all now sharing intel...

source

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Until we come to an agreement as to what happens to the Assad regime...expect the conflict to continue...(because that's ultimately what this conflict is about...does Assad stay or does he go?)

True.

There are Three possebilities.

1. Russia and the US agree to fight IS as a united force With Assad. And leave the Assad problem until IS is resolved.
2. The US and its allies back Down.
3. Russia backs Down from supporting Assad.

If Russia dont back Down. The US and its allies will have to fight Russia at some point to force Assad out. The US Proxy army wont stand a chanse against the Russian airforce and Assads ground troops in the long run.

But to be honest i dont believe the US are determined to fight ISIS. That is not really what we are seeing taking Place right now. The US and their allies are gearing up because ISIS/rebels are loosing the Battle and that means the US and its allies are loosing their hope of taking Down Assad.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
here is an idea.

How about the US not do anything and mind its business in its own hemisphere where no other nation goes to start any problems. It lets Iran and Russia handle ISIS, then they handle more ISIS in Iraq. From there they help the Iraq maintain order while they rebuild. Let the people from the area who understand the area and live in it handle it, you might say "spreading Islam is brutal, but spreading democracy and capitalism seems to top anything else.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

so they told no one yet you are telling me all about how you know about what they told no one. I don't know buddy.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

so they told no one yet you are telling me all about how you know about what they told no one. I don't know buddy.

The media have already made a News report on the subject. At least here in Norway.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

I created a thread on the very subject of there having been a warning issued the day before the attack so...yes.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

The media have already made a News report on the subject. At least here in Norway.

link me

I am yet to revieve an answer from anyone how they verify a claim from a group or how that group expresses that claim.
edit on 15-11-2015 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

True.

There are Three possebilities.

1. Russia and the US agree to fight IS as a united force With Assad. And leave the Assad problem until IS is resolved.
2. The US and its allies back Down.
3. Russia backs Down from supporting Assad.

If Russia dont back Down. The US and its allies will have to fight Russia at some point to force Assad out. The US Proxy army wont stand a chanse against the Russian airforce and Assads ground troops in the long run.

But to be honest i dont believe the US are determined to fight ISIS. That is not really what we are seeing taking Place right now. The US and their allies are gearing up because ISIS/rebels are loosing the Battle and that means the US and its allies are loosing their hope of taking Down Assad.

Well, just using my beloved process of elimination...I'd say option 1 is most likely...but how long will it take?

I don't see the US and its allies backing down any time soon...just as with Russia...Reason being is that the US and allies have a global reputation to maintain....and Russia has a vested interest in Syria(namely their naval port in Tartarus as well as arms sales)

And yeah I agree that the US probably isn't that determined to fight ISIS, if they were, this !@#$ would have been dealt with a long time ago...they just want to maintain some influence in the area...(In fact, no one is all that determined to fight ISIS in the first place...it's all about maintaining influence....)

The sad part of it all is that while world powers bicker back and forth over who maintains their influence in the region, innocent civilians are dying...

The question we need to ask ourselves is...who poses the greater threat? The Assad regime or ISIL? (Ask a syrian and they'll tell you that stopping Assad's indiscriminate use of barrel bombs is the most urgent task at hand...not only would it help to stop the flow of refugees, it would reduce the number of civilian casualties drastically....)but I'm on the fence...

Stopping Assad may help the plight of Syrian nationals...but it might become a breeding ground for ISIL...much like what happened in Iraq...

A2D
edit on 15-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join