It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

The only teasers I saw were the first few minutes of the episode and I skipped the coming up this season part as I don't want to know before I watch the show. Nice to see the guys were able to get this going this year as everything has gone wonky, a total understatement.

Wonder what that stone structure actually is. If it's what they say it is, well, that's pretty wild. Loads off good stuff there to find, it seems. Looks so small from the air but there's a lot still to be explored.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They show the metal detector with a 3
ounce lump of gold. He says: "holy shamoly".

Treasure coins can be seen falling in shaft
C16. They must be all done on Oak Island
by now as the tv show is delayed probably
by a year.

a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

edit on 16-11-2020 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

I think it's on now and they're talking about COVID 19 detracting from their little hunt, for whatever they're hunting for.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen
They show the metal detector with a 3
ounce lump of gold. He says: "holy shamoly".

Treasure coins can be seen falling in shaft
C16. They must be all done on Oak Island
by now as the tv show is delayed probably
by a year.

a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

well, to be fair...we don't KNOW that they were "treasure coins."

I can imagine what Marty REALLY said off camera to that diver....

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In the last couple of episodes they've found.........rocks. So when do we get to the good stuff?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In the last couple of episodes they've found.........rocks. So when do we get to the good stuff?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Ditto..... When Gary was doing his thing last night, I said to my husband "I hope this is where they find the gold nugget because this is boring...." No bones. Of course, this season is shaping up the way every other season does....starts out exciting, then goes into a lull (boring) before throwing some hum-dinger in the finale. It seemed that this season hinted at definitively "solving the mystery" after 200 years of speculation. And yet, what do we really know? Nothing has been leaked which tells me that they haven't REALLY solved the mystery. Just more propaganda.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
Haven't you Figured it Out by Now , there is No Treasure.............

Oh, no. If there was any to begin with, it was removed long, long ago.

It's funny how the show will so often use a piece of complete trash information as a kind of guide to determining where they need to dig and what represents "forward progress" in the search. Most of the stories are completely without validation to begin with, yet they're often accepted as true I suppose because you have to start somewhere and some old treasure tale is as good a place as any. Yeah, you look at the island and sure somebody has been digging around there. Of course. They dug to find the stupid treasure, going off a rumor or folk tale and in the process destroying everything including original landmarks.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You noticed that too? That some crackpot will speculate some idea and suddenly it is repeated on the show like it is validated truth?

Or when the narrator repeats the crackpot idea with questioning inflection in his tone like it is some great epiphany? Yeah, we used to joke about the narration of the show, but after 8 years it is now just irritating. I want to throat punch the narrator every time he repeats the crackpot ideas.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: Blue Shift

You noticed that too? That some crackpot will speculate some idea and suddenly it is repeated on the show like it is validated truth?

It's all unvalidated. Everybody likes to use the multi-level diagram to show how elaborate the hole was, with all the booby-trap "flood tunnels" and stuff, but who even said it was accurate? The original diggers weren't archeologists. And any artifacts anyone has found (except maybe the rock carvings, which prove absolutely nothing) are completely without confirmation. Possibly just made up junk to sucker other people into investing in their crazy dig. "We got a golden chain link out of the hole before it filled with water!" Really? Or did you just get an old piece of gold chain and say you found it in the hole?

It's really hilarious what they accept as gospel.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Guys...you've answered your own question about 40 times already in this thread.

There's a money pit on Oak Island alright, but it's not buried in the ground. There's nothing buried in the ground on that island except people's imagination.

They took an ancient folk fable and turned it into a reality TV show. Rule #1 in reality TV is...nothing is real. It's all staged.

Every time they bait you up through the commercial break, they make money. Every time they bait you to the end of the program to see them finally find the Holy Grail, they make money. Every time they bait you to the next episode, and the next season...they make money.

^^^^^^^^^THIS is the REAL treasure buried on Oak Island!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here's how you know this. First, Oak Island is 140 acres. If you formed that into a square it would be less than half a mile on a side. In other words, it's tiny; you could walk around the entire island in less than 30 minutes. The way they characterize this place on TV is like it's this huge sprawling island with all these nooks and crannies and miles of coast line with all their tight camera shots. It is everything but that. Second, ever since the 50's the island has been owned by treasure hunters. Treasure hunters who made their money operating tours of guess what...Oak Island. Rick and Marty Lagina are now also part owners of Oak Island. And guess what they do? They operate tours of Oak Island too!

Ever notice how every contractor who does any work on the island has their logo prominently displayed, front and center, plastered all over everything for the camera to capture? Notice how all their equipment is brand shiny new, freshly washed and without a spec of dirt or grease? Ever notice how every new gadget they use on the show they give a glowing technical run down of its capabilities? These are all just product and corporate endorsements, and cha-ching...they make money.

Oak Island is nothing more than a giant ruse. I crack up every time I watch the show! Some of the crackpot stuff they come up with is hilarious. They had one show where they were lining object objects on the island up with objects in Spain and England, and speculating about all these fantastical theories!! It's just hilarious.

My theory is all these guys are all direct descendants of none other than P.T. Barnum who opined a fool was born every minute. If they're not, then they certainly learned his teachings well.

In some respects I personally find the show kind of insulting to the viewers at times. Especially when they have to sit everyone down and explain their findings and their next crackpot plan. It would be one thing if they were actually being scientific about it, but they're not. Their plan is simple..."Let's use a bunch of fancy words and rumors to go dig over here for a while and make a show. And, let's go dig over there for a while and make a show. Then, let's go dig up that place we already dug up because we didn't milk it enough, and we're running out of places to dig. Rinse and repeat."

**Sigh** Whatever. I guess if people enjoy the show then what do I care? It's not hurting me. Just seems silly though...especially after 8 years!

Now, if someone were to ask my opinion of what would spice up the show I'd suggest the following: Kidnap Marty Lagina and teleport him onto the deck of the F/V Northwestern in the Bering Sea with Sig Hansen. Kidnap Rick Lagina and teleport him to the TV set of Housewives of Beverly Hills, or the Kardashians. Then turn the whole island into a haunted theme park with the ghost of Dan Blankenship scaring the bejeezus out of patrons at every turn. Now that would be cool to watch!
edit on 12/9/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Good. It's not just me that's wondering where the goodies are at.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow, I'm an idiot.
edit on 12/9/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have a relative that lives in Nova Scotia. I guess a little over a month ago they found another anomaly a few feet from the original money pit that had not been scanned before. They drilled and sent someone down and they found several thousand absentee ballots made out to Joe Biden, things could get interesting on Oak Island

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry, sometimes the harsh realities of 'reality TV' are, well, kind of harsh.

In the same breath, those realities are real, and no matter how much creative camera work they do they can't change it.

There's no science on the Oak Island show, just entertainment.

If someone likes it, then great. But just view it for what it is...entertainment.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Whether you believe there is or ever was a treasure on Oak Island, something of historic interest definitely happened there. Unless you believe that they're straight up fabricating all the information (which I guess isn't impossible). All the stuff dug up at Smith's Cove and in the swamp, the human bones found hundreds of feet underground in the money pit area. If the dating on all that stuff is accurate (and I'm not entirely convinced that they would outright lie about the dating results) and it's not just stuff built by previous searchers, then something big was going on at Oak Island centuries ago. Whether it was burying pirate treasure, hiding secret religious Templar treasure, military encampments, some kind of illegal works or a ship yard, I don't know, but it's still very interesting to me regardless. Now, I don't believe in all the alignment stuff. To me, I've never believed in treasure maps and markers and that sort of grandiose setup. What would be the point? Anyone in the know about the treasure wouldn't need some hidden code or hidden map made by rock alignments (and there's no way in hell the accurately aligned rocks on Oak Island with structures half a world away), they'd already know about the treasure and where it is. And anyone not in the know is probably not in the know for a reason, so what would be the point of having a map or hidden clue markers that people you don't want finding the treasure could potentially decipher?

To me, the Oak Island treasure is like Bigfoot. Some days I believe in it, other days I believe that after all the time and energy spent looking, there would be definitive proof by now if it was real. Regardless, I still enjoy watching them unearth old stuff. I just hate the flashbacks and nonstop recaps. Also, you're not going to convince me that they're constantly discovering new stuff like the trench and pine kiln tarn as small as Oak Island is. Hell, let me on the island and I'll spend an entire day scouring every inch of it, nothing would be left undiscovered. Gary Drayton could probably detect half the island in a single afternoon.
edit on 9-12-2020 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Pretty much par for the course for ANYTHING on the History Channel, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

What does being "scripted" have to do with anything if the work itself is real?

Trying too hard to be woke lol

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
they dont need to find any treasure, History Channels paying them a fortune just to film them digging more holes. Thats the real treasure.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

I totally agree on all your points. There is something there and maybe it's all gone by now but SOMETHING was there.

Really, that island is pretty small why hasn't "metal detector expert" Drayton not combed that island over the years?

Yet I still watch, waiting for that moment. Bloody hell, this thing has had me hooked since I first heard about it 15 years or so ago.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join