It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Bloody hell, I know there are threads on this but the search sucks, when I can get it to work. Couldn't find anything recent so here's this take on the new season.

I was already intrigued, but this seems to be getting somewhere. They may have confirmed that Blankenship wasn't wrong, there may be a body down there in 10-x and the guys with the scans say there may be a whole load of tunnels underneath.

Why there is still green dye down there after all these months seems to disprove a linkage to the sea but who knows, the whole thing, at least from what we have been told, is bizarre.

The Oak Island has been a mystery for so long it would be nice to have some kind of answers. I don't know if these guys are going to get them but it seems they are on the right track. I don't know if they will have the answers before I'm dead but it would be cool to have something figured out about this bloody hole.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I am very interested in the Oak Island mystery and would love if you post links to the new information you referred to!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I take it it is this hole you are talking about.....i like the speculation in a link i found....

Theories as to what could lie at the bottom of the pit range from the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant to pirate treasure and the lost manuscripts of William Shakespeare. To this day it remains a mystery.

Read more: www.bostonstandard.co.uk...

www.bostonstandard.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I take it it is this hole you are talking about.....i like the speculation in a link i found....

Theories as to what could lie at the bottom of the pit range from the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant to pirate treasure and the lost manuscripts of William Shakespeare. To this day it remains a mystery.

Read more: www.bostonstandard.co.uk...

www.bostonstandard.co.uk...

I am particularly fond of Penn Leary's Shakespeare theory: Link

I won't go so far as to say I am sold, but I love his theory that Francis Bacon was Shakespeare.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That show is scripted. It is television, after all. You're not actually taking it seriously, are you?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's curious. This island is more important to some than those that live there. It would be cool if there was something interesting there though.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Has anything of value ever been found there?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
That show is scripted. It is television, after all. You're not actually taking it seriously, are you?

Oh. it's from that show. =(

It is a disappointing show.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: intrepid

Has anything of value ever been found there?

Not that I know of and I've lived in NS for half my life.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Jeez Louise, talk about a buzzkill, ease up there scrooge.

Just kidding, I actually find it pretty entertaining and some of the discoveries, if legit, are difficult to ignore. Such as the coconut fibers from the 14th century or earlier.

edit on 11-11-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Search works for me fine tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are a few more threads that have some interesting information.

I have enjoyed this series for a couple years. I know that it's scripted to a point. But they don't lie about what kind of research they are doing, Do they?

I think some of the discoveries they have unearth are really cool. Someone mentioned the coconut fibers. Someone went to great lengths to build this trap or whatever it really is.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

As much as I want those brothers to find something significant I just don't think it will happen. Keep in mind many others have come before them maybe what was once there is no longer there. Maybe what there finding is only what was left behind by who whatever found what if anything was really there. If there was anything there to find at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I saw that there is a TV show about two brothers trying to figure it out. That's great you made a thread on this - I've always been fascinated by the mysterious symbols that were on the wood down there and how it filled back up… the many many deaths, etc. who crafted it if not vikings?

S & F OP

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the show in the beginning.... And unlike a lot of other (scripted) reality shows, I think the brothers are legit in their quest. However, it became clear last season that the (Alternate) History Channel is trying to "spice things up" (cough.... Ruin) the show by intertwining their conspiracy bull# "experts" to speculate what's down there. I'm expecting the finale to showcase Giorgio Tsoukalos saying Ancient Aliens built the pit and it's the doorway to Atlantis or some $h*t

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well here's another tangent we can go on too.

Do you think if they really did find something like the Ark, or the Chalice, that they'd actually let us know?

I think not!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I had to look up Oak island and what i found was very interesting . Just something that caught my attention was how clever the people were in designing flood tunnels etc . This place is how old and still people are struggling to find the truth . At the current rate i am afraid i wont be around to see the answers .

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The body at the bottom of 10X is not a body but one of two things.
One is a Marble sculpture,
Or a ships Figurehead from a old sailing ship.
morgana249.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I really enjoyed the show in the beginning.... And unlike a lot of other (scripted) reality shows, I think the brothers are legit in their quest. However, it became clear last season that the (Alternate) History Channel is trying to "spice things up" (cough.... Ruin) the show by intertwining their conspiracy bull# "experts" to speculate what's down there. I'm expecting the finale to showcase Giorgio Tsoukalos saying Ancient Aliens built the pit and it's the doorway to Atlantis or some $h*t

I agree that things are getting a mite loopy on the show. But one fact remains...they are throwing a lot of dough and expertise at the mystery, and it's probably the best chance ever to resolve it. And to Intrepid, I did hear an old clip on the CBC that stated the odd local labourer would throw a bit of gold chain into the pit when it looked like the investors were getting discouraged and ready to pull the plug. A (late) acquaintance of mine, an 'intuitive archaeologist', did hold a bit of chain from the pit and pronounced it to be Templar gold...but that's another story.
edit on 12-11-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: Arrr

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Coconut fibers and a trade token in the nearby swamp area thought to have a drainage shaft for the main one.

No monetary value, but a cool anomaly that points to someone digging holes all over the island for some reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join