It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And no surprise, I was unfortunately right. The big gold puck they kept teasing turned out to be a "fancy chest knob" (looks more like a doorknob to me) and it's not even gold.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Yes, but the testing is no back yet, is too well preserve and golden not to contain gold in it.

I can not wait for the next episode the stone road in the swamp is priceless

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Yes, but the testing is no back yet, is too well preserve and golden not to contain gold in it.

I've always maintained that the key to the mystery lies in the swamp. The Money Pit is a door that was slammed many years ago, on the way out. If the swamp is artificial, or has been altered...then that's where the back door is.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes I agree, every time the swamp is drained more new discoveries resurface, all this years and I am still hook on Oak Island.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Several members of the project have a presence on Facebook, and a lot of the actual archaeology is being discussed there. Once this Covid stuff has been put to rest, it's worth taking a trip out there. Actual tours of the island are like hen's teeth, but once can go to the visitor's centre and also book a great boat tour around the island.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: marg6043

I've always maintained that the key to the mystery lies in the swamp. The Money Pit is a door that was slammed many years ago, on the way out. If the swamp is artificial, or has been altered...then that's where the back door is.

I remember reading some really old books on pirate treasure years ago. I got them in huge libraries like Boston public.
I cannot find them anymore.

One common theme was when groups of pirates built caves and structures in the Earth to hide things, they never left the same way they originally entered, making it easy to cover up tracks and booby trap the entrance.

Some also hid the booty in shallow excavations tunneled under pristine, undisturbed locations to make it easy for them to retrieve it at a later time, leaving no clue that anything had been buried there.

With the details they have been able to uncover already, this is most likely the way they built the Money Pit.

One positive thing for the hunt is that they never found an unfilled excavation hole. If the parties that buried the original loot retrieved it, they would have wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, and would not waste time filling back in the hole dug to get it. IMHO
edit on 1-2-2021 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm really intrigued by the "lock" they found. No word on that yet. The road in the swamp is, well, it is.

What the hell happened there? I don't think I can say much more that what the bloody hell happened there?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
What the hell happened there? I don't think I can say much more that what the bloody hell happened there?

The road is the most interesting thing they've found so far. I wish they'd excavate more of it quicker... they seem to be focused on the same small section of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am still an avid watcher of Oak Island mystery, is now a big TV series so they are going to be slow showing for series TV time.

I been watching also the other projects the brothers are funding around the world like Yama#a's gold search in the Philippines and a few more.

Covid have slow down some of this projects.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
First time I heard about Oak island was back in the 1980's when I read a readers digest that my Grandma had. At the time there was no internet so it was a 2 or 3 page story that stuck in my head for years.
I believe there was something there at some point but whatever was there is long gone...... however there is that little nagging doubt that makes me continue to watch the show and its annoying excitement at a couple of nails or a bit of wood

This season with the discovery of the road in the swamp it is certainly intriguing but my wife still thinks i am nuts watching it week in and week out... some weeks i find it hard to disagree with her.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Watch as Oak Island becomes political and starts pushing for reparations....

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If Rusty Cast Iron were Gold , those Two Guys would be Rich ..........

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If Rusty Cast Iron were Gold , those Two Guys would be Rich ..........

If those 2 guys had invested in Tesla instead of Oak Island they'd be VERY rich.....

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

If those 2 guys had invested in Tesla instead of Oak Island they'd be VERY rich

now that would have been a real bobby dazzler.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Watch as Oak Island becomes political and starts pushing for reparations....

Why would you want to drag your politics into this thread?
Some folks just need to get out more, I guess.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't revive this earlier, I've been lazy. So, they have found gold down there. That's rather interesting as it seems that piece shouldn't be there. The stone road and all that is more than interesting but it seems the CCH is going to shut them down around there. I hope they can resolve that situation.

They never have gotten back to the "lock" they found last year and in tonight's episodes they said they had found scissors? I don't remember seeing that in the show. I don't watch the Digging Deeper show as that dude Matty sucks and I just can't stand him so I may have missed some stuff there.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I would love to see a study of the barrel staves they found in the swamp. Gold in a barrel will leave gold on the wood inside a barrel. Since the way they moved barrels in the 14 to 1800s was by rolling the barrel, there would be a lot of gold rubbed off on the inside wood of the barrel.
This can be shown by rubbing a gold coin on a piece of writing paper. a gold coin will leave a brown line in the paper.
If tested with an XRF, you will be able to read gold on the paper.
Since paper is wood, they should be able to read if the barrel staves have gold on them with their XRF.
The same with silver if the barrel had silver coins in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: intrepid

Has anything of value ever been found there?

Nothing, apart from the valuable information encoded in Nolan's Cross, which has now been decoded:
smphillips.mysite.com...'s%20Cross.pdf
If you value truth more than boxes of gold coins, it may interest you. In fact, it may blow your mind.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Link broken

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
link corrected below - hopefully, although I'm not sure I agree that it has been decoded...
corrected link

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join