It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

a reply to: Blue Shift
maybe the Laginas are finally giving up and done spending money....which is why the show is rumored to be ending?

From what cast members told me, that's not happening yet.

Thanks JC...
As a history enthusiast, I shall enjoy seeing what else comes out of Smith's Cove...even if it is only structures that have nothing to do with treasure.
I gather that Gary has set a line of flags along the beach at Smith's Cove (always made me nuts when they didn't flag stuff!). And it looked like the cofferdam was being removed. They're busy, and what one needs to remember is that they are busy on the search, and the show is secondary to that.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I saw a story somewhere that Hurricane Dorian took a glancing blow in the area. I was curious how that might affect the cofferdam, if at all.... If they are removing the cofferdam, well...that's a statement all on its own.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I saw a story somewhere that Hurricane Dorian took a glancing blow in the area.
Only thing I heard was that power was out for a while. But we'll find out this season, won't we?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So....anyone seen the latest teaser for Season 7 that hints at a tunnel found in Smiths Cove? Surprised no one has commented on this yet.... There's also the mention of stairs.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So....anyone seen the latest teaser for Season 7 that hints at a tunnel found in Smiths Cove? Surprised no one has commented on this yet.... There's also the mention of stairs.

I saw it, but based on all the past seasons I'd have to say I think it is just another "searcher" tunnel they found. The show really knows how to edit to milk the viewer ratings.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Google earth image is from 2 months ago

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
One day left in the Countdown to......?????

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I saw it, but based on all the past seasons I'd have to say I think it is just another "searcher" tunnel they found. The show really knows how to edit to milk the viewer ratings.
Truth is, I've made a point of avoiding the trailers because I like it to unfold as I'm watching. Looking forward to this season! I'm told that there was a lot more archaeology done this past summer, though I don't know if it will make it to the small screen.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That's why I don't watch 'Digging Down.' They have too many spoilers for the actual show.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You guys talk about this like it's real.
As soon as ratings drop the History channel will drop them.
Then the digging stops.

It's all for tv.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Tonight's episode should reveal what the 1000's seismic charge's in the swamp revealed.

It's not about the treasure, it's about the history that has been and will continue to be revealed.
edit on 5-11-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Plus the host is a moron. So cannot stand that dude.

But yeah, I concur, I'd rather just watch the show and let it unfold.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Plus the host is a moron. So cannot stand that dude.

But yeah, I concur, I'd rather just watch the show and let it unfold.

Yeah, can't stand that guy....another reason why I don't watch it.

As far as the first episode, I wasn't very impressed but then I didn't expect more really. I still find the uncovering of history exciting and interesting....so I will continue to watch even if they don't find treasure. But all the speculation that is later regurgitated as fact gets annoying and old...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Blue Shift
maybe the Laginas are finally giving up and done spending money....which is why the show is rumored to be ending?

From what cast members told me, that's not happening yet.

Thanks JC...
As a history enthusiast, I shall enjoy seeing what else comes out of Smith's Cove...even if it is only structures that have nothing to do with treasure.
I gather that Gary has set a line of flags along the beach at Smith's Cove (always made me nuts when they didn't flag stuff!). And it looked like the cofferdam was being removed. They're busy, and what one needs to remember is that they are busy on the search, and the show is secondary to that.

Absolutely. The show is the catalyst and cash cow to be able to do what needs to be accomplished.
The history is everything for me as well and they are genius in figuring out how to accomplish that.
edit on 6-11-2019 by charlyv because: s

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
they found a button for crying out loud.....
and a spike that was not a spike.....

14th century people
come on

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
You guys talk about this like it's real.
As soon as ratings drop the History channel will drop them.
Then the digging stops.
It's all for tv.

No, the Lagina's were on the project before the show, and the show actually serves as a distraction to Rick, I'm told. They have dough...the show does not control the project.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm just a nobody sitting in my chair watching the show but damn, the frustration I feel must be nothing compared to the Lagina's and their team. I so want answers to whatever the hell was done there as it's one of the most intriguing mysteries I've ever come across. Oak Island and the Voynich Manuscript are the top two mysteries I've ever come across and I hope some day we'll have answers. Maybe even in my lifetime but who knows.

Nothing conclusive in the two episodes so far but they might be up to something in the swamp so that's cool and the tools they found were also interesting if they date to where they think they might have come from. The possibility that Fred Nolan was right and the swamp is man made is very exciting.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Welp, they debunked the swamp ship pretty early in this season. I figured they would have dragged that out for a few more episodes. I figured it was too good to be true and it really didn't make sense that they would sink the ship in the swamp and also somehow bury the huge ship under upwards of 50 feet of mud.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
The possibility that Fred Nolan was right and the swamp is man made is very exciting.
What it says to me is that there is where we'll find the 'back door' to the treasure vault. The front door has been effectively sealed by the flood tunnels. And being blown to crap.

My attention is always drawn, though, to a couple of concepts in the dating of artifacts that are being consistently being ignored. All for the sake of dramatic effect, of course. The first being that sailing ships would draw ballast in European ports if they had no cargo to send to the Americas - which is how items that would bring joy to a Thames mudlark can end up being found in North American shallows. Perhaps explaining 'Solutrean' hand axes off of Virginia as well.

Secondly, the North American colonies suffered from a lack of specie, meaning that all manner of coinage, of all kinds of age and origin, was in circulation in early days. So a date on a coin can have nothing to do with the context in which it was found, except to establish a date before which it could not have been deposited. The habit on the show is to point at the early bracket and everybody goes "Ooooooo...."

Except Laird, who knows better.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Omg...thank you for being a sane person who is stating what is obvious fact. It always annoys me when they find an article, date it, and then think it somehow ended up there when it was brand new. That is serious speculation and circumstantial at best. The iron cross is a great example.... Who's to say that wasn't a family heirloom for someone? There's a million ways that cross could have ended upon Oak Island which have NOTHING to do with the Templars.

And I STILL call the analysis on the crossbow bolt a bunch of hokey pokey b*LL$#@T. Roman, my &^%. I would bet if you allowed 10 different experts to look at that item, you'd get other opinions and they wouldn't match up. Just because some expert on CoOI makes a claim doesn't make it gospel. The various scientific analysis are the only pieces of evidence that I feel can legitimately hold water under peer review.

Lots of theories out there about what happened on Oak Island...and I don't think we have enough concrete data to make an informed decision, but at least they are trying to do it with some kind of legitimate science when they can.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join