It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lesbian Couple Arrested for Kissing" - What the Mainstream Didn't Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The issue is we do not even know whether the manager, or anyone else at the store, was involved or nformed with what was transpiring.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i only hope he punched her hard enough
that everyone around will think twice
before deciding to wear shorts

Technically speaking the officer was treating her as his equal.

Punching a woman in the face proves that he's not a mysoginist.

#genderequality

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't disagree at all.

What I don't understand is being a hypothetical LEO and telling the store manager, in his own store, to mind his own business.

Sorry, by "mind his business" I meant......tell the Store Manager to "take care of his business, i.e., get involved, respond like a Manager!"

Gotcha. That we can agree on. I think your phrasing threw me off track as to your intent.

All good

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Technically speaking, since he was choking her partner for a perceived injustice, he is a violent criminal and should be harshly disciplined.

#policebrutality

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep, by "mind your business", I meant "tend" to your business....take care of your business.

And the odd thing? Throughout this entire exchange I've yet to receive a notification of a reply to my post. That feature seems to be entirely broken.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Technically speaking he wasn't treating her as an equal at all, since it doesn't appear that he treated her as a cop.

#masonsruineverything

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Technically speaking he wasn't treating her as an equal at all, since it doesn't appear that he treated her as a cop.

#masonsruineverything

Good point.

And, yes, we do.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's hit or miss with me these days. Some threads do it, but many don't. It's especially annoying when a thread I'm the OP of doesn't do it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We will wait for the trial to judge this.

Let's see all the evidence.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There won't BE a trial. The prosecution dropped the case. The women ARE suing the police department though.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lewd is lewd regardless of your sex preference, colour or creed. When out in public one must be mindful of the impressionable youth.

I wouldn't want the very young to witness a couple feeling up each others packages akin to foreplay in the isle of a shopping mall. That's straight couples as well, I don't act in such a manor with my wife. Sure we hold hands and perhaps a peck of a kiss but i don't fondle her hoo ha at Extra Foods. At home however all bets are off.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Gotta love America the land of disproportionate compensation for your feelings.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

We actually don't know if they were fondling each other like that. The eye witness SAYS that was the case, but the video tape that would verify such an account went missing, plus the prosecution dropped the case.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Gotta love America the land of disproportionate compensation for your feelings.

Hey I don't like our suing culture either, but this looks like an open and shut case in favor of the women. They'll be nicely compensated. Too bad its the tax payers that will suffer for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry if I missed the point, I read every post and I still don't know if it is illegal to french kiss in a supermarket.
Because if there is such a law, then these two ladies are ignoring it and the police was called rightly.

If it isn't, at what point was police needed?

Was it when they kissed?
or when someone either said something or did something to stop them. To which this person had no right if french kissing is legal. Someone just interrupted a display of affection because of personal opinion. How rude.

Imagine the girls would have been a 6 foot soldier in uniform and a nice girl.
Just imagine that picture. I bet the same person who called the police on two girls would have had tears of pride, seeing the healthy young soldier and his pretty girlfriend.

And that is what makes it so creepy, to distinguish between "who can" and "who can't".

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Actually you have the story incorrect. The only people who called the police are the women, because an off-duty cop was harassing them for displaying affection in a supermarket. By the way, about you query on French kissing in public, I posted this link in the other thread referenced in the OP.

PDA in the USA: The top 100 American cities for public displays of affection (beware of Honolulu if you hate seeing people make out)

Honolulu tops that list. Take that how you want.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am thinking about this and how I would react walking by, if am alone I say nothing, If am with my wife I say nothing, if I am with my 5 year old now I finally do say something, "please ladies not in front of the children".
If they stop, great, but if they don't and tell me to F off, now they escalated it, and I go to the store manager to report them.
Of coarse a police officer is of the mindset that he can and should do more, and he did.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The flip side of your list, and this is by no means a disagreement with you, is that Hawaii is ridiculously gay-friendly. And in this instance I mean ridiculously as in very, very welcoming.

I was frankly shocked to see that the couple was trying to play the gay angle, and not shocked at the same time. Does bigotry still exist there? I'm sure it does, but I can honestly say I never met anybody there who had any problem with gays.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The flip side of your list, and this is by no means a disagreement with you, is that Hawaii is ridiculously gay-friendly. And in this instance I mean ridiculously as in very, very welcoming.

I was frankly shocked to see that the couple was trying to play the gay angle, and not shocked at the same time. Does bigotry still exist there? I'm sure it does, but I can honestly say I never met anybody there who had any problem with gays.

Do you live there? How do you know Hawaii is gay friendly?

Doesn't seem that way to me following their politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

take it from me, bigotry is still alive and well and everywhere. I live in one of the most queer-friendly cities in the southern hemisphere, and i still have to deal with bigots on a near-daily basis. Mostly in the form of micro-aggressions - old people glaring on trains, etc, but unprovoked attacks like the girls from the OP speak of do happen, and often enough that my girlfriends and i must keep an eye out when we're in public. Regardless of how openly we display our affections.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join