It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lesbian Couple Arrested for Kissing" - What the Mainstream Didn't Report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I doubt very much this cop was a homophobe and would in fact put money on him being gay himself.
What normal hetero guy stops 2 hot chicks going at it regardless of where the action is taking place ?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

One of my GF's love's to show off her augmentations in public and I love her PDA's as well.

I'm sure you'd have no problem with your kids seeing us enjoy each other company in the store when you are out shopping for groceries.

It amazes me when people can gloss over what ever they want in order to justify their stance on a subject.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

oh gosh no you're right, i would much prefer any potential children under my care to know that a man paid to uphold the law can and should use violence to enforce his idea of what that means, even when he's not working, over the vastly inferior notion that love is a beautiful thing and we are capable of living and letting live. what was i thinking.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Harrison testified that he approached the couple again at the register, telling them that the store was going to have them warned for trespassing.

I have not been able to find in either one of these threads where the manager on duty confirmed that they were going to have the couple 'warned for trespassing'.

If the manager on duty did not call to complain the officer overstepped his authority.

edit on 4-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Love is indeed a beautiful thing.

I'll thank you to not make out and grope your SO next to me while I'm trying to get some milk and bread, though, if it's all the same to you.

Live and let live works both ways.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Wait, did we really need a new thread on this? Couldn't you have just put this in my thread? Or were you concerned it wouldn't get enough views?

Anyways. I find your account fishy on the account that the police "lost" the surveillance tapes. I think you are fishing to see something that confirms your belief that these women were troublemakers and this cop can do no wrong. But even then you DID admit you also think the police officer was in the wrong as well.

How do you know that this eye witness isn't also anti-gay? It's not unheard of to have two bigots in one place. I'd like to defer to the tapes, but hey the police lost them. The fact that that doesn't strike you as odd just shows your bias. The girls' story might be slightly embellished to make them look not as bad, but the fact is if whatever they were doing was inappropriate then they should have contacted the store's management to begin with. It's not their business to get physical. Even if he is an off-duty cop.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And the critical portion of the entire encounter:

After five months, prosecutors threw out the case, said their attorney, Eric Seitz.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ghostrager

Harrison testified that he approached the couple again at the register, telling them that the store was going to have them warned for trespassing.

I have not been able to find in either one of these threads where the manager on duty confirmed that they were going to have the couple 'warned for trespassing'.

If the manager on duty did not call to complain the officer overstepped his authority.

Spot on correct. What this story really shows is how dumb this cop was and how easily cops can be tempted to taking the bait that will lead to a lucrative law suit.

If I'd been the cop, I'd have turned around and walked out the store, telling the store Manager to mind his business. If other shop patrons were offended, they can express their displeasure and walk the store.

Sad really. We saw much the same thing at Ferguson. The cops really, really, need to wise up.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, the charges were dropped. This was something that was noted in my thread. Apparently that isn't a big enough clue that the officer was in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So your solution to two people getting it on in a store is to tell the store to mind it's business and tell other customers that they're free to leave if they want?

That's pretty mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So your solution to two people getting it on in a store is to tell the store to mind it's business and tell other customers that they're free to leave if they want?

What anyone who had an issue with what these women were doing, including the violent officer, should have been to inform management of their concerns and let them make the determination on how they wished to address the situation, being that it was on private property.

edit on 4-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The store to mind it's own business? In both the account I posted in my thread AND this account, the store didn't seem to even be involved with the matter, let alone told to mind its own business.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Did you read what I was responding to? He said he would've told the store manager to mind his business and tell other customers to leave if it bothered them.

Again, mind boggling. Whether it happened or not is immaterial, since I was responding to a hypothetical.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Don't disagree at all.

What I don't understand is being a hypothetical LEO and telling the store manager, in his own store, to mind his own business.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In my personal humble opinion.... The Officer's actions speaks volumes about his mindset. If something inappropiate was going on, a simple, friendly spoken "C'mon girls/ladies..." followed by a smile and a wink, would have been enough, not starting yanking arms and tossing 'em on the ground and flexi cuff 'em........

edit on 1142015 by BobbyRock because: fixing things

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Don't disagree at all.

What I don't understand is being a hypothetical LEO and telling the store manager, in his own store, to mind his own business.

Same. If you are on private property and are having an issue you need to address these concerns to the property owner or their authorized representation. If you feel at that point that they are not addressing your concerns to your satisfaction you can then opt to leave and patronize another establishment.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Yep that's where I'm at with it. Tell the manager and let him deal with it, or not, as he or she sees fit. And if it's not a manner I think is "right" I'll happily go buy my gallon of milk elsewhere.

But I'm NOT going to tell the store manager to stay out of it. In his own damn store.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Did you read what I was responding to? He said he would've told the store manager to mind his business and tell other customers to leave if it bothered them.

Again, mind boggling. Whether it happened or not is immaterial, since I was responding to a hypothetical.

And what I meant was that the Store Manager should have handled this problem! He should have thrown them out if he was offended or felt things had gotten out of control. Instead, the first thing that happens is that a cop is called in.
Put another way? If you're a bar owner/operator and two people act up in the bar, the first thing the manager does is throw them out. The manager is trained to call the cops only AFTER the offenders are outdoors on the curb or in the parking lot.

This store manager was totally incompetent!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I did read what you responded to, I don't think you understood what he typed thoroughly enough. ETA: See above. He beat me to the punch.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Don't disagree at all.

Sorry, by "mind his business" I meant......tell the Store Manager to "take care of his business, i.e., get involved, respond like a Manager!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join