It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lesbian Couple Arrested for Kissing" - What the Mainstream Didn't Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you aren't familiar with the story of two lesbians that were arrested by an off duty officer for kissing in Hawaii last week, you may want to pay more attention to the news as nearly every news outlet covered it.

I also heard about it here on ATS: ATS Thread on Arrested Lesbians

The article every news outlet used was an AP article that reported what the women say happened.

Here is a link: Lesbian Couple File Lawsuit After Hawaiian Cop Arrested Them for Kissing

With a nice little subtitle of

The lawsuit states that the officer was motivated by his hostility towards gay people.

Here is the video that was included with the news story:

I knew this was a LGBT victim propaganda piece as it was far too unbelievable that two women would be harassed, assaulted, and arrested for a kiss by a homophobic cop.

An astute eye could read between the lines and see that this wasn't actual news but a propaganda piece. They reported only one side of the story and we only were told about how these women were helpless victims who did nothing wrong except hold hands and kiss.

I've seen these victim LGTB propaganda 'news' stories over and over. Even here on ATS a person describes how a LGTB propaganda story has affected him.

While the cop isn't a model example of an officer, he wasn't what the media portrayed him as and the events that happened were far less innocent than what the media reported.

Another news article came out around the same time as the AP article but was nearly impossible to find as the propaganda piece saturated the news. The following article is how news should be reported, unbiased and both sides of a story along with an eyewitness.

The innocent 'kiss and hold hands' was more of a full make out session of feeling each other up, grabbing each others asses and lifting each others shirts. The cop and the eyewitness(es) were both appalled and the cop considered it a 'lewd act' which can be a misdemeanor depending on jurisdiction.

And the cop wasn't the only one throwing punches. The propaganda piece conveniently left out the women's account of punching the officer in the face and breaking his glasses, which he in turn punched her.

This happens after one of the women tells the cop to 'f*** off' after he confronted them multiple times on the lewd acts.

Different Accounts Emerge of Arrests Involving Lesbian Couple

There is also a well rounded video in this link that reports the actual news and not the propaganda. I can't embed it as it isn't on youtube.

The eyewitness said she doesn't believe Harrison was discriminating against the couple, but intervening because they were being inappropriate.

"There was French kissing. Their shorts were really short. They were grabbing bottoms and lifting shirts," she said.

She said she was appalled by what she saw in the aisles of the grocery store.

In court testimony, Harrison said he saw the women from 30 feet away. "I noticed the two defendants were in an embrace with one another. Inappropriately all over each other in a long, heated kiss in the back of the store," he said. "After I told them to stop I walked toward them because they wouldn't stop. In my opinion it was lewd conduct in what they were doing. I wouldn't want my children to see that."

Harrison testified that he approached the couple again at the register, telling them that the store was going to have them warned for trespassing.

The witness backs up those claims: "He was asking them to go. You're drawing to much attention, you're causing a scene just leave the store and they chose not to do that," she said.

Wilson called 911 to report the officer for harassment.

"The officer told me to step into another line. I was on the phone with 911 and that's when she told the officer f... you," Wilson said.

Harrison acknowledged the moment: "I said excuse me. She repeated f*** off. I told her you don't talk to a policeman like that."

The witness said she didn't know that a call to 911 had been made, but saw the officer try to take something out of Wilson's hand.

That's when the scuffle broke out, she said.

"I can't remember if it was an open hand or a punch but she got him right in the face," the witness said.

Wilson described the encounter this way: "He was choking her out like this with his hand backwards. I came over and I tried to shove him off of her. He was a big man. He's not moving. The officer did get hit. I broke his sunglasses. He did get hit in the face. That's when I got hit in the face."

These propaganda news stories undermine people that are actual victims and betray the public. It amazes me that people take stories like this at face value. I suppose many of them don't want to find the truth as the propaganda fits their agenda and crying 'victim' garners more support for it.

Ghost

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
IF this story is true then the LEO acted appropriately because I believe he would have done the same thing regardless of the sexual orientation of the couple. It's frustrating when we don't get the real story because it means we are less likely to believe when there is actual discrimination happening. I hope this gets sorted out and the truth comes forward. We need to decide cases on the law and not on political correctness.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't think the cop acted appropriately in how the physical altercation happened. From my understanding he grabbed her arm which started the confrontation.

I can't say I blame him as they were provoking him, but legally he was in the wrong.

But, it's obvious that he wasn't discriminating and the women were a public nuisance. I'm sure he would have done the same thing to a hetero couple that were acting like that in a public place.

If it had been a hetero couple, you can be sure that it wouldn't have made national news.

Ghost

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I remember that thread. I was wondering at the time if they had violated any lewd conduct laws.
The original was definitely one sided.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I thought the original story was fishy...

I wonder how many other stores this couple made out in prior to the incident. It would be interesting to see if they were spotted getting hot and heavy anywhere else, publicly.

I think I read they were on vacation. When we go on vacation, me and the hubs don't have a full on make out and grope session in the local grocers, or anywhere. People should have some sense and keep that kind of action private.

I bet they did this on purpose, found a cop to take the bait and now are thinking they'll get rich because their rights were violated. Total BS.

edit on 3-11-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Personally I think its pretty pathetic that one OP had like 20 pages of nonsensical bull# responses within moments about some mean ol' white bigot abusing some lesbians, while another that offers a little more perspective has less than one page.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Well this thread is new and it's late. So we'll wait and see. Just sayin.

To the OP, there's always two sides to a story. Of course the media would be biased.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't really have an opinion about whether or not they were being lewd but that's really secondary to the actions of the officer. Even if this anonymous alleged eyewitness is on the up and up, it sounds like Ms. Wilson told him to f off and he decided to rip the phone from her hands as she was calling 911 to complain that she was being harassed.

From your source:

Wilson called 911 to report the officer for harassment.

"The officer told me to step into another line. I was on the phone with 911 and that's when she told the officer f... you," Wilson said.

Harrison acknowledged the moment: "I said excuse me. She repeated f*** off. I told her you don't talk to a policeman like that."

The witness said she didn't know that a call to 911 had been made, but saw the officer try to take something out of Wilson's hand.

Also this:

Defense attorneys say the case was dropped by prosecutors after the Foodland surveillance videos disappeared and they made a motion that would force the officer back under oath.

The surveillance videos "disappeared" (lost evidence, in police custody? SAY IT AIN'T SO) and the cases against the women were dismissed with prejudice? Seems pretty damn sketchy to me. Sounds like the surveillance video wasn't going to benefit the prosecution because it confirmed the women's accounts and so they lost it.

The media is more likely to give the victim the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't mean the women are lying either which is your clear implication here:

I knew this was a LGBT victim propaganda piece as it was far too unbelievable that two women would be harassed, assaulted, and arrested for a kiss by a homophobic cop.

Though then you go on to make this somewhat contradictory statement:

I don't think the cop acted appropriately in how the physical altercation happened. From my understanding he grabbed her arm which started the confrontation.

I can't say I blame him as they were provoking him, but legally he was in the wrong.

So you acknowledge that he acted inappropriately in the confrontation but you find it hard to believe that he was motivated by the fact the the PDA was between two women? Why?
edit on 2015-11-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So, you're choosing to believe this side of the story.

And you are choosing to believe the women are opportunists.

I choose to wait for the facts.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
wow how dare
these women express affection for each other
french kissing is the worst thing
this is why we have police
i only hope he punched her hard enough
that everyone around will think twice
before deciding to wear shorts

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I thought the original story was fishy...

You meant to say that didn't you .

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So, you're choosing to believe this side of the story.

And you are choosing to believe the women are opportunists.

I choose to wait for the facts.

This story reports both sides and has an eyewitness, and is a local news station. Perhaps that doesn't fit your need for 'facts'.

I believe these women are self entitled people with a victim mentality and they are too blind to see past their own faults in their actions and can't take responsibility and would rather falsely accuse a cop of being a homophobic than admit their wrongs. They have no honor, so why wouldn't they sue and try to gain finacially? Opportunists, sure, that's one of the labels you could apply. I could think of others, but I'm too polite.

Ghost

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you acknowledge that he acted inappropriately in the confrontation but you find it hard to believe that he was motivated by the fact the the PDA was between two women? Why?

Why? Because there is ZERO evidence that shows he was motivated to confront them based on discrimination, only hypersensitive speculation concludes the contrary.

Ghost

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wow how dare

Oh dear god stop with the hyperbole.

There's a time and place for lifting skirts that may or may not have contained a naked lady part. The grocery store is not it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

While the cop isn't a model example of an officer, he wasn't what the media portrayed him as and the events that happened were far less innocent than what the media reported.

..and yet what you're basing that on is something portrayed by the media. You see the conundrum here I hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wow how dare

Oh dear god stop with the hyperbole.

There's a time and place for lifting skirts that may or may not have contained a naked lady part. The grocery store is not it.

Well, we don't know for sure that they were lifting shirts - the surveillance videos in the store would tell us, but the surveillance videos are missing. We can't blame the girls for that because they never had access to the videos. Who did have access to these videos? The police. Suspicious? Yep.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join