It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lesbian Couple Arrested for Kissing" - What the Mainstream Didn't Report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Do you feel compelled to disagree with me about everything for some reason? I mean, I was truly impressed with your ability to turn my comments on women not feeling poorly about themselves into something that was an affront to you on a personal level somehow, but your shtick is getting old.

I was stationed there and have visited several times. Though I'm sure you'll manage to disagree with that somehow.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Do you live there? How do you know Hawaii is gay friendly?

I visit the islands often enough. I have throughout my life. I just got back from a trip to Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island. It probably depends on the island but I would say they are not as gay-friendly as that person makes it out to be.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The worst thing one can assume is that bigotry doesn't exist in supposedly bastions of anti-bigotry cities. That doesn't mean we should just automatically assume that every instance involving homosexuals is an example of bigotry, but by no means should we just assume that it doesn't exist. Not that I'm accusing you of this or anything. Just something to keep in mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Absolutely! And by no means, no matter how others choose to incorrectly interpret what I said, am I advancing the notion that there are people lined up at the airports with signs proclaiming "Hawaii loves gays!" or something. I have no doubt you can find "-aphobes" just about anywhere. But my personal experience was that it wasn't some bastion of anti-gay hate.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't think the cop acted appropriately in how the physical altercation happened. From my understanding he grabbed her arm which started the confrontation.

I can't say I blame him as they were provoking him, but legally he was in the wrong.

But, it's obvious that he wasn't discriminating and the women were a public nuisance. I'm sure he would have done the same thing to a hetero couple that were acting like that in a public place.

If it had been a hetero couple, you can be sure that it wouldn't have made national news.

Ghost

The establishment made a complaint of trespassing. How else would the officer remove them?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I don't think the cop acted appropriately in how the physical altercation happened. From my understanding he grabbed her arm which started the confrontation.

I agree his actions were inappropriate.

I can't say I blame him as they were provoking him,

That's irrelevant, an officer's duty is to spot people who they believe maybe breaking the law or policies and to do so in a civil,professional manner. IDC if this young women had made fun of his mom and provoked him up down the street. Any use of force in this situation was unwarranted. That isn't to say her hostility was justified, I would say her acts were also unnecessary as they only escalated the situation. It wouldn't surprise me if that was her intention from the get go.

But, it's obvious that he wasn't discriminating and the women were a public nuisance. I'm sure he would have done the same thing to a hetero couple that were acting like that in a public place.

It may not have been explicit discrimination on the cops part, more of an implicit personal bias against their lesbian PDA. Had this been a heterosexual couple doing the exact same thing, I guarantee you the officer in question would have handled this quite differently.

edit on 4-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Do you feel compelled to disagree with me about everything for some reason? I mean, I was truly impressed with your ability to turn my comments on women not feeling poorly about themselves into something that was an affront to you on a personal level somehow, but your shtick is getting old.

I was stationed there and have visited several times. Though I'm sure you'll manage to disagree with that somehow.

That is your response to a simple question and my comment that Hawaii's politics has not been particularly gay friendly?

My post: Do you live there? How do you know Hawaii is gay friendly? Doesn't seem that way to me following their politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Do you live there? How do you know Hawaii is gay friendly?

I visit the islands often enough. I have throughout my life. I just got back from a trip to Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island. It probably depends on the island but I would say they are not as gay-friendly as that person makes it out to be.

Thank you.

I've been following gay equality for about 20 years and Hawaii's conservative anti-gay politics surprised me. It's just not what I expected.

Reminds me of Florida. Some areas are a "gay haven", but politically the state is not.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Awww poor little things;

I HOPE THEY ARE OKAY

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I've been following gay equality for about 20 years and Hawaii's conservative anti-gay politics surprised me. It's just not what I expected.

Out of curiosity, did you not suspect it because Hawaii is dominated by the Democrat party?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Out of curiosity, did you not suspect it because Hawaii is dominated by the Democrat party?

I am not a Democrat. Never have been, never will be. Never took notice of parties, only actions.

"That which is not earned has no value".

More like my own social illusion/delusion. Kinda like how some like to envision Native American culture ---- which unfortunately is being desecrated by the infiltration of Christianity.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Thank you for telling me what my response to your questions was. Since I wrote it, I didn't need that, but the effort is appreciated.

I answered your questions. Directly. And asked some of my own. Admittedly, I don't and didn't pay much attention to their political dealings. Since my experiences in Hawaii are personal, I can't give you web addresses to support my personal experience.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Thank you for telling me what my response to your questions was. Since I wrote it, I didn't need that, but the effort is appreciated.

I answered your questions. Directly. And asked some of my own. Admittedly, I don't and didn't pay much attention to their political dealings. Since my experiences in Hawaii are personal, I can't give you web addresses to support my personal experience.

Oh well.

If you're looking for someone to play: "TIT TAT" with ---- I'm not it.

I state my opinion/comment ---- then let go of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Kinda like how some like to envision Native American culture ---- which unfortunately is being desecrated by the infiltration of Christianity.

Yes! So much Yes to all of this!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And yet here we are, on the heels of that other oh-so-wonderful thread.

Curiouser and curiouser

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am not a Democrat. Never have been, never will be. Never took notice of parties, only actions.

I fully respect that. I just figured that the Democrat party and conservative politics were diametrically opposed.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I fully respect that. I just figured that the Democrat party and conservative politics were diametrically opposed.

Can depend on geographic location.

Like Dixie Democrats and California Republicans.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Would you argue the Democrats in Hawaii are conservative? I ask because I have no clue.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Republicans are only opposed to Democractic policies when they have the name "Democrat" stamped on them. Without that, Republicans are more than happy to push the same measures just as easily as the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Would you argue the Democrats in Hawaii are conservative? I ask because I have no clue.

I don't know.

There seems to be a heavy fundamental Christian presence.

A Democrat who is also fundamental Christian would probsbly have a strong anti-gay belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join