It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Now, I understand that it would be just as difficult for this individual to fit in at a women's prison, if they do indeed still possess male genital equipment

I really doubt the women would be so freaky about it as the men will be.

Wanna bet? They are worse than the men. If s/he isn't put in Seg or PC(still a problem) the next 3 months are going to be hell no matter which GP s/he's put in.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yep.

She's in for a long tough slog. I would imagine that she'll be in PC (protective custody) for her entire sentence. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Now, I understand that it would be just as difficult for this individual to fit in at a women's prison, if they do indeed still possess male genital equipment

I really doubt the women would be so freaky about it as the men will be.

Wanna bet? They are worse than the men. If s/he isn't put in Seg or PC(still a problem) the next 3 months are going to be hell no matter which GP s/he's put in.
Oh, so you know much about conditions at HM Prison Eastwood Park then?
Where did you learn this may I ask?

*Edit*
Oh, and in the UK if you behave as a prisoner your release date is usually much sooner.
I imagine she will be out in 6 or 7 weeks.
edit on 30.10.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

May I ask why you are always a contentious individual? It's not becoming. I've work in Corrections for almost 15 years. Does that mean I know about every correctional institution? No. Does that mean I have a good grasp on the industry...yes.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Kind of ironic how 'concerned' people are about putting a woman into a men's prison.

Perfectly happy putting a man into a women's prison though. Yup, that's gonna go over just grand.

Little Tara started her transgender journey (per her own claim) at adult hood. That already puts her in the top 2% for muscle mass, strength, and aggression in the female prison population (all the lovely traits she developed pre-adulthood). Those traits, even with the most stringent of hormone therapies, will take decades to reverse. Couple that with her already aggressive and violent behavior...lol. Yup...she will be safe in the women's prison, unfortunately, non of the women there will be.

The only safe place for transgender criminals will be in a separate facility, or in solitary. They will always be the weakest in the men's prison, and the strongest in the women's prison. Well, until this type of transition involves DNA modifications.

The people I really pity in this are the guards. They get the fallout, no matter which way this goes.
edit on 30-10-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Couple that with her already aggressive and violent behavior...lol. Yup...she will be safe in the women's prison, unfortunately, non of the women there will be.

That is incorrect. They would tear him apart if they desired.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
She is clearly a badass enough to take care of herself.

She may have to shank someone though.
edit on 30-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The people I really pity in this are the guards. They get the fallout, no matter which way this goes.

Yes, they do. Their job is hard enough as it is, adding this to it...? That's why PC is the best viable solution at this time.

If she is put into general population there will be a fight/assualt...and guess who gets to clean up the mess.

FYI, most "guards" that I know, and I know quite a few from the local state prison, prefer the term Officer.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

May I ask why you are always a contentious individual? It's not becoming. I've work in Corrections for almost 15 years. Does that mean I know about every correctional institution? No. Does that mean I have a good grasp on the industry...yes.

Yeah, in Canada.
What is contentious about my respectful question exactly?
What experience/knowledge do you have about female prisons in the UK, fair question as far as I see it, I know a few ex-con females who have all told me they think she'll be treated better at HMP Eastwood Park than Bristol?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah, in Canada.
What is contentious about my respectful question exactly?
What experience/knowledge do you have about female prisons in the UK, fair question as far as I see it...

I am not the topic. My credentials are sound. If YOU don't care to accetp them, fine.

I know a few ex-con females who have all told me they think she'll be treated better at HMP Eastwood Park than Bristol?

Yes because hearsay is so much more factual than... um, facts?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That is incorrect. They would tear him apart if they desired.

I will take your word for it. My only experiences inside women's prisons was for construction purposes, so I only got to 'see', no interaction.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

One on dozens. Those aren't good odds, at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
FYI, most "guards" that I know, and I know quite a few from the local state prison, prefer the term Officer.

My apologies. See above for my experiences with prisons. The 'see' but don't interact policy included the Officers except for the Officer that was designated to us for the duration of our project. And, at that point it was more often their name used than title.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I am not the topic either so my question is valid when you first discussed the poster with this question:

May I ask why you are always a contentious individual?

So I ask again, in response to your original assertion that she will have a terrible 3 months in female prison, how can you make that assertion if you have no first hand experience of female prisons in the UK?
Just hearsay as well then, masquerading as fact?
edit on 30.10.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I am not the topic either so my question is valid when you first discussed the poster with this question:

So I ask again, in response to your original assertion that she will have a terrible 3 months in female prison, how can you make that assertion if you have no first hand experience of female prisons in the UK?

You called me out. I responded. BTW. Do you know what you're talking about. Bristol is a MEN'S prison. Maybe your female ex-con friends were putting you on. Or possible a fabrication.
edit on 30-10-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

BTW. Do you know what you're talking about. Bristol is a MEN'S prison. Maybe your female ex-con friends were putting you on. Or possible a fabrication.
Urm, perhaps read my post again, I thought it was perfectly clear:

I know a few ex-con females who have all told me they think she'll be treated better at HMP Eastwood Park than Bristol?
Eastwood Park is a female prison, Bristol (the male prison) was where she was originally sent to before the judge made a common sense decision today. I also know a few blokes who have been to Bristol so no, I'm not the one confused here.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
TG want to be treated as they view themselves right, or is there an asterisk in there or some fine print?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

BTW. Do you know what you're talking about. Bristol is a MEN'S prison. Maybe your female ex-con friends were putting you on. Or possible a fabrication.
Urm, perhaps read my post again, I thought it was perfectly clear:

Eastwood Park is a female prison, Bristol (the male prison) was where she was originally sent to before the judge made a common sense decision today. I also know a few blokes who have been to Bristol so no, I'm not the one confused here.

*Edit*
You still didn't share what knowledge/experience you have of UK female prisons to support your assertion which originally inspired our respectful conversation?

...oops, clicked quote instead of edit, apologies.
edit on 30.10.2015 by grainofsand because: explanation last sentence

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah, you're confused. How would they know what goes on in a men's prison? The closest they come to inside there is when they are visiting their boyfriends. See? Knowing the industry helps.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I will be happy to move on to your question if you would be so kind to share the knowledge and experience you have about female prisons in the UK to support your original assertion which inspired our respectful conversation.

If you do not wish to then I shall assume it is equally hearsay and I'll leave you to it in an effort to refrain from going any further off-topic.
You may well be the expert in Canadian prisons but you made an assertion about UK female prisons and I'm asking you what you base that on specifically to UK prisons?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join