It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Agreed. She will be MUCH more likely to be abused repeatedly in a men's prison.

So will any white guy under 6 ft. tall and 200 lbs. Should we have a special prison for them as well?
Why do you care? You are clearly from the US as you are using ft and lbs, this case is from the UK and a judge has set legal precedent with this most sensible decision.
None of this affects any bigoted outlooks in the US, you can continue throwing your trans folk to the wolves as much as you like.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The only "defense" against allowing trans* folks the same rights as everyone else is that they may cause harm to others. (i.e. a biological male may gain access to facilities assigned or limited to females by "pretending" to be trans*).

This has got to me the most ludicrous and fallacious justification for unlawful discrimination EVER.

If a man means to do harm to females by invading bathrooms or dressing rooms or anything else, he's going to do so.

"Wearing a dress" is not going to fool anyone.

In the case of the person we're discussing here, the fact that some of you advocated for her inclusion in an all male prison because she has a penis is just blatantly cruel. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" is the ultimate cry of the statists that so many here claim to be opposed to ...

... opposed to for anyone that conforms to your social norms. Anyone else, $%&# 'em.

In this case, probably literally and violently.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed.
Both this and my original thread about this case kind of shocked me with how many folk on ATS seemed to relish the idea of the prisoner getting a hard time in a male prison.

I have learned much about other members from the two threads. Intolerance and bigotry is strong here.
I am pleased that a UK judge has made a common sense decision, and It gives me more faith in our judiciary here.
I also find some minor amusement at the thought of the bigots rocking in their chairs with crazed eyes all angry and raging that the girl in this case is not now in a male prison lol

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The only possible rationalization is that some here are simply blissfully ignorant of the at times brutal, er, realities of prison life.

... but I don't think that's true for a lot of these folks; I think they know the dangers for this lady ... and they're perfectly fine with that likely outcome.

Some days even my old jaded heart breaks a little at our native inhumanity.
edit on 10Sat, 31 Oct 2015 10:51:40 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Oh some here, and in my thread, were absolutely drooling at the thought that 'the law' made a decision which resulted in her having a much more difficult time of it in a male prison.

Now, after being heard in a Crown court which overrules the lowly Magistrates court, 'the law' has decided the most sensible gender appropriate prison, and I wonder if the bigots who used 'the law' to support their arguments have changed their opinion now that 'the law' has adapted and legal precedent has been established?

...I imagine they will just now be shouting "The law is an ass!" instead, while rocking wildly in their chairs with crazed and angry eyes lol

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Why do you care? You are clearly from the US as you are using ft and lbs, this case is from the UK and a judge has set legal precedent with this most sensible decision.

I was addressing an American who agrees with the judge's decision... no need for the international snobbery.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I was addressing an American who agrees with the judge's decision... no need for the international snobbery.
I'm happy to openly support, even celebrate the decision of the judge in this case, and if you feel it makes your judiciary seem inferior to the UK's then you would probably be correct, certainly if your system would send this girl to a male prison:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What a conundrum for all concerned. This person is neither male nor female.

Even though he went through part of the process to transition from male to female, he still has a penis and XX chromosomes, physical mass, and aggressive tendencies. On the other hand, he has breasts from either hormone treatments or implants (not sure), thinks of himself as a woman, adorns himself like a woman, and calls himself a woman.

The court has an obligation to apply what the law says. With the whole world going upside down and topsy turvy with these kinds of oddities, the law needs to figure it out.

The taxpayers will probably end up having to build, maintain, and secure a special kind of unit for them. That is the only solution I can fathom.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The taxpayers will probably end up having to build, maintain, and secure a special kind of unit for them. That is the only solution I can fathom.

Why? Why is that the only solution?

How do you know that she is "more aggressive" or what her "physical mass" is?

Are you saying that her individual identity is to be totally ignored in the judgement?

Should we assign prisons based on weight-class? Aggressiveness?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I think I'll go get some breast implants and start dealing drugs.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Perhaps poetic justice will send you to the same hell you'd like to send this lady to, when you get caught.

I hope not, but sometimes, karma is an actual factor.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The court has an obligation to apply what the law says.
Depends on the court, lowly Magistrate courts make seemingly stupid decisions as they are constrained by legislation, but the higher Crown court judges can set precedent and make changes as in this case.

'The law' in the UK has actually 'figured it out' in this case, and made the most sensible decision as far as I see things.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ah but it wouldn't work for you because you are in the US.
Remember this is a UK judge directing the prisoner to a female prison so changes nothing in your country.
You'd be thrown to the wolves of a male prison still, so don't worry, your system is unaffected by this legal decision in the UK.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Don't worry - if it was a Christian person who had committed some violent law-breaking act and was sent to a prison of mostly extremist Muslim terrorists - they would be screaming how unfair it was, no matter what the Christian had done.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Perhaps poetic justice will send you to the same hell you'd like to send this lady to, when you get caught.

Prison is supposed to be hell. That's why I'm not a criminal.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hebrews 13:3
New International Version (NIV)

3 Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Don't worry - if it was a Christian person who had committed some violent law-breaking act and was sent to a prison of mostly extremist Muslim terrorists - they would be screaming how unfair it was, no matter what the Christian had done.
Good analogy, you could be bang on the money there

I have learned much about some members in both threads about this case.

Still it's funny that those who used 'the law' as justification for wanting the girl to serve time in a male prison got the wind knocked out of their argument when 'the law' changed it's judgement at a higher court.
Lol at the bigots who used that argument, 'the law' decided that a female prison was most gender appropriate.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Maybe in the US, but the OP is UK based and prison here is supposed to be solely the loss of freedom.
Your slant on the situation is irrelevant in this thread because it is UK based and prison is not supposed to be 'hell' in the UK.
Unlucky if that troubles you.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

[
Still it's funny that those who used 'the law' as justification for wanting the girl to serve time in a male prison got the wind knocked out of their argument when 'the law' changed it's judgement at a higher court.
Lol at the bigots who used that argument, 'the law' decided that a female prison was most gender appropriate.

I'm sure you've often noticed that cries for justice often cover-up the most despicable personal prejudices.

The logic of opposing government overreach fails when one agrees with the government overreach.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh, it wouldn't even have to go that far ... I would wager that if a Christian were convicted of the same "crimes" this woman was ... it would only be due to someone, somewhere, abusing the Christian for their faith ... at least, according to the "Christians."

I'm glad, as grainofsand points out, that a higher authority set the matter to rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join