It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: sosobad
I would like to add that Tara has a history of violent behavior

The court heard a very drunk Hudson had headbutted Be At One Bar manager Christopher Dyer after she was refused any more alcohol. Mr Dyer needed £1,500 worth of dental surgery following the attack.

That was some headbutt to cause that much damage.

Hudson, who has eight previous convictions including offences for battery, had hoped her punishment would see her placed on an electronic tag and made to undergo an alcohol awareness course.

www.mirror.co.uk...

WAITTTTTTT a second.. I think i have seen this chick before. Back in 97 i think she was ordered by a judge banned from drinking or bars if i remember correctly. And yeah Soso she has a previous history but maybe her agression is a side effect of the hormones combined with drink. Remember mood swings can be violent. ALso who is to say the bar guy didnt bring it on himself? Prolly offered others free drinks to say he was the victim.

I doubt that it happened that he gave away free drinks away to people so they would back him up, the man had to have £1500 worth of dental repairs done. I agree that the male prison is not the place for her but the fact still has somewhat of a penis is the reason she is not being transferred and cannot get the paperwork. I have no compassion for Tara getting prison as she is a violent criminal but I do have compassion for the fact she is in a male prison. She will have to do her time either in solitary or protected custody unit. What would happen if she was in a womans prison and violently attacked another inmate? There would be hell to pay as she has not yet had the full transition to becoming a woman done.

Some on here are trying to use this as a podium to make a stand for transgenders, if Tara had not been a violent thug I would say yes but this is not the case, she is still legally a man. Let her do her time in solitary or PC unit, she shouldn't have headbutted that man for refusing her a drink. She is a vulnerable prisoner the prison knows this and will not put her in general population and hopefully let her reform her ways, I can't see that happening as has a past history of this. A thug is a thug no matter what gender they are.
edit on 30-10-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Some on here are trying to use this as a podium to make a stand for transgenders,

NO ONE is claiming that she shouldn't be in prison or shouldn't be punished for what she did. She should be.

GREAT NEWS!

She's Been Moved to an All-Female Prison

A transgender woman sentenced to 12 weeks in an all-male prison has reportedly been moved to an all-female facility.

Earlier this week it emerged that 26-year-old Tara Hudson, who has lived all her adult life as a woman and had six years of gender reconstruction surgery, was sentenced to serve her time in the male HMP Bristol because her passport says she is legally a man.
PinkNews now reports that Tara, a make-up artist, has been moved to Eastwood Park, a female prison.

edit on 10/30/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Some on here are trying to use this as a podium to make a stand for transgenders,

NO ONE is claiming that she shouldn't be in prison or shouldn't be punished for what she did. She should be.

She is a vulnerable prisoner the prison knows this and will not put her in general population

I really hope you're right.

With all the media coverage that this has received, you can guarantee that she will be protected at all times.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why do people care so much, get so upset, and get up in arms over someone choosing they aren't the gender they were born? Aren't people allowed to "own their own bodies" and make decisions for themselves?

Who are we to tell people what they are "allowed" to do with their bodies and what to think of themselves? Aren't the same folks who look disapprovingly at these people the very same ones always screaming about personal freedom, liberty, or whatever?

How does a man undergoing sexual reassignment impact my life, or lower my quality of life?

Answer: It doesn't.

Someone else's gender/identity doesn't impact me in anyway, shape, or form. It doesn't because I don't let myself worked up over something that has nothing to do with me.

When we start trying to impose our will, our moral beliefs, our ways of thinking on other people -- we are no better than the people we claim take away our own freedoms. If we want to have personal freedom ourselves, we must be willing to share that freedom with everyone, even if we don't "like" it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't get it, either.

It effects me not in the slightest in my day to day life. I would wager, in fact, that many of us, if we live in a city of any size beyond a few hundred, have walked right by a transgender and not even noticed.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I don't get it. Why do people care so much, get so upset, and get up in arms over someone choosing they aren't the gender they were born? Aren't people allowed to "own their own bodies" and make decisions for themselves?

Who are we to tell people what they are "allowed" to do with their bodies and what to think of themselves? Aren't the same folks who look disapprovingly at these people the very same ones always screaming about personal freedom, liberty, or whatever?

How does a man undergoing sexual reassignment impact my life, or lower my quality of life?

Someone else's gender/identity doesn't impact me in anyway, shape, or form. It doesn't because I don't let myself worked up over something that has nothing to do with me.

When we start trying to impose our will, our moral beliefs, our ways of thinking on other people -- we are no better than the people we claim take away our own freedoms. If we want to have personal freedom ourselves, we must be willing to share that freedom with everyone, even if we don't "like" it.

In my heart of hearts, I just know I am spider man. Please refer to me from this point forward as "Peter Parker". I was destined for greatness, to have super spidey powers, to cling to walls and spin webs and save the world from villains. I patiently await a surgical procedure to enable me to be my true self.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good... I thought it must have been some sort of mistake.
Glad it's been sorted.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
In my heart of hearts, I just know I am spider man. Please refer to me from this point forward as "Peter Parker".

Hey, Peter, good for you! See? It doesn't affect me AT ALL. So, how's it going? Spidey senses tingling?

Tara Hudson Moved to Female Prison

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

In my heart of hearts, I just know I am spider man. Please refer to me from this point forward as "Peter Parker". I was destined for greatness, to have super spidey powers, to cling to walls and spin webs and save the world from villains. I patiently await a surgical procedure to enable me to be my true self.
Hi Peter parker. go try to cling to walls and spin webs

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

OK, be glad to, Peter. May I call you Peter?

Again, how does your being Spider Man effect me in any shape, fashion, or form? Sad to say, it doesn't.

I have no problems calling people, or treating them, as they wish to be treated.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
She has been moved to a Female prison

A transgender woman sent to a men's prison has been transferred to a female jail after a campaign to get her moved.
Tara Hudson, 26, from Bath, was jailed for 12 weeks and placed at the all-male HMP Bristol after admitting assault.
The BBC understands she has now been taken to HM Prison Eastwood Park in South Gloucestershire.
Earlier, she lost an appeal against her sentence, but a judge asked for consideration to be made about where she serves her sentence.
More than 140,000 people signed petitions calling for Hudson to be moved, with supporters claiming she had been placed in danger of sexual violence.
She has had reconstructive surgery and lived as a woman all her adult life but is still legally a man.

BBC

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Sure, you want to be called spider-man, whatever. What's in a name? Who cares if you think you're spider man? As long as you don't violate my freedoms or break any laws -- I could care less if you walk around in a spider-man costume.

I also could care less that my neighbor is insanely religious and believes in things I think are delusional and silly. She's happy with it, ignores me and we both live in peace.

Let me know how the surgery turns out, I'm curious how they're going to do the web shooters. If you don't mind, may I ask what you do for a living? I would imagine that a spider-man surgery would be extremely expensive indeed!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Let me know how the surgery turns out, I'm curious how they're going to do the web shooters.

Pics or it didn't happen.

People are FAR too far up other people's asses, IMO. Whatever happened to "live and let live"? Why is everyone SO concerned about personal behavior of other people? It's mind-boggling to me! I've got enough to deal with in MY life. Other people's lives are theirs.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

GREAT NEWS!

She's Been Moved to an All-Female Prison

A transgender woman sentenced to 12 weeks in an all-male prison has reportedly been moved to an all-female facility.

Earlier this week it emerged that 26-year-old Tara Hudson, who has lived all her adult life as a woman and had six years of gender reconstruction surgery, was sentenced to serve her time in the male HMP Bristol because her passport says she is legally a man.
PinkNews now reports that Tara, a make-up artist, has been moved to Eastwood Park, a female prison.

Excellent news, and from the request of a Judge, not a Magistrate from the lower courts which tried the assault case.

I've said enough about it in the thread I started when the original decision was made to send her to a male prison, I would just be repeating myself here.
It is an interesting discussion though, and tells much about other members of ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That, my friend, is the whole of the matter.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And what I find ironic is that those who seem to have the biggest problem with transgender people, are the very ones who are afraid of their own rights being trampled/taken away.

It's OK to deny someone the right to own their own body and think/feel how they want, as long as you don't like it.

That is the height of human arrogance and hypocrisy.
edit on 30-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

...and many of them don't even see it. Or won't.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Haha! Not so quick to be defeatist. Now she gonna go with all the other jail birds, lol. I signed the petition and so did loads of others to get her transferred. Yep, it is a gamble, but it seems in this case the girl is a feisty girl to be true. Don't go assuming that because she did an aggressive thing it makes her manly. No sir, my ex put scars on my body with her craziness. Damn, I just hope Tara realises that the world cares about her and it helps her reform and control that anger that is harming her own life at the end of the day. So, naughty Tara, do your time and be a good lady in future.

Now, another point, I want to transform. I don't want to be known as Revolution9 "Achmed The Dead Terrorist" any more. What can I transform into?..hmmmm(wrinkles brown in contemplation)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hate to interrupt this little circle jerk of political correctness but the ones spouting off about how bad others are hypocrites. They would rather everyone thought the way they do themselves even if they don't like it. Like mysticmushroom said

It's OK to deny someone the right to own their own body and think/feel how they want, as long as you don't like it.

For the record I support Taras or anyone's right to be anything they want to be (emphasis added before anyone accused me of something) but I am not going to go on and try and call other people's opinion ignorant just because I don't agree with it. If people don't like it they are fully entitled to their opinion just like the supporters of transgenders are.

Or as benevolent said

People are FAR too far up other people's asses, IMO.

edit on 30-10-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

AMEN! Preach it brother! Hallelujah!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. That was a damn good sermon.

I think one of the reasons is jealousy. I'm serious. That Trans may get some perceived special treatment I don't get. The other reason is, like it or not, we still live in a bigoted society, and it's going to take a while for us to grow out of that. It's cases like these that are going to encourage that gradual change.

Almost forgot the 3rd reason. It's a conspiracy!!!
edit on 10/30/2015 by Klassified because: punct

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join