It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow
Where ever they put her, she needs to be isolated from the rest of the inmates. Yes, she broke the law, and I'm sure no one on ATS has EVER gotten angry, and did something they wish later they hadn't done. That's no excuse to put her somewhere you KNOW she will be repeatedly assaulted, and badly injured or killed. But then, he's only a faggot, why do we care. Right? /sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is one of those situations where biology is no where near as relevant to the topic as psychology. For all that this woman may share characteristics with a male of the species in terms of their hormones and their genitalia, the fact remains that in terms of their psychology, and indeed their outward appearance, they are female, and represent themselves as such.

Now, I understand that it would be just as difficult for this individual to fit in at a women's prison, if they do indeed still possess male genital equipment, I also believe that the solution which has been found here is not appropriate to the situation at hand, and opens the individual concerned up to unreasonable levels of unwanted attention from other inmates, attention which will, in all probability, result in a considerable threat to their life, and their right to decide in matters of who is allowed to access them for the purpose of performing some sort of intercourse.

To be clear, there is virtually no way that I can see, that this individual will be able to live in that prison, without being sexually assaulted, repeatedly. That is not an acceptable situation to find oneself in, no matter what ones crime may have been. A better solution must be found.

Hell, I can agree with that too. I guess I'm just more on the fence with it. What throws it all off for me is that she transformed into a man, most likely due to being attracted to women or inside already felt like a man. Plus, the transgendered hormones are changed to reflect more towards the gender they choose I believe. How would that be fair to all the women in the all women prison?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I agree with ya.
Perhaps it will be a wake up call for him. I KNOW that he is very scared where he is right now.
Maybe he will think twice before assaulting someone when he gets out.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Now, I understand that it would be just as difficult for this individual to fit in at a women's prison, if they do indeed still possess male genital equipment

I really doubt the women would be so freaky about it as the men will be. To generalize for a moment, women usually have very few issues with transgender women and gay men. They are so much like us, that we get along. On the other hand, men are going to HATE her, and be curious about her. And she's going to be a woman in a men's prison, regardless that her parts are on the outside instead of the inside.

My opinion is that I don't care what she has dangling. She's a woman. And it's beyond cruel and unusual to house her with a bunch of criminal men, who will take advantage of her.

To be clear, there is virtually no way that I can see, that this individual will be able to live in that prison, without being sexually assaulted, repeatedly. That is not an acceptable situation to find oneself in, no matter what ones crime may have been. A better solution must be found.

Agreed. She will be MUCH more likely to be abused repeatedly in a men's prison.

The lack of humanity in people who make jokes about this makes me ill.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
I would like to add that Tara has a history of violent behavior

The court heard a very drunk Hudson had headbutted Be At One Bar manager Christopher Dyer after she was refused any more alcohol. Mr Dyer needed £1,500 worth of dental surgery following the attack.

That was some headbutt to cause that much damage.

Hudson, who has eight previous convictions including offences for battery, had hoped her punishment would see her placed on an electronic tag and made to undergo an alcohol awareness course.

www.mirror.co.uk...

WAITTTTTTT a second.. I think i have seen this chick before. Back in 97 i think she was ordered by a judge banned from drinking or bars if i remember correctly. And yeah Soso she has a previous history but maybe her agression is a side effect of the hormones combined with drink. Remember mood swings can be violent. ALso who is to say the bar guy didnt bring it on himself? Prolly offered others free drinks to say he was the victim.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Reminds me of the case how that transgender male playing dress up as a female, is in the MMA.
Dude is going around beating the crap out of woman legally and geting paid for it.

Lets not forget about the boy dressing as a girl in Illinois that wants to use the girls locker room.
To be fair, and to not be hypocritical, if they want/claim that they are the gender the claim then treat them as such.
If they change their mind because they dont like a situation thats a load of crap. This guy will be not much different in prison than a small weak inmate, they will both be assaulted.
Equality can be tough, but fairs fair.
edit on 30-10-2015 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

Reminds me of the case how that transgender male playing dress up as a female, is in the MMA.
Dude is going around beating the crap out of woman legally and geting paid for it.

Lets not forget about the boy dressing as a girl in Illinois that wants to use the girls locker room.
To be fair, and to not be hypocritical, if they want/claim that they are the gender the claim then treat them as such.
If they change their mind because they dont like a situation thats a load of crap. This guy will be not much different in prison than a small weak inmate, they will both be assaulted.

Actually RAPE of anyone isnt fair. Prisoners should not even be allowwed to interact with each other in my opinion. they should each get a few minutes every day out their cells. 5 mins to grab food and take it back to their individual cell. put a shower in each cell. small one. and a little tv in the corner/video cam. This would reduce prisoner on prisoner crimes alot.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

from the BBC news page:

Hudson has had reconstructive surgery and lived as a woman all her adult life but is still legally a man.
Last Friday, the make-up artist was jailed after she admitted headbutting a barman in Bath, causing damage to his teeth.
She has eight previous convictions including offences for battery and had hoped her punishment would be less severe.
But magistrates said the assault, which came three weeks after Hudson had been given a conditional discharge, was so serious that only custody could be justified.

So no she should not be in a male jail due to paperwork errors (buts that the judiciary for you) but I think she should definitely be in jail.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: coop039

Actually RAPE of anyone isnt fair. Prisoners should not even be allowwed to interact with each other in my opinion. they should each get a few minutes every day out their cells. 5 mins to grab food and take it back to their individual cell. put a shower in each cell. small one. and a little tv in the corner/video cam. This would reduce prisoner on prisoner crimes alot.

I didnt say rape was fair.
But I do agree with you on the inmate treatment.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

SHE SHOULD NOT BE IN A MALE PRISON..

If she isn't moved promptly- the best option would be commiting suicide

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Putting this person

In a male prison is insanity.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
I would like to add that Tara has a history of violent behavior

The court heard a very drunk Hudson had headbutted Be At One Bar manager Christopher Dyer after she was refused any more alcohol. Mr Dyer needed £1,500 worth of dental surgery following the attack.

That was some headbutt to cause that much damage.

Hudson, who has eight previous convictions including offences for battery, had hoped her punishment would see her placed on an electronic tag and made to undergo an alcohol awareness course.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Well....she sure isn't acting like a lady. Male prison seems appropriate in this case.

He/she had to know that committing a crime meant prison time....I mean it's not Tara's first time....

Cry me a freaking river. Many more problems in the world than worrying about some idiot Transgenders prison woes.....maybe it's just what's needed in this case to keep it from happening again.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Where ever they put her, she needs to be isolated from the rest of the inmates. Yes, she broke the law, and I'm sure no one on ATS has EVER gotten angry, and did something they wish later they hadn't done. That's no excuse to put her somewhere you KNOW she will be repeatedly assaulted, and badly injured or killed. But then, he's only a faggot, why do we care. Right? /sarcasm.

I totally agree with you.. this is absolutely despicable..

And I cannot believe how many people here are making crass comments about her surgery, her identity, whether it's suitable, and serves her right for "committing a crime" in the first place..This is not something to mock or joke about, and it certainly is not something to blame her over, as so many people keep saying she receives the punishment she deserves;

Some of you ATS members make me sick..to the point of vomiting

edit on 30-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

She needs the gay community to mobilize and petition immediately..That's the only way to rescue her..
edit on 30-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well....she sure isn't acting like a lady. Male prison seems appropriate in this case.

So, everyone in the women's prison acts like ladies? Really?

Many more problems in the world than worrying about some idiot Transgenders prison woes.....

Yeah, one of the biggest problem is the death of compassion.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Very true. why give special circumstance to him.
Everyones always screamin for equality.
You want equality, well in my opinion equality was served.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I DO NOT buy into the whole transition gender "thing". He was born a male, he is a male .. end of story. Playing dress up does not change gender, having surgery does not change gender. You are born with very specific chromosomes that you cannot change.

Sorry if that offends some sensibilities, but this whole transition thing has been extremely offensive to me.

It's like "you have to say this" or "you have to say that" or I am now the new freak instead of the other way around.

edit on 30-10-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Take a DNA test and watch the results.

Man? Male prison.

Everything else would be insanity.

but hey, PC is a mental illness.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Due to all the attention she'll probably be put in ag-sec anyway, away from everyone else.

Few things:

1. She could have moved to a place where she could legally change gender on paper

2. Just because a law is a law doesn't mean it's just or goes with the times

And to those saying, "The judge is just following the law..." -- A lot of people have died because they just "followed the law" or "followed orders". 20 years ago this wouldn't have been a possibility the courts could have foreseen coming.

And to counterbalance that, she probably should have been living in an area where she could be considered a female under the law, I'm sure something like this happening ever occurred to her.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join