It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: Zhennn
a reply to: alienjuggalo

the cop could shoot the tires.

Or he could just run the plates and pick him up later?

And what if the guy was already wanted, ie having a warrant out for something more serious than pot? You act like its easy to just "pick up a criminal" at a later date/time.

If and buts and coconuts.

That is NOT a policemans job to make judgements like that regarding if and buts for LETHAL force.

Its black and white. Is he poiseing a threat threat of violence for the public? No? Then no lethal force!

In any civilized country lethal force is only used if a suspect is clearly posing a direct threat to the public .

But hey by your logic of allowing lethal force for what ifs ,maybe a policeman should just shoot you? I mean you could commit a crime oneday.

You may as well scrap the 5th and 6th Amendments. Who needs them when a cop is judge jury and executioner?

If the cop doesn't fire and the car speeds away creating a high speed chase, is that not a scenario that's posing a threat to the public?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

So failure to comply now justifies a death penalty? I mean why not, it did in East Berlin.
edit on 28-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hendrick99

originally posted by: jimmyx
...so for all you people out there, when a cop gets to the point where he draws his weapon on you, HE WANTS TO SHOOT YOU.

You are absolutely clueless.

I was trying to make a point to those that think this is a video game or a TV crime drama....people who have a gun pointed at them by an officer, should think this way. it might keep their ass from being planted 6 feet under.....I'm sorry that you don't like the way I put it, but, there are a lot of very stupid people out there. they need to get hit up beside the head with a mental 2x4 before they truly understand how serious police are, when they do take their weapon out and point it at you.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What ifs and maybes dont count. Stop it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Who said he has to create a high speed chase either?

Why can every other western country from Canada to Japan have a effective police force without leaving a trail of dead bodies?

Shouldn't lethal force be only used as the very very last resort?

Is not one of the pillars of western civilization "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" ?

Hard to be in a court of law if you come down with a case of being dead!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

well cops doing undercover operations should take that into consideration and have some marked cars hiding nearby to block off exits and start a chase if the suspect takes an alternate exit. maybe a helicopter or drone too, they love those.

what could have happened doesn't matter because we now have a dead 19 year old who probably paniced when he saw a man dressed like a skinhead holding a revolver at his head. he might have just been as paranoid as the pro cop people here or the cops themselves and thought he was getting robbed by a fake cop, you know, drug dealer problems.
edit on 28-10-2015 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Must have been too difficult to shoot the rear tyre or front tyre out....

Murder imo

Riouz

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
First question I have is why did the police officer come at him with his pistol drawn and ready to fire? Was this a known violent offender?

I probably would have tried to flee as well. The officer looked dangerous from the get go, hyped up on an adrenaline fueled ego trip. What a high ... he got to shoot a young man for no reason at all.

I also find it sick that people excuse this behavior.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

And what if the guy was already wanted, ie having a warrant out for something more serious than pot? You act like its easy to just "pick up a criminal" at a later date/time.

What if he had no criminal record?

I'm sure he was a choir boy, who's never done anything wrong...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

you guys keep justifying this by saying he was speeding away and going to lead them on a high speed chase and an innocent person (you know like the one who gets shot in the video) might get run over or hurt..

I say no way this guys leads them on a high speed chase over 2 grams of weed that his effing girlfriend was on the hook for.

You keep talking about the innocent bystanders, and seem to forget that this 19 year old kid was 1000% innocent and had no criminal record and was just eating his hamburger at Hardees when a guy pulls up screaming holding a gun.

You cant just shoot someone over some weed, and its truly sickening that some people on here support that..

c'mon, 5 officers attacked a guy in New York on the street, for selling individual cigarettes, he struggled, they choked him to death........at the time a person is confronted by an officer, you have to realize that you can be killed LEGALLY by the officer, if he feels in anyway that he, or others are threatened.....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Come on man, do you really believe the driver would speed away to just drive the speed limit? Of course it would develop into a high speed chase, which would have put anyone in that general area on the road/sidewalks/etc in danger...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There are laws in place in every state that protect police from charges when arresting someone.

They need to be looked back over and reworked. There is no much flex to what they can do and the rules they must follow. At the current level they pretty much grant full immunity to any crime they might commit while trying to arrest someone. Most of the time this only applies to warrant with a felony charge or if they see someone commit a felony, lesser crimes this does not apply.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

So failure to comply now justifies a death penalty? I mean why not, it did in East Berlin.

yes, it's been happening for along time.......I don't know why people think the opposite?.....this isn't some cop drama on TV.....comply or you might be killed...it's real simple.....now, if people want to take that chance, don't be surprised when it ends badly

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You come on..police here don't engage pursuits for dime bags, get f'n real.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Come on man, do you really believe the driver would speed away to just drive the speed limit? Of course it would develop into a high speed chase, which would have put anyone in that general area on the road/sidewalks/etc in danger...

cmon man do you really think the driver would have kept going once he realized wtf he was doing? It was 20$ worth of weed that his GF was the one who was going to be arrested. 20$ worth. Diversion at worst for a 1st offence.

He just panicked and flight kicked in. Again he was an innocent bystander.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What if he had no criminal record?

I'm sure he was a choir boy, who's never done anything wrong...

NOT the issue or the point mate.

There's absolutely no shame in admitting when you are wrong about something. And you are definitely wrong in defending this particular cop on this particular occasion.

Cops do a good job generally, i certainly would not relish a world without them..but when they do wrong or do bad or make terrible mistakes, you're actually doing the entire Police force a very large disservice by defending the actions of bad cops.

It's the quality of the Man or Woman wearing the uniform that counts, not the uniform itself.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Again every other country in the west will deal with that situation without a trail of body's.

In the UK over something aa small and insignificant as pot they would just let the kid go, then later that day or the next come round his house and pick him up there.

For a more serious crime they again would let him go then send trained interceptors out to block nearby road junctions and catch him safely there, with a helicopter to monitor him.

edit on 28-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

What, you mean a measured, common sense approach to Policing?

In America?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

What, you mean a measured, common sense approach to Policing?

In America?

Ha it does exist!

To be fair I have meet some good cops in the states in San Francisco . I also meet a bad one in new york.

I think you just need to rethink your training and recruitment practices.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, apparently I'm in the heavy minority with my stance towards this video, so I suppose I should look at it more critically and from the "other" perspective..

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join