It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

If you some on is standing where the cop was standing, behind the front wheel, it would be pretty hard.

Look at the second frame, the car isn't cutting in, he is going around the cop.

The car has 4 wheels genius. Even if the front wheels missed him, if he continued turning, he would go under the back wheels.
This kid was shot because as soon as he took off with the cop at his door, he was showing gross disregard for the cops safety. Switch the cops role out for say, your own child's. Something tells me you wouldn't be on the drivers side all of a sudden, but it's a cop, and since you and those like you hate cops, this is another chance for you to demonize cops once again.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Plain and simple folks. This kid knew the cop was there and had a legal obgligation to stay put. He decided to refuse the officers commands and made a run at him with his car and got shot for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Totally different..if someone pulls a gun and says stop.. Option a..stop.. Option b..drive away..

A bit of common sense says stop if u drive away well ur an idiot and deserve what happens next.

How is this is different from Nazi SS?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Oh, I am also guessing the undercover was the guy seen on site as well, coming from the truck. Wonder what his statement was? He seemed completely calm on the camera while the suspect was being shot....very odd...not even a flinch, just casually walking.

He's an accomplice to a felony murder.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is this a checkpoint in Iraq or a fast food joint?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Totally different..if someone pulls a gun and says stop.. Option a..stop.. Option b..drive away..

A bit of common sense says stop if u drive away well ur an idiot and deserve what happens next.

How is this is different from Nazi SS?

The SS didn't say anything.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: alienjuggalo

Was selling weed..did u forget about that?

It was freaking weed!

A stupid plant!

No way that deserves summary execution!

Was the guy armed?

Was the guy threatening bodily harm to the officer?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You couldn't be more wrong! The officer had every right to jump in front of the car as he was trying to execute a lawful stop. A crime is a crime... there is no gray area. Thats like saying someone is a little bit pregnant, either they are or they aren't. The vehicle became a weapon at the moment the kid tried to drive off in the direction of the police officer. Is it a tragedy that this kid lost his life? Sure is, I don't think anyone on here disagrees with that but this officer did what he was trained to do. End the threat!
I encourage all you police haters out there to suit up and spend some time on this side of the fence. It's easy to sit behind your computer and Monday morning quarterback. Just know that when the threat comes to your house, hate us or not, we will risk our lives to protect yours.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: FamCore

by driving "at" the officer, he could've likely been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest, eluding etc.

the officer will get off scott free since the boy was driving at him with a vehicle

i am curious what may happen with the the planting of evidence testimony. it will likely be inadmissible though

The officer was clearly on the side of the car in no danger. BTw both shots were in the kids back .

I agree. The cop was CLEARLY on the side of the car...NOT IN FRONT OF IT. How fast could the kid have been going?? 10 mph?

This is disgusting. Glad the family has the means to get a private autopsy, investigate why their son was murdered over dried plant matter and that the tape is finally out.

Wish there was better video evidence of Samantha Ramsey's shooting in Kentucky...But of course that wouldn't matter because it doesn't matter for any of these kids who are murdered by cops, GROWN MEN "fearing" for their lives.

If they're really that chicken sh!t, why'd they even become cops in the first place??

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Hendrick99

originally posted by: jimmyx
...so for all you people out there, when a cop gets to the point where he draws his weapon on you, HE WANTS TO SHOOT YOU.

You are absolutely clueless.

I was trying to make a point to those that think this is a video game or a TV crime drama....people who have a gun pointed at them by an officer, should think this way. it might keep their ass from being planted 6 feet under.....I'm sorry that you don't like the way I put it, but, there are a lot of very stupid people out there. they need to get hit up beside the head with a mental 2x4 before they truly understand how serious police are, when they do take their weapon out and point it at you.

This was a 19 year old kid, most likely SCARED and with adrenaline pumping, etc.

Tunnel vision, fear, fight or flight. Those things come to mind, for me, when I use an objective and open mind when seeing such an awful scene unfold.

The cop was in no danger...Just like the campus cop who shot the man in Cincinnati for nothing. Just like the cop in ________________ who shot ________ for __________.

There's too many murdered US citizens by these "fearful" police to even keep up anymore.

And nothing will change, it will get worse. And worse. And worse.

Some people who've been commenting here REALLY have no clue. Or, maybe they do and they're just here to ruffle the feathers of those who actually use their BRAINS and understand basic mathematics/physics.

Either way, this CLEARLY was not a life or death situation. If it was? People would be shot and killed in parking lots on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cpnorrisjr3

You couldn't be more wrong! The officer had every right to jump in front of the car as he was trying to execute a lawful stop. A crime is a crime... there is no gray area. Thats like saying someone is a little bit pregnant, either they are or they aren't. The vehicle became a weapon at the moment the kid tried to drive off in the direction of the police officer. Is it a tragedy that this kid lost his life? Sure is, I don't think anyone on here disagrees with that but this officer did what he was trained to do. End the threat!
I encourage all you police haters out there to suit up and spend some time on this side of the fence. It's easy to sit behind your computer and Monday morning quarterback. Just know that when the threat comes to your house, hate us or not, we will risk our lives to protect yours.

Get your hand off it mate.

People don't die from simply smoking weed, and it's been legalised in, what, 9 states now? These two facts make your entire rant irrelevant and a waste of your time.

Now if the kid had just murdered someone, or was a serial killer, then yeah sure maybe the cop would have some reason to jump in front of his car to stop him getting away. But he wasn't. So he didn't.
The cop is an idiot for putting his own safety at risk over a plant.

It's a plant. Not a highly refined drug created in a lab.

Get that into your head, and put aside your emotional attachments to the subject.
Look at it from the sensible and level-headed viewpoint.

.....this officer did what he was trained to do.....

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. Police officers aren't trained to kill kids over a little bag of non-lethal plant. Or..... maybe they are? Actions speak louder than words, do they not.

Edit:

A crime is a crime... there is no gray area. Thats like saying someone is a little bit pregnant, either they are or they aren't.

This is completely wrong also. You should know this, if you're also a cop.
Crimes and punishments vary in severity do they not?

Do they not???

Just like pregnancy has variations, or stages. You can be a little bit pregnant and just slightly showing, or you can be 8 and a half months and look like a beach ball.

edit on 291015 by symphonyofblase because: .

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

Get your hand off it mate.

People don't die from simply smoking weed, and it's been legalised in, what, 9 states now? These two facts make your entire rant irrelevant and a waste of your time.

Now if the kid had just murdered someone, or was a serial killer, then yeah sure maybe the cop would have some reason to jump in front of his car to stop him getting away. But he wasn't. So he didn't.
The cop is an idiot for putting his own safety at risk over a plant.

It's a plant. Not a highly refined drug created in a lab.

Get that into your head, and put aside your emotional attachments to the subject.
Look at it from the sensible and level-headed viewpoint.

.....this officer did what he was trained to do.....

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. Police officers aren't trained to kill kids over a little bag of non-lethal plant. Or..... maybe they are? Actions speak louder than words, do they not.

Edit:

A crime is a crime... there is no gray area. Thats like saying someone is a little bit pregnant, either they are or they aren't.

This is completely wrong also. You should know this, if you're also a cop.
Crimes and punishments vary in severity do they not?

Do they not???

Just like pregnancy has variations, or stages. You can be a little bit pregnant and just slightly showing, or you can be 8 and a half months and look like a beach ball.

VERY WELL SAID.

Yes, I had to go full caps lock on that statement. Seeing that video really struck a nerve.

That could be my nephew, my daughter's boyfriend, or any one of her other 19-20 year old friends that I know.

It just really disgusted me. But, I'm glad it's out and people can finally develop their own opinions on the matter.

Hopefully the Feds won't be so forgiving as this small town prosecutor was.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I hope they also investigate the prosecutor to uncover the obvious conflict of interest.

And I hope it sends a message to all the other prosecutors out there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Russia doesn't have this kind of police brutality problem

In Russia everyone knows not to F with police

Good policy if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_CornmanWas the guy armed?

Was the guy threatening bodily harm to the officer?

Good question yes

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Unfortunately, yes. As soon as the cop stood in front of the car, and the kid kept driving, he was justified in shooting the kid, because his life was in danger. This isn't a standard tactic of LEOs, but it is a recurring theme with scumbag LEOs. Cop played the system. Kid should have stopped, but panic and adrenaline make you do dumb things. Sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Oh and also, all of you people that are saying the cop was in front of the car, stood in front of the car, jumped in front of the blah blah blah?

Did you have your eyes open when you watched the video, if you even watched it?

Can you please screen shot the part of the video where the cop was in front of the car.

Actually, never mind, Sremmos has already kindly provided some screens.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

So, care to point out at what part the cop was in front of the car?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Wow you are the one with blinders on buddy. I have put myself in that situation 100s of times and so have you, every time we walk through a prking lot or down a sidewalk..

What do we do when were walking to our car and some guy backs out of his spot not seeing us? We step out of the way.

I have had to avoid slow moving cars countless times in my life and I have never had to shoot the effing driver.

Okay, buddy, but what you're doing is comparing apples to oranges--just because a couple things in each scenario may be similar (which, what you're describing, they're not really at all) does not mean that they are remotely the same thing. Something tells me that you were not very good at spotting the differences between two similar drawings in "Highlights" magazines as a child.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on, as I've already spent too many minutes of my life on this topic with you and others in this thread.
edit on 29-10-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

Yes, actions do speak louder than words, but your words speak volumes of your inability to understand anything of major relevance in this situation.

The fact of the matter is that once that irresponsible kid behind the wheel decided to take off in his vehicle toward the LEO--regardless if the LEO was directly in front of the vehicle or not--he turned that vehicle into a weapon and the LEO could respond accordingly if he subjectively felt that his life was in danger. And that's exactly what he did. Whether or not you are in agreement with that decision is irrelevant, as is my opinion, really.

But see, where your ability to comprehend the situation fails is that the kid wasn't shot because of a plant--that's what the initial stop was for. He was shot because he decided to turn his vehicle into a weapon and drive it in the direction of the police officer. This is an aggressive act, and an illegal one. If the officer's split-second decision to fire his weapon ends up being decided through investigation to be unnecessary for a reasonable person, then action can be taken.

But let's not pretend like the kid did nothing wrong and the cop was just out for blood that day, because any reasonable person (of which there seems to be very few in this thread) can at least employ empathy and see why the officer might have responded as he did.

Don't be one of these 20/20-hindsight people who pretend to speak with authority, but only make themselves look ignorant. There's enough of them in this thread already.
edit on 29-10-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join