It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zhennn
a reply to: alienjuggalo

the cop could shoot the tires.

Or he could just run the plates and pick him up later?

exactly

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
a reply to: FamCore

Driving at the officer?... you're kidding right.

The officer knew he was fleeing and willingly started to shift himself towards the front of the car to hopefully stop him.

Then easily backed away when he realized the man was going for it.

I said THAT would be their excuse, not that it was a legitimate excuse.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

If you read the story at all or even the thread you would know the kid didn't sell anything and was not the target of any investigation.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This is easy. DON'T RUN WHEN A POLICE OFFICER STOPS YOU. Whats so hard about that? Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I hope the backlash forces the feds to charge him. Then fire everyone else that tried to withhold the dashcam and say its justified.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2

This is easy. DON'T RUN WHEN A POLICE OFFICER STOPS YOU. Whats so hard about that? Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Bla blah blah blah blah, same old drivel. He ran so he deserved to die..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You can claim that he was in no danger at any point, but you are wrong.

Where exactly was he in danger?? He was in about as much danger as anyone walking through a Wal-Mart parking lot with cars backing up.

Hell the kid even drove up on the curb to try and avoid this jackass. Some people are effing retarded.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
this will keep happening....so for all you people out there, when a cop gets to the point where he draws his weapon on you, HE WANTS TO SHOOT YOU. at that point, he considers you a dangerous criminal that he needs to stop any way he can. remain perfectly still and quiet, unless spoken to. as time passes, the officer(s) will regain critical thought processing, to the point where they feel out of danger, and they will let you live.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2015 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
...so for all you people out there, when a cop gets to the point where he draws his weapon on you, HE WANTS TO SHOOT YOU.

You are absolutely clueless.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2

1. Police are not the law...they are paid by the public to enforce the law.

2. Failing to stop for a cop, when there is no apparent danger to the public, is not something that warrants a death sentence.

3. If the public abandon their rights, are not aware of their rights, they will lose each and every one of them.

4. Murder is murder, regardless of which uniform is being worn and by whom.

Need any more reasons?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

My first time viewing this one just now. It looks like two
bad calls resulted in the death of Mr. Hammond. The first
being made by Mr.Hammond by trying to drive away. And
the second by the officer for his interpretation of Mr.
Hammonds attempt to drive away. I don't see a murder.
I see a bad situation made worse by Mr. Hammonds retarded
call not to comply. I don't just hop on the hate for cops
village band wagon. I try to see it in the cops favor first
and if I can be swayed from that? Then I can feel righteous
in my judgement. Hammond ####ed up first and every citizen
that isn't stupid knows better. If your stupid? Well....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Apparently failure to comply now justifies lethal force in the US. Your country is heading down a very dark road and some people here are accepting it with open arms.

Plain clothes officer runs up to car without identifying himself and sticks handgun in drivers face... then shoots driver when he panics, all for a few grams of weed. I don't know how this killing can be justified, they had the vehicles license plates and a witness to identify them.

Attempting to block a vehicle is only necessary when the driver poses an immediate threat to the public, and it was the officers actions that caused the situation to unfold as it did, though he clearly walked away without a scratch.
edit on 28-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

The chance of bullet hitting someone when doing something like shooting out the tires is a risk most are not willing to take, and it most likely would slow the car very much.

You HAVE to be kidding me!

The car was moving VERY slowly...the Cop was close enough to hit the kid in the driver's seat, but somehow not close enough to hit a couple of tyres?

This wasn't a case of the cop having to fire at a speeding car on a busy highway...this was out of the way.

And the chances of the bullet hitting 'someone' was 100%, since the cop was deliberately aiming his gun at the driver and not at the tyres..if he'd simply shot the tyres out, the kid would not have got far and would still, in all probability, be alive and well.

And the cop would not now be a bona fide murderer...if he even cares about that aspect of course, which is debatable, since he didn't try to avoid becoming one.

The cop was a couple of feet from two of the four tyres...if he can hit the driver, at an equal distance away as the tyres were, it's a safe bet he could have hit the tyres without further incident..he chose the soft fleshy target of the kid to shoot at, instead of the soft rubber target of the tyres, simple as that.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And what if the guy was already wanted, ie having a warrant out for something more serious than pot? You act like its easy to just "pick up a criminal" at a later date/time.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
you guys keep justifying this by saying he was speeding away and going to lead them on a high speed chase and an innocent person (you know like the one who gets shot in the video) might get run over or hurt..

I say no way this guys leads them on a high speed chase over 2 grams of weed that his effing girlfriend was on the hook for.

You keep talking about the innocent bystanders, and seem to forget that this 19 year old kid was 1000% innocent and had no criminal record and was just eating his hamburger at Hardees when a guy pulls up screaming holding a gun.

You cant just shoot someone over some weed, and its truly sickening that some people on here support that..
edit on 28-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

And what if the guy was already wanted, ie having a warrant out for something more serious than pot? You act like its easy to just "pick up a criminal" at a later date/time.

What if he had no criminal record?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

If and buts and coconuts.

That is NOT a policemans job to make judgements like that regarding if and buts for LETHAL force.

Its black and white. Is he poiseing a threat threat of violence for the public? No? Then no lethal force!

In any civilized country lethal force is only used if a suspect is clearly posing a direct threat to the public .

But hey by your logic of allowing lethal force for what ifs ,maybe a policeman should just shoot you? I mean you could commit a crime oneday.

You may as well scrap the 5th and 6th Amendments. Who needs them when a cop is judge jury and executioner?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Apparently failure to comply now justifies lethal force in the US. Your country heading down a very dark road.

The whole world is heading down that road.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
you guys keep justifying this by saying he was speeding away and going to lead them on a high speed chase and an innocent person (you know like the one who gets shot in the video) might get run over or hurt..

Geez, thank you! Plus, the cop didn't even say this was the reason he shot him. He claimed the driver was trying to run him over and now we can see that is untrue. The cop doesn't get to come up with a new reason because his original claim was a flat out lie.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join