It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Attacks Crew, Threatens to Blow Up Plane in Air Over NYC, Media Bury the Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Freedom of speech in the West. Don't make me laugh. There is no freedom of speech is has been shouted down and shut down. So what will happen to all these people who keep having to suppress their right to free speech. It will fester away. It is festering away in a silent majority in the UK and sooner or later it is going to erupt and that's what really frightens me!!

I'm not sure you know what it means to have "free speech". FYI, shouting down YOUR intolerant free speech isn't denying your right to free speech. It is ME exercising my free speech to tell you that I don't approve of your free speech. At no point is the government involved and prohibiting you from saying anything.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It was just an example, one thing is threats to national security and another to civilian population. Two different things handle by different set of agencies.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
and let's not leave the airlines off the hook....if they didn't make the seating arrangement feel like you are sitting in a 5th grade school desk, and they actually served reasonably priced food, passengers might feel a little less pissed off.
ok, maybe that's just me talking, but, at 6'1" 240, I also get cranky....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Of which this was neither. The plane wasn't in danger, no one was hurt, it was never out of the crew control, the passenger was restrained....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Answer one simple question. I linked a list of just a sample of the many recent plane altercations, what is it about THIS incident that makes you say:

Like I say is that people are missing when it comes to the real state of security in our nation.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the man is a Muslim and therefore you view him as more of a threat than the run of the mill jackasses on a plane behaving badly who make all sorts of ridiculous threats as they're attacking people?

Speaking of things he's alleged to have said; why aren't any of you making a big deal about the racial epithet he allegedly dropped? Not important to the omg-omg-Muslims-on-a-plane fear mongering agenda?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jimmyx

No, Catholics and Christians just go out and do it without it saying to in the Bible. Ireland. Abortion doctor murders. Clinic bombings.

Muslims don't corner the market on stupidity.

Now your'e talking, even nuns can get into the habit.
I think everyone should calm down and get a hold of themselves!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tWhat are you going on about? What are you on about you shouting me down have you got the wrong person? I don't understand your post where have I said anything about government involvement?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
a reply to: Krazysh0tWhat are you going on about? What are you on about you shouting me down have you got the wrong person? I don't understand your post where have I said anything about government involvement?

Ironically, you're only proving his point. Freedom of speech explicitly refers to one's freedom to express oneself without fear of retaliation or censorship by the government.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the man is a Muslim and therefore you view him as more of a threat than the run of the mill jackasses on a plane behaving badly who make all sorts of ridiculous threats as they're attacking people?

No only a Muslim, but a foreigner immigrant very relevant if I may say so, specially with all the thousands of immigrants from Islamic countries our government is taking, how many more could be classified "crazies" and how much of that craziness could be a thread to national security and civilian population, no even you or me or even the government can tell for sure.

Speaking of things he's alleged to have said; why aren't any of you making a big deal about the racial epithet he allegedly dropped? Not important to the omg-omg-Muslims-on-a-plane fear mongering agenda?

What people doesn't know makes life easier and the government wants it like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

What am I on about? This is a sentence YOU typed in the post I quoted:
"There is no freedom of speech is has been shouted down and shut down."

So I spoke hypothetically by saying that I am the hypothetical person shooting down your speech.

where have I said anything about government involvement?

And that's what I'm getting at. You didn't mention the government. Only the government can inhibit your freedom of speech. Without the government being involved, your freedom of speech is perfectly intact. Go read the 1st amendment. Take particular note of the first few words in the amendment. "Congress shall make no law..."
edit on 20-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No, just some fly attendants that got knocked down by the "crazy Muslim immigrant" you are right nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you are saying this isn't what it says?!

Some one lied to me!
edit on thTue, 20 Oct 2015 15:11:14 -0500America/Chicago1020151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Of course not! According to people against PC, telling them that they aren't PC is the equivalent of preventing them from talking. I'm not sure how that works either, because I KNOW I've told many of the same people that they are intolerant, yet they continue to spout their intolerance. Almost like they had some sort of right to do it...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes, keep pointing out he's Muslim. Then the next time something like this happens you can show outrage when I point out they're Christian or Catholic.

There is nothing to see. There was no threat to the plane. Nothing was found on board. Please, enlighten me as to what exactly the threat is. Because he's Muslim?

How many more crazies are we going to let fly that aren't foreign or Muslim? How many of those are a threat to people or the nation?
edit on 10/20/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Ya guts to make stuff up, this is getting coverage, sorry it isn't the breaking news headline everywhere but it was taken care of.

YOU are being divisive right now, that is the ironic part

It is also ironic that your thought process is exactly what made people start causing what you like to call the PC police.
The people who were tired of getting trampled on with words started standing up for themselves and saying "hey, I really don't like when you call me or others that"

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You know that I don't follow any religious groups and neither practice any religion also I don't support religion at all.

But when I point out that the man that cause the problem in the Airline is Muslim and an immigrant and for what is been posted before deemed Crazy, is no an opinion is a fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And the fact that he's Muslim is utterly, completely, and amazingly irrelevant. Or are you going to explain how it matters, besides "Muslim Bad".

I still want you to explain how this was a threat to anyone other than the flight attendant he punched.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It did get coverage. That's why we're able to talk about it. The OP is arguing it didn't get enough coverage or the right kind of coverage.

The MSM gives serious attention to about 18 stories a day. And that's covering the whole globe.

All kind of groups claim "their" stories aren't being covered probably. Is that true in this case?

We have the story of a main having a fight on an airplane, being restrained, and arrested when the plane landed.

Nothing much there. The plane landed on schedule. It apparently had no impact on air travel or congestion.

Anything else interesting?

It's alleged he threatened to blow up the plane. Hmmm ... that's kind of interesting. Did he have any means of blowing up the plane? Apparently not. Not so interesting.

Anything else at all interesting about this story?

He was an Albanian Muslim. Okay. Anything else there? No.

So it's not much of as story. But the OP, and the article he linked, claimed this was an example of "liberal bias" and the only reason this wasn't reported was because the perpetrator was a Muslim.

Okay. It's a claim. Let's test it. I did a simple search of the word "Muslim" on Google News, BIng News and Yahoo News. And I was surprised to see the OP may have a point.

Virtually every story on the first page of results was about Muslims being the victims of hate speech, bias attacks or being falsely accused of a crime. Even changing the search to "Muslim violence" didn't change matters much. New stories popped up. But almost all placed the Muslims as the victims of violence. Only when I searched "Muslim terrorism" do I start to get some results about Muslims committing acts of violence. But there were still some about false accusations.

One would have to monitor this over a period of time to see if there's anything there. And I'd like to look at results from five years ago. But these results are indicative of the kind of bias the OP is claiming.

I still think the story is inconsequential. But there may be something to his larger point. Personally, I don't see Islamic terrorism as the great threat the OP does. But I am very interested in the skewing and manipulation of news. If these results held up over time, I would assume there is some agenda. Not the one the OP is claiming. But an agenda nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

There is no indication that his Islamism had anything to do with his behavior, or that the "liberal media" did anything to cover it up "because he was a muslim". It is rather the "conservative media" that made the specious connection, and reported on it because he was a muslim.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Boston Marathon bombers, the 9/11 hijackers, were all muslim.

You forgot Timothy McVeigh and the Unibomber.

Ten Worst Bombings in US history
edit on 20-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join