It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Attacks Crew, Threatens to Blow Up Plane in Air Over NYC, Media Bury the Story

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Of course not all Muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists that get news coverage are Muslim.

Fixed it for you. According to the FBI Hispanics commit the most terrorist attacks here in the sates Muslims actually commit the least.

Thanks for the info for here in the states. I wasn't aware the the overwhelming terrorist attacks right now in the ME and Europe are committed by Hispanics. Boy, they sure get around.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TheBulk

And it's not like you can't find terror from other religions occurring daily.

Ya, those crazy Christians, Jews, Bhuddists, etc. going around beheading, sucide bombing, and burning people alive.

I still fail to see what your point is. It has been shown that the media did cover this, even Fox News had covered this story with no mention of his religion until much later, and yet you continue on.

At first I just thought this was about the "evil liberal media", but I'm beginning to think this is just anti-Muslim bigotry.

I must ask: Do you expose yourself to a lot of Right-Wing media? Fox? Talk radio? Breitbart or WND?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnBreakable

That would be one hell of a claim to back up.

Sure, no problem.

"Sunni Muslim 'Extremists' Committed 70% of Terrorist Murders in 2011"
"Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)".

"The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012".
cnsnews.com...

edit on 21-10-2015 by UnBreakable because: quotations

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Meanwhile left wingers are going nuts about fox news, white racists and bigotry in a thread about a drunk white guy beating a Muslim. It seems you guys are programmed to downplay when perp is a Muslim and exxagerate when the perp is white.

Funny you say that, I watched the Charleston Confederate flag protests, and they were all there, Nazi's, KKK, Black Libertarians, Black Power and flag protestors...either way, with no affilliation to the above, and all had their moment in marching, and their moment in front of the city hall, and it was not armageddon. Seems to me that the police acted pretty well that day overall, and injuries were few, with no concerted rioting. I saw one KKK man with no bars in the grate saying he was injured in his car, but there was no visible injury as he walked about, while he already lacked any bars in the grate before he got there. Elsewhere, one other KKK man said he would welcome any Black man as long as he was a good Christian and would agree to live in another part of town
but would not welcome a Muslim Black man..or did he mean just Muslim, or was he totally misrepresentative ?
Messages there for everyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I never said that other religions aren't responsible for terror nor do I hate Muslims. I just pointed out that they're responsible for the majority of worldwide terror attacks. Sorry if facts conflict with the apologist and pc narrative and agenda.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm still waiting to see your explanation as to what his religion had to do with anything. There was no weapon, no bomb, no threat to the aircraft at all.

So please, how does his religion matter in this case as opposed to all the others that happen every month. Yes, I know, Muslims are responsible for terrorism, but you have to have a way to threaten the plane to commit an act of terrorism.
edit on 10/21/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Ya, those crazy Christians, Jews, Bhuddists, etc. going around beheading, sucide bombing, and burning people alive.

I must ask: Do you expose yourself to a lot of Right-Wing media? Fox? Talk radio? Breitbart or WND?

No, it's exposure to reality and what's happening in the world today. Do you expose yourself to Left-Wing media? MSNBC? NPR? Mother Jones or The Nation?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No, it's exposure to reality and what's happening in the world today. Do you expose yourself to Left-Wing media? MSNBC? NPR? Mother Jones or The Nation?

I expose myself to many different sources of info. The reason I ask is because the way you talk is indicative of someone that has been exposed to too much Right-Wing propaganda. That's not reality. That's brainwashing.

You brought us a story about an incident on a US flight and pointed your fingers at the Muslims, but when shown that Muslims are a very small percentage of the terrorism acts in the US, you move the goalposts to say they are behind the majority of worldwide attacks.

Can you provide us with the statistics you used to come to this reality-based conclusion? Surely you have some numbers to back that up, right?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I expose myself to many different sources of info. The reason I ask is because the way you talk is indicative of someone that has been exposed to too much Right-Wing propaganda. That's not reality. That's brainwashing.

You brought us a story about an incident on a US flight and pointed your fingers at the Muslims, but when shown that Muslims are a very small percentage of the terrorism acts in the US, you move the goalposts to say they are behind the majority of worldwide attacks.

Can you provide us with the statistics you used to come to this reality-based conclusion? Surely you have some numbers to back that up, right?

First off, I didn't point "my" finger at Muslims. That fact was part and parcel from the source, and how the media downplayed that incident compared to other plane incidents recently, and maybe religion has something to do with that fact. No where did I specify Muslims were responsible for terrorism in the US only, so I don't see how I "moved the goalposts". But I will say they were responsible for the majority of attacks in the US on September 11, 2001.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I can agree to that. Apart from that the NCTC figures are somewhat lacking in breakdown? for instance Sunnis in Iraq have joined forces with the Shia Iraq military against IS on the Iran borders, however there are still plenty of Shia militias roaming Iraq and killing Sunni civilians by the scores in revenge for attacks against IS, that much is acknowledged by Amnesty international. As far as Iraq is concerned then, the Sunnis are between a rock and a hard place, they are forced to fight IS away from home along with Shia Iraqi military, while Shia militias are picking off civilian Sunnis at home. So, even if IS was defeated tomorrow, there are still huge problems for all those in Iraq with all these murder squads. It's not so clear how the Sunni civilian minority in Iran are faring. In any case, the NCTC figures are old now, and in fact were reducing figures from the years before, and could be a whole different story now. There again, any role played by the NCTC is not simply about compiling stats, all the intelligence agencies work through them, something not shouted about too much. Simply put, the NCTC is the military Oligarch of the US.
edit on 21-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Of course not all Muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists that get news coverage are Muslim.

Fixed it for you. According to the FBI Hispanics commit the most terrorist attacks here in the sates Muslims actually commit the least.

Thanks for the info for here in the states. I wasn't aware the the overwhelming terrorist attacks right now in the ME and Europe are committed by Hispanics. Boy, they sure get around.

Less than two percent of terrorist attacks in Europe are religiously motivated.
Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated
So your usual Muslims commit the most terrorist attacks whine is nothing but a load of BS.
edit on 7040000005131America/ChicagoWed, 21 Oct 2015 10:54:51 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I just pointed out that they're responsible for the majority of worldwide terror attacks. Sorry if facts conflict with the apologist and pc narrative and agenda.

No it just conflicts with reality. Because it just isn't true.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

First off, I didn't point "my" finger at Muslims.

Yes, yes you did.

That fact was part and parcel from the source, and how the media downplayed that incident compared to other plane incidents recently

A clearly biased source that you obviously took as gospel without looking at the facts. Your statement about the "liberal media" is proof of that. The source fit your agenda/political lean.

No where did I specify Muslims were responsible for terrorism in the US only

I didn't claim that you did make any such statement, but it was you that is dismissing the US terror statistics and opened the debate to global terrorism, including the fact that Hispanics are not abroad creating terror. That means that you are focusing on Muslims.

But I will say they were responsible for the majority of attacks in the US on September 11, 2001.

So? What does that have to do with 2015? Are we still stuck in fear mode from 9/11?
edit on 21-10-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I just pointed out that they're responsible for the majority of worldwide terror attacks. Sorry if facts conflict with the apologist and pc narrative and agenda.

No it just conflicts with buster2010's reality. Because it just isn't true.

There, fixed it for ya.

You are making the claim that they are responsible for the majority of terror attacks worldwide. Please prove that claim by providing evidence or statistics. If you cannot, then you are not basing your opinion on any sort of reality.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The 10 countries where terrorist attacks kill the most people

Hmmm.

That's a bit disingenuous considering that the majority of those countries are at war or civil war.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Funny how cns doesn't link the report from the agency, and if you read the comments it seems that it may not be around.

Here is another good one to read.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No it just conflicts with buster2010's reality. Because it just isn't true.

There, fixed it for ya.

Prove me wrong then. I posted a link backing up what I said where is yours?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

So because he's Muslim, it's an act of Islamic Terrorism?

Lol.

Seems like that Conservative media is trying to make a mountain of a mole hill. What would national media attention bring to this story? Is it going to change his sentencing or anything else?

I don't see a reason to discuss this any more than if a white or black or purple person did it. It's nothing to do with the fact that he's Muslim IMO, that's just Conservatives wanting to point the finger and go ' Oh look, they are all bad!"

~Tenth

A muslim threatening to "blow up" a plane is no different than if a bald white guy threatened to say, hang, a person who also happened to be black.

If that happened, you and all your Liberal Muslim apologist friends would be shouting from the rooftops how that was an example of white on black racism.

This incident is just as bad if not worse than the incident in LA, but it literally got 5 sentences on CBS

This guy called a black male flight attendant a n***er, and threatened to stab him and CBS didn't think that was pertinent information apparently, funny how the same Liberal media will imply racism at the drop of a hat when a White republican suggests drug testing welfare recipients, here we have someone assaulting a black man while calling him a racial epithet and it's censored.

That is what the OP is trying to point out, the Hypocrisy in mainly the Left Wing media.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join