It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Attacks Crew, Threatens to Blow Up Plane in Air Over NYC, Media Bury the Story

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

It isn't being censored though so what then?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Right or wrong I think the point is not that it's worse, but that the media won't cover it because he is muslim and it does not fit a certain agenda.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ya talk about agendas.

In addition to AP coverage, news of Kucuk's arrest was reported by WABC-TV in New York, the Palm Beach Post (twice), WCBS-TV in New York, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, WKMG-TV in Orlando, and even an online news site in New Zealand.

www.snopes.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Such bury, much censorship!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya talk about agendas.

In addition to AP coverage, news of Kucuk's arrest was reported by WABC-TV in New York, the Palm Beach Post (twice), WCBS-TV in New York, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, WKMG-TV in Orlando, and even an online news site in New Zealand.

www.snopes.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Such bury, much censorship!

I believe the point being made was any time a white person kills a black person the media makes sure to mention race, in this story, it was never mentioned. All they say was a man from queens.

abc7ny.com...
www.palmbeachpost.com...
newyork.cbslocal.com...
www.nola.com...
www.clickorlando.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Is his being a Muslim relevant? Not to me. It's also not relevant when a black man shoots a black man or a black man shoots a white man or a white man shoots a white man or when a white man shoots a black man. In only one of those instances will race be said though.

This is a story where the media did what they should, they just need to follow this example in the future.

Or maybe what I find wrong is different than the OP

edit on 22-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

How much news coverage do threats get? This wasn't a killing by a cop, two things that get media coverage.

They talk about race with white people too, not sure where you get that idea that they don't.

Did any of the sites reporting he was muslim say how they knew he was? Or we just going off the name.
Oh ya they knew he was an immigrant.
edit on ndThu, 22 Oct 2015 02:41:31 -0500America/Chicago1020153180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I pretty much never hear race mentioned when a black man shoots a white man or a white man shoots a white man. The media likes to get people riled up so they fan racial flames for ratings.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I read about some of the other non-stories, but never heard a word about this one. Nice find!

Makes you wonder, though, how often this happens, and we don't hear a thing!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join