It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Attacks Crew, Threatens to Blow Up Plane in Air Over NYC, Media Bury the Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I agree, but the biggest issue here is why news like this are been kept away from the regular public, then you have to think that our nation is accepting thousands of refugees from Islamic countries, then you need to ask how many of them are "crazies" and have not problem creating chaos, mayhem and even some "violence" against others.

Nobody, no even the government will address that issue.

Why? because is political, and comes down to political crap.

So is better to keep news that are in nature damaging on the image of certain groups far away from public scrutiny.

Irrelevant? no, important? yes, very much so.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Boston Marathon bombers, the 9/11 hijackers, were all muslim.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No, Catholics and Christians just go out and do it without it saying to in the Bible. Ireland. Abortion doctor murders. Clinic bombings.

Muslims don't corner the market on stupidity.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Freedom of speech in the West. Don't make me laugh. There is no freedom of speech is has been shouted down and shut down. So what will happen to all these people who keep having to suppress their right to free speech. It will fester away. It is festering away in a silent majority in the UK and sooner or later it is going to erupt and that's what really frightens me!!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That story was sourced from "CBSNewYork/AP". How is that hidden I wonder?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I can point out any number of prior hijackings, bombings, and threats that weren't.

Muslims aren't the only ones doing stupid things on planes.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It would make them disgruntled and crazy passengers with some kind of mental issue I would imagine.
~Tenth

That's about right, and anyway for instance, ever since Van Heflin, 'a demolition expert' tried to blow up an aircraft back in 1970, all airlines routinely hog tie and gag any bankrupt demolition experts who wish to fly with them...don't they?

edit on 20-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I found a CBS link, as well as four smaller outlets talking about this. How is it not being discussed.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would call the Mexican drug gangs that are operating in America, terrorists. I would call the violent motorcycle gangs that are currently operating in America, terrorists.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And I can point out any number of prior hijackings, bombings, and threats that weren't.

Muslims aren't the only ones doing stupid things on planes.

Of course not. But they are the most recent and fit into a specific demographic. If the past few bombings, attempted bombings where done by elderly white women, I'd be apprehensive sitting next to granny on my next flight.

It's human nature.

And to deny/ignore a common thread is irresponsible. imho

link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

So what if he was Muslim. I guarantee that almost every other religion or group out there has had an altercation on a plane. But it's worse because he's a Muslim, right?

Imagine if he was a white Christian how much press it would be getting. Non-stop 24/7 coverage on all liberal MSM channels.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

Look around the damned internet for cryin' out loud, all sorts of freedom of speech.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How much national news coverage is required for this story? Here's a sampling of recent incidents on planes:

TMZ, 5/28 - John Wall Kicked Off Plane In Vegas... After Altercation

Fox News, 7/8 - British man arrested after onboard altercation forces transatlantic flight to divert to Boston

Daily Caller, 7/31 - Family Kicked Off JetBlue After Altercation With Flight Attendants

People, 8/16 - Jason Derulo's Crew Booted From Southwest Flight, Says He 'Fired' His Travel Agent

Daily Mail, 8/18 - Man 'had half his ear bitten off' midair by fellow passenger in 'sickening' attack on packed Jet2 flight to Ibiza from Newcastle

Newsminer, 8/29 - Fairbanks man arrested after fight on plane, accused of alcohol importation

ABC 7 Amarillo, 9/1 - Flight diverted to Amarillo; Passengers arrested after mid-air altercation

USA Today Roadwarrior Voice, 9/1 - Pilot-on-pilot fight breaks out in cockpit during flight

Salon, 9/21 - Azealia Banks hurls homophobic slur at flight attendant in airplane luggage spat

CNN, Yesterday - Man dies suddenly after becoming 'agitated' on flight

The Guardian UK, yesterday - Unscheduled landing after Hangin' with Mr Cooper star breaks up fight on plane

Everyone heard about the guy biting another passenger and dying because it sounded like the beginning of a zombie apocalypse but how many of the rest have you heard about? How many of those articles make mention of the religion of the person involved?

Seems to me that this is a relatively common event which only got minimal coverage because:

1. Nobody died.
2. Nobody was seriously injured.
3. Nobody famous was involved (as with several above).
4. There's no video.
5. No credible threat to the aircraft.

But because the assailant is a Muslim and for no other reason, this story should be prominent in national news and if it isn't, it's because the "liberal media" is burying the story? LOL. Even Fox News isn't reporting on it. Liberal Fox News!

Ironically, the same people making these ridiculous claims are also preemptively whining about being unfairly labeled 'Islamaphobes' and 'racists' as they're whining about what amounts to a lack of anti-Muslim bias in reporting of airline incidents.

If the shoe fits, wear it?
edit on 2015-10-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I watch news everyday first thing in the morning, this the first time I heard of the story, here in ATS.

Beside that my husband is always feeding me in issues relating to national "security" as the military bases every morning receive a memo of latest threats that can affect government facilities.

Like I say is that people are missing when it comes to the real state of security in our nation.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How many of those stood up and said they were going to blow the plane up?

People that are real threats don't announce they're going to do something, they do it. In all the bombings that the aircraft was able to successfully land, the first warning was the explosion. Not someone standing up, attacking the flight attendant and announcing they were going to blow it up.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

How many of those stood up and said they were going to blow the plane up?

People that are real threats don't announce they're going to do something, they do it. In all the bombings that the aircraft was able to successfully land, the first warning was the explosion. Not someone standing up, attacking the flight attendant and announcing they were going to blow it up.

So there's a right way and a wrong way to blow up an aircraft? Didn't know there was a "Jihad For Dummies" book available.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank you for some perspective! This thread is really just an excuse to whine about Muslims some more over a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

How did this threaten base security? Or national security? So you didn't hear about it, which means that despite finding links to actual news agencies talking about it, they're not.

Got it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

BTW our military facility gets threats various times in a month, but only a few are taken seriously. because it does a lot of interruptions to government time and time is money.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join