It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottStarWarsVII Trending On Twitter (Yes because there's black people in it)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Failed logic. Calling out racism is not racist nor race baiting nor fomenting a race war.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yepp, these tweets are utterly ridiculous.

It is a last twitch from the racists that are having their comfort blanket pulled off of them.

Here's a thought...what if all the aliens were non-caucasian...and caucasian people only occur on earth? I wonder what their reaction would have been to that possible line of thinking.

In all honesty, I feel sorry for these people. Sorry that they are so myopic as to not be able see beyond their own skin color.

edit on 19-10-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
to any actual americans (since we have international sentiment joining in the discussion from cultures that don't understand freedom, including freedom of speech, the press, and so on), who are actually more than 2 decades old, on the thread:

is it just my imagination or weren't we already past most of this bull# by the 80s? what the hell is going on? i don't cuss, but when i do, it's cause i'm incredibly frustrated

edit on 19-10-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hey, not for nothing but Darth Vader's voice is black.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Failed logic. Calling out racism is not racist nor race baiting nor fomenting a race war.

it's not calling out racism of a handful, that twitter is full of anti-white (you know, caucasian people are a race right?) propaganda. as in, it's blaming the entire race. you know what i'm saying. don't lie to me.

link   
I genuinely think the best response to this is to laugh, and then just ignore.

If the movie turns out to be awesome...well, these folks will just have missed out on something great.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

i personally enjoyed mr. abrams take on star trek. didn't think i would cause the actor didn't remind me of kirk, but he pulled it off nicely.

so i expect to enjoy his take on star wars. don't deprive me of my star wars fix or i will haunt you (not necessarily nullafides) in the afterlife.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Lie to you? Sorry I can't even with people that label disagreement, lies. It's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Heck ya! JJ did a great job with star trek.
I despised star trek until i seen the JJ's take on it. Im now eagerly waiting for the 3rd. I think i forced myself watch the search for Spock. Couldnt do it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Lie to you? Sorry I can't even with people that label disagreement, lies. It's ridiculous.

no, you're not going to slither out of this. that twitter feed is full of racists. people blaming entire races for what a few have done. you know it, i know it. but you're pretending you don't. what else do i call it ? truth telling?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oh you were talking about a specific feed, my bad.

I think it is your imagination that we were passed all this in the 80's.
edit on thMon, 19 Oct 2015 18:21:24 -0500America/Chicago1020152480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 19 Oct 2015 18:37:25 -0500America/Chicago1020152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 19 Oct 2015 18:39:26 -0500America/Chicago1020152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I'm white, now quote to me where the hell I said all white people were racist? Get a goddamn grip on reality.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How is twitter full of anti white propaganda?

I think it is your imagination that we were based on this in the 80's.

not twitter but that particular twitter feed, whatever it's called is the epitome' of racism.
the jews are evil
the whites are evil
the blacks are evil

and this all based on what a handful have said or done. THAT IS RACISM!
jesus h chickenfeathers.

link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well, there's your problem. Everyone who knows anything about the Trek movies knows that only the even numbered ones are really any good. Search for Spock was III in the series and thus weak. Well, any movie that tries to pass off Christopher Lloyd as a villainous Klingon is going to have a problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm white, now quote to me where the hell I said all white people were racist? Get a goddamn grip on reality.

the twitter feed. the twitter feed for that. one more time for emphasis. the twitter feed is racist as hell.

if you want, i'll repeat it again. it's full of racists.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You said:

a reply to: Kali74 star wars is about diversity. always was. this thread is racist. that twitter and ALL the comments on it, are racist. this is how we will lose our freedom of speech. rub it up into a race war, make sure there are anti-racist laws in place, and then use them to silence the planet. welcome to your own nightmare.

To which I said calling out racism isn't racist.

You then said:

it's not calling out racism of a handful, that twitter is full of anti-white (you know, caucasian people are a race right?) propaganda. as in, it's blaming the entire race. you know what i'm saying. don't lie to me.

Are you not saying that my thread is racist and that I'm supporting anti-white propaganda by bringing this to ATS for discussion?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

i didn't say we were based on this. i said we were passed all this! things were improving dramatically and then all of the sudden it took a nose dive into insanity

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

let me review why i felt it was a racist thread. if i'm wrong, i'll admit it, but if i'm right, i'm going stick to this thread till i convince you that you are helping to accelerate all forms of racism and that you should cease and desist.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Huh, got stupid fingers I guess. Meant to type passed all this.

From what I heard from my family the 80's and on was just like it was today if not worse.
That is from my family and friends that grew up in that time.

What did you gauge us being past racism on?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm at the point of laughing and ignoring the lunatic brigade. These racists are the captains of said brigade .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join