It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottStarWarsVII Trending On Twitter (Yes because there's black people in it)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

laughing? sounds more like an opportunity to blame children and lil old folks in hospitals and chruches, for some racists making racist comments on twitter.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Then what is what that post I responded to? What was the point you were making here?

shall all men go to prison because some men rape women?
shall all women be raped because some women use sex as a weapon?
shall all people be deprived because some people have too much?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: undo

Where am I directing anything at anyone?

the racists on that twitter feed are. they are blaming all jews because some jews do silly things. they are blaming all whites because some whites do silly things. they are blaming all blacks because some blacks do silly things.

instead of addressing the original racists who started the hashtag and promoted it, they are using this as a photo op to further increase the racial divide by blaming all white people for what a bunch of anonymous people on twitter said. it's assumed right out of the gate that the people who started it are white, and that this is the general consenus of white people. the thing is just brimming with racism.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
it's an excuse to further condemn white people as if we are all nazi bigots. it's a further excuse to condemn jews and blacks. its divisional. meant to be divisive. whoever thought that little gem up, did it for that very reason.

You're pretty much describing what racism does in the first place if you think about it?

Is a catch-22 and it upsets Pinke too (see other posts) - I don't like seeing people freaking out and being hurt but Kali didn't cause this to happen. Nor did people pointing out racist jack asses cause this to happen. The angry and hurt POC, the anti-semites, and the racist white folks were all there already ... they've just found somewhere to post.

Fact of the matter is Kali not discussing it won't make it go away. Pinke being sad at hurt people freaking out isn't going to make it go away, and undo noticing that there are racists calling out racism won't make it go away. Only thing to do I guess is prove those people wrong as much as possible and part of that is pointing out racists whilst being white if that's what you are and realizing that yes, people are gonna say crazy stuff. It isn't always easy - I want everyone to get along so when I see this kind of thing I find it hard to deal with. Again, read my previous posts.

Is a bit reassuring that there is only a small number of racist tweeters (though any is poop), it's a little frustrating that racists join in nice movements. That's life. Check any forum for when people find a racist left wing POC professor and call it out - in between all the other noise you'll find a handful of white supremacists in there. Same thing as this.

TL;DR version:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The ONLY thing directors care about, is getting as many butts as possible into seats in the theater. I would imagine that a movie that reflects the demographic of the audience viewing it might just be less likely to alienate potential ticket buyers. If there IS a conspiracy, its to make the movie as palatable as possible to the widest number of people possible, to, that's right, sell more tickets. Because, lets face it, the purpose of a movie is to make TONS of money. This thing is really pathetic. I cannot believe in this day and age that people are so small minded. I am sorry, but its likely that the universe will be populated with other beings besides caucasians. IMHO we would be LUCKY to find black people in space. Most likely aliens are going to look like a cross between a Tyrannosaurus rex and a starfish.
edit on 19-10-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Having a few black people in the predominately white cast doesn't make Star Wars anti-white. What about Lando Calrissian and Mace Windu? At any rate, the amount of black people in the Star Wars films doesn't amount to many.

If this gets people going, think about what will happen when Bobba Fett is cast as a black man (Michael B. Jordan from the Fantastic 4 is rumored to be getting the role) in an upcoming movie focusing on the bounty hunter. Clone troopers are supposed to be clones of Bobba Fett's father, Jengo Fett. So by casting a black man as Bobba Fett, that adds a whole lot of black people to the Star Wars movies (they were just wearing suits the whole time).

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Exactly. Disney is planning ahead because they've already calculated their future audience and have to adapt early in order to suck younger ones into their brand and create a lifetime consumer.

It's the same reason McDonald's focuses so much on advertising their toys in happy meals.

Ghost

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
you wanna hear something racist, listen to this. this guy is so far over the top, so incredibly racist. however he's bringing to light what the power brokers of the world will do to ya, your family, your friends, regardless of race, just to prove they can. i don't think it's a "jewish" problem at all. i think world leaders are behind all this racial divide stuff. and it's so easy to be convinced to be that way if you think in terms of race - they got you by the short hairs. if everything is race-based, nasty stuff happens. is it really true that some races are better than others? nope. it's actually not true.

is he right? not about the jewish people, no he's not. but the guys at the top of the food chain in governments, those are the real bad guys, whether jewish, white,black,chinese, arabic, japanese and etc. , doesn't matter to them. all they are interested in is getting us, the people of the world, to do their work for them, to kill for them, to ostracize each other, for them. it's global. your country of origin is no exception.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The new Sith bad guys mask even looks like Revan's. I am still hoping they make the old republic games official canon. A movie set in that time would be cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74>>> I would bet money that those posters are just trying to troll and are very likely African americans themselves. If there's no controversy you can use against your opponents, pretend to BE your opponents and create a controversy. I'm boycotting this movie because its just a sad grab for money and the story seems non existent. But that covers the last three movies as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
to the despicable person who stalked me onto the video game i play online, with the name kajoo, and the preceeded to stick his characters private parts inmy face:

jesus didn't say "come in and have sex" .
good freakin' grief. they are trying so hard to characterize people who are white and female, as whores, that it's actually scrambled their brains

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
and furthermore, i'll have you know i have been married to the same man my whole life! and all three of our kids, are our kids. and we didn't abort any of our kids. we raised our kids. i flippin homeschooled my kids. i'm nearly 60 years old! i don't even have sex anymore. is this religiously motivated? ? i don't even belong to an organized religion! how can i be a whore? because i don't believe the average person should be held accountable for the # their leaders do? WELL EXCUSE ME ALL TO HELL YA RACIST BASTARDS!
edit on 20-10-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i'm sorry. excuse my angry outburst. i'm just so furious right now. that was the wrong thing to do to me, mr. kajoo. the wrong thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I heard Trump wants a boycott on the new Star Wars. Something about the aliens if I remember correctly.....,

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState
I heard Trump wants a boycott on the new Star Wars. Something about the aliens if I remember correctly.....,

are you american?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

a reply to: tallcool1

I long for the day when we can see color and think fellow human.

I long for the day we dont see color......or any other imaginary difference...
Peace....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: tallcool1

I long for the day when we can see color and think fellow human.

I long for the day we dont see color......or any other imaginary difference...
Peace....

unbelievable. it's freakin' unbelievable. that there are people out there who actually still believe that the average human being has any control over what happened years, decades, centuries or even millenia ago. that the average person has any control over what race they are born as, well, it takes more fairy tale land than the story of all the animals on the planet being taken into noah's ark, two by two (which the story doesn't even say!).

argh, i'm still so fuming mad right now.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Being a different color is like being a different nationality - it's something you have no control over and why anyone would judge you, persecute you or abuse you for it is a mystery to me.
There are some sick, ignorant and awful people out there.
edit on 20-10-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i had such a bad reaction to that guy stalking me and behaving so horribly to me, that my husband has asked me to leave ATS, for health reasons. i've been in a coma, had breast cancer and am not what you would call a rock of gibraltar emotionally, so in my best interests, after TEN years of being a member of ATS, i have to leave.

edit on 20-10-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Kraaist!! this is actually a thing!!.. I just recently mentioned to a ATSer on another thread that, Star Wars non white non male high profile characters was any sorta P.C BS, little did I know that there was a real movement behind it, now I am not for all and any kind of drastic character changes in traditional roles unless it is warranted, for example I agreed with those who thought changing Heimdall into a brother was unwarranted, my take was it's a Norse saga let him be white, as I would be opposed to making Ra,Amun Isis or Ramses White or west Asian ditto for Shango and Yemanja the Yoruba God of thunder who is somewhat like Thor..which would make a great kickassed flick of Shango vs Thor or even Zeus, but I digress Star wars always had Black and non white kickass characters ,
Hollywood however have had a long history of filling in the blanks with characters that had nothing to do with white folks, both fictional and real.

Whell Pilgrim out here in da East the only good Merkhet is a Dead Merkhet

Now some will say that's back in the 50ts/60ts what could we do times have changed..err no not really this flck Attila the Hun was from a few yrs ago, but the longest and most outrageous is the whiting of African lead characters of high civilizations or wholesale cultural and historic appropriation through the likes of

Khartoum
Ancient Zimbabwe have been one big cultural misappropriation even before there was a Hollywood, with

And King Solomon's Mines by the time Hollywood got through with Black folks character real or imagined all was left was this.
Incidentally certain Greek characters should have been Blacks as they were in Greek Mythology like Medea, Cassiopeia, Andromeda and king Cepheus Of Ethiopia but in clash of the Titans and the remake they looked like this.

And oh plueeze don't get me started on Troy where they completely Xed out king Memnon the Ethiopian and his 10,000 Ethiopian warriors to the rescue of Troy and his uncle Priam, yes the Greeks didn't give a damn about familial ties to Ethiopians or Blacks, but us moderns sure do.
But for all my complaints which is a lot I enjoyed most of the flks above even when I know better than what's been put before me.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Spider879 because: mistake.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join