It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottStarWarsVII Trending On Twitter (Yes because there's black people in it)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Is it people not wanting blacks in the film or is it fans that feel that the roles were not made for blacks when the series was born. I do not think they are racist but that they want thing to be like the first ones.

The story takes place in a galaxy which sentient beings of all kinds can travel throughout, there's not going to be any black people?

Plus Lando.

My point is that it was never about if there would be blacks in the film but the roles they fill do not fit in with the other films. I think it is wrong to frame the debate as claiming anyone is not wanting blacks in the film at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Who? Jango, the clones, or the new character?

It's not like I've followed the lore for this film obsessively. All I've seen is the trailer which shows this guy in a trooper outfit. Early buzz called him a stormtrooper. That's what I've stuck with.

What do you think I've done, hung out on a fan site somewhere sponging up every scrap of lore? If I did that, would I have been here?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT
You mean the same JJ Abrahams that rebooted Star Trek with the carbon copy skin tones from the original series?

Until they announce Han Solo to be played by Ming the Merciless I don't think you have any reason not to watch it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Is it people not wanting blacks in the film or is it fans that feel that the roles were not made for blacks when the series was born. I do not think they are racist but that they want thing to be like the first ones.

The story takes place in a galaxy which sentient beings of all kinds can travel throughout, there's not going to be any black people?

Plus Lando.

Not as the main role... Who rescues the girl from the evil white man. This IS typical liberal media theme.

Watch commercials on TV that have multiple ethnicities in them. They ALWAYS cast the white male as goofy, feminine, or dumb. Black males always get cast as alphas that the women ogle, and Asians always get cast as geniuses.

The liberal media HATES white guys.
edit on 19-10-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Black guy the hero, saving beautiful white girl from evil white man, yep typical liberal SJW movie. Won't be seeing it.

In the original books, luke, leia had kids, they became Jedi. The events in those books focused on those characters. Funny that JJ forgot that storyline existed. He can't have any white lead roles after all... Had to make his own storyline

Yeah I mean remember how he cast a black Kirk..........

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Plus Lando.

My point is that it was never about if there would be blacks in the film but the roles they fill do not fit in with the other films. I think it is wrong to frame the debate as claiming anyone is not wanting blacks in the film at all.

Maybe you should read the twitter feed before telling me I framed the debate wrong. Bad news for you dude... I think he's pretty much the co-lead.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

where did ketsuko mention aborigines, "very dark" obviously you know little of Aborigines

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The implication being that casting the main role of the film not as a black man is somehow proof that this phenomena WP4YT is describing doesn't exist at all??

Is that what you're really trying to say?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Black guy the hero, saving beautiful white girl from evil white man, yep typical liberal SJW movie. Won't be seeing it.

In the original books, luke, leia had kids, they became Jedi. The events in those books focused on those characters. Funny that JJ forgot that storyline existed. He can't have any white lead roles after all... Had to make his own storyline

Those aren't the original books and there's lots of other books written by various authors that further the story after RoTJ that follow completely different plots still involving the original main characters or their offspring which sometimes they have and sometimes they don't.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla
The claim was Abrahams couldn't cast a white lead. A 2 second glance at his filmography confirms this to be nonsense.
Do I think the phenomena exists? If this is the whites as the ones being oppressed phenomena then yes I am exactly trying to say it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i hate when these racists say things like this and not taken seriously.

Think of them as trolls now... UNTIL: opening day one of those trolls get a high caliber weapon and shoot some predominantly black theater in the name of 'white' storm troopers', and murders women and children, then it will be an atrocity...
and when we go back and check their tweeter feeds or facebook pages its all filled with tell tell signs of their supremacy psychosis... but they were just trolls... not people with some chemical imbalance with dark impulses.

then it will turn into a heated 'Gun control' debate or 'racial divide' in America.
yeah, we wont see it coming....
i need some vodka...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'm the one who said that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

How do you know these are even real people posting real things and not provocateurs or trolls?

How do you know everything you think you know is not just a program running on a CPU somewhere, including you?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

where did ketsuko mention aborigines, "very dark" obviously you know little of Aborigines

Here's a google image search for Aborigines. Here

Australia actually had a "breed out the colour" policy against the Aboriginals there. So the Aboriginals were probably even darker skinned in the past.
Breeding out the colour
‘Breed out the colour’ or the importance of being white

I think Aborigines were mentioned because Temuera Morrison, the guy who played Jango Fett, is of Māori, Scottish, and Irish descent.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: TheBulk

How do you know these are even real people posting real things and not provocateurs or trolls?

How do you know everything you think you know is not just a program running on a CPU somewhere, including you?

Wrong movie.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have to say, there are much better reasons to boycott Star Wars than any cast related displeasure the ignorant and the bigoted may associate with it. I would say that the fact that if Lucas had nothing to do with it, it does not count, would be a much better reason to avoid the thing like the plague. A multi-ethnic, diverse cast however? That is no reason at all. That is just moronic.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Lucas and Wife laughing straight to the bank at the expense of the you know whats..

link   
On a side note everyone ...

I had a look through the message traffic. I found a handful of accounts with generally between 5 - 60 favourites each per post, usually leaning towards the low end. The two most popular accounts are 'Lord Hummungus' and 'End Cultural Marxism.'

For every post those two are making there are 10 other posts with likes ranging from 20 to over 400 calling them out. I'm just going out on a limb here, but options are ...

1. We're being trolled (though Lord Hummungus is pretty mega dedicated to racism)
2. It's like I heard a thousand voices cry out and then were suddenly silenced ... when they realized they were all screaming at the same five people who attended Hitler's birthday party last year

So maybe it's more than five. One post got sixty or so likes so maybe it's even a few hundred. It's still such a tiny tiny tiny number compared to the opposing posts that I'm inevitably going to throw a shoe at my screen when Salon and Jezebel headline, 'white people angry at having their privilege stolen (again).'

P.S -- I did some more mining and it seems the racist tweets with the upvotes are generally related to the dislike of Jews. There is a whole other demographic involved there and I ain't touching it.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Pinke because: P.S

link   
What's quite strange I find. Is that this is a movie set in a galaxy far away with technology we haven't even imagined. We have wookies and ewoks, We can believe all that but some find it hard to stretch their imaginations to how a storm trooper could possibly be black. As if Han and Luke had no problem getting into a storm troopers outfits in Star Wars IV.
Racists are pretty stupid though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I get tired of saying what a dimwitted cesspool the Twitter world is. But here it is again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join