It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottStarWarsVII Trending On Twitter (Yes because there's black people in it)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
why arent these racist idiots banned from twitter? god forbid if someone said something to hurt caitlyn jenners feelings they would be banned instantly but this kind if drivel is allowed? really makes you wonder.
edit on 20-10-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
why arent these racist idiots banned from twitter? god forbid if someone said something to hurt caitlyn jenners feelings they would be banned instantly but this kind if drivel is allowed? really makes you wonder.

Because even racist as despicable as they are should have freedom of speech it is far more dangerous to have them hiding under ground cowering and plotting in dark places, let their thoughts see the daylight to wither and die in the sun.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
After seeing the new trailor , if starwars played any part in your childhood, you will be going to see this film. Even the racist twits will be their loving it. Only desplaying their ignorancefrom the comfort of the anonymity of Twitter

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
You would think that with all the stormtroopers the racists would be highly titillated, right?

One has to laugh.

The only thing missing is a NAZI flag and pointed white helmets to complete the KKK look lol!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Rey is for sure the main character but I'm betting Finn has a major role in the sequels and Rey is the villain

Actually.... Luke becomes dark for a time in the comics. I suspect dark empire will be the next storyline adapted after this one or at the end o f this tirlogy. rey will be as you say han solos daughter and finn will be a ordinary human instead though. Although he will be pretty skilled in some way. call it crouching tiger hidden bad-azz. Moving on though eventually Rey will have to go up against Luke and bring him back to his senses and succeed where he failed to bring his father back in time to the light side an d avoid his death. ALthough mark hamill might have a time also working on a new game by chris roberts called squadron 42 in the star lancer universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr let them miss out.....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It will probably end up being one of the highest grossing films of all time.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ya but will that be because of the following that star wars has and the sheer amount of people that will see it just because it is star wars? Or because it will actually be good?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: RainyState
I heard Trump wants a boycott on the new Star Wars. Something about the aliens if I remember correctly.....,

are you american?

I am. Why do you ask?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
wow if they already hate the movie because their racist butts don't like black folks in leading rolls imagine the wailing when they find out that all of the fight choreography, sword work and training, and half the actors doing the live action fight stunts are ......gasp!....MUSLIMS!!!! oh nooooos. better boycott the movie because there's a black guy and some weird foreign dudes named iko, cecep and yayan in the film.
edit on 20-10-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
remember all the people who said avatar was racist? Yet, they were given more respect then the star wars fans who are saying the new movie is racist.

did JJ Abrams say, I want a young male actor between the ages of 20-25 and held open casting calls and John Boyega was the best person? Did JJ say, I want a black guy between 20-25 and didn't look at anyone who wasn't black? If he was only looking at black people, when the color of the skin is not a factor in the story, then yeah, its racist and its fun to laugh at the indoctrinated who are sticking up for the racist casting decision. Sometimes race does make a difference in a story or character. Like the Latino people who were mad at Marvel for making Miss America to white in a video game, so Marvel made her darker.

If you honestly believe John Boyega was the best actor for the part, then go after the people who are saying star wars is racist. If you believe that the casting wasn't open, the cast a color over the best actor for the job, then star wars is getting everything it deserves.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's quite strange I find. Is that this is a movie set in a galaxy far away with technology we haven't even imagined. We have wookies and ewoks, We can believe all that but some find it hard to stretch their imaginations to how a storm trooper could possibly be black. As if Han and Luke had no problem getting into a storm troopers outfits in Star Wars IV.
Racists are pretty stupid though.

Level of racism does not correlate with level of intelligence. There are some very stupid people that happen to be racist, there are also some extremely intelligent people who happen to be racist too.

If you really believe most racist people have names like Cletus, are yokels/bogans/white trash living in trailer parks or rural areas where they attend Nazi rallies etc. then you have been watching too much TV/movies.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

There's no Sith in episode VII as far as we know now. Kylo Ren is a Knight of Ren, hence his last name.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KrisFromGenk

Technically you are correct. I should of said dark side force user. But not everyone has read the deeper Star Wars lore. So I thought going with Sith was better. Since there are no more Sith lords. Kylo Ren is a Knight of Ren. A school that probably descends from the Emperors inquisitor line of Sith, but that is just my opinion, we will learn more in the upcoming books and comics. Which if true, in a round about way would make him a Sith. Just not a Sith lord.

But I would say there is a good chance that Kylo Ren may end up becoming a new Sith Lord, in the rule of two, Darth Bane, Banite Sith tradition. Or if not him. I am sure someone will. Plus it is not like a Sith Lord can not come from an alternate force school, just look at Darth Tyranus. He was a Jedi before becoming Sith. And the Sith are known to lie and deceive.

But that is all just Star Wars geek stuff. To the majority of people he will be a Sith like Darth Vader. As I am assuming that most of the people who go see the movie will not have delved into the new extended universe.

edit on 21-10-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I liked AJ's typically reserved and measured analysis that this is the imminent destruction of manliness through the empowerment of a female character.

At least he has the sense to half heartedly make up gibberish to monetise his site hits from bandwagoning trending topics. Am kinda surprised they haven't brought out the yoda Berkey yet though.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Find another fictional universe to impose your frail sense of social justice upon

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
a reply to: Kali74

I honestly believe some people can't be taught anything..... Thankfully these airheads' opinion has no weight at all, except amongst themselves where they stand in a circle and pad eachother on a the back.

I think, even though episodes 1 and 2 were dead awful and episode 3 was awful only because Lucas directed Hayden poorly (and ofcourse the greenscreen), that episode 7,8 and 9 will be nothing less than amazing and epic.

Did you see the poster.... did you notice the planetary super weapon in the background? :O

Not just Hayden, the girl too. I'm not big on star wars but I've seen several thousand movies and I'll say one thing (I'm not a harsh critic either, easy to please)...that third episode was hours of the most awkward feeling I've ever been given by a film stemming from the single act of having to watch the disturbing, robotic, static, empty exchanges between two people I wouldn't be convinced loved each other if the fate of the universe depended on it...oh yea it did...ironic...
edit on 10/22/2015 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't even know where to begin with this. So I simply won't. I literally cannot begin to articulate everything I take issue with about the whole premise of this. My mind is paralyzed with weariness before I can even begin formulating a comment.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Quick question--maybe someone can answer this for me...

Isn't this all out of context? While some of these people probably are legitimately racists, might some of them be annoyed because Finn was written in the source material as a blue-eyed, blond-haired white male and JJ Abrams decided to cast him as a POC instead for the sole intention of casting a POC?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join