It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I don't want to outlaw anything. I just want people to think a bit more carefully before they carry their gun to places.

It's Arizona. Many still think they live In The Old West.

I'd bet most of this group does not live in Phoenix.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Hmm... Ok. I still think it is stupid to protest someone practicing their right to free religious practice, but if guns weren't involved they are just a group of morons letting Fox News and Brietbart dictate their opinions about Muslims. Still sucks, but the country already has plenty of morons like that. I'm not surprised such a thing occurred.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not sure what some of you are crying about but I had to drive by there to go to my dr. appt and didn't see one person waving or holding any guns now if they had them holstered I couldn't say I didn't stop to frisk them.

To all the haters don't come to Arizona it's so super scary.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Reallyfolks

I don't want to outlaw anything. I just want people to think a bit more carefully before they carry their gun to places.

It's Arizona. Many still think they live In The Old West.

I'd bet most of this group does not live in Phoenix.

Funny thing is that 10 times as many acts of homicide were committed prior to guns being around.....mostly edged weapons and clubs....but yeah, the wild west must have been terrifying because guns.....

So why are we talking about guns in a thread where the actual source mentions nothing about guns, only a second link from another source that references a different protest 5 months before the one in the title?

Wow....agenda has driven this thread to the dying point.
edit on 10/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

To all the haters don't come to Arizona it's so super scary.

Yep. Arizona's a different place.

Lots of people walking around with their gun and holster on. Just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So why are we talking about guns in a thread where the actual source mentions nothing about guns, only a second link from another source that references a different protest 5 months before the one in the title?

i don't know. A picture someone posted.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I just want to stay out of that state because of Sheriff Joe. Most corrupt sheriff on the books, but for some reason the people in Maricopa County love him so he keeps getting reelected.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What picture was used in the article?

None in the article on the story that was Sourced first. The source posted when the OP claimed they had guns has a picture that is from May. I posted the pic back in the first couple pages. 3 guys holding AR's....this is the pic the OP would have you believe was from the topic article....which it is not.

Nothing in the source says they had guns at this protest.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I just want to stay out of that state because of Sheriff Joe. Most corrupt sheriff on the books, but for some reason the people in Maricopa County love him so he keeps getting reelected.

You do know that there is more to Arizona then Maricopa county right?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yea, but I'd rather just stay away. Is that a problem? Arizona as a whole isn't friendly to my... habits.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Yea, but I'd rather just stay away. Is that a problem?

I would suppose it is no less of a problem than people wanting to stay away from Muslims for extremism?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What picture was used in the article?

None in the article on the story that was Sourced first. The source posted when the OP claimed they had guns has a picture that is from May. I posted the pic back in the first couple pages. 3 guys holding AR's....this is the pic the OP would have you believe was from the topic article....which it is not.

Nothing in the source says they had guns at this protest.

I changed my post. Someone posted a picture.

But, I've lived in AZ for 20 years (not Phoenix), guns are nothing unusual here.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

No one is forcing anyone to live together, but this thread is about protesting them. They certainly DO have the freedom of religion.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good lord no I actually support your decision.

What habits are not supported??
edit on 13-10-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good lord no I actually support your decision.

What habits are not supported??

I'm not telling. If you know my posting habits at all, you should know the answer already. If not, then too bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No one is forcing anyone to live together, but this thread is about protesting them. They certainly DO have the freedom of religion.

Sure....protest away. I don't really care one way or the other. Protesters don't ever really accomplish much in the US outside of raising anger levels and making headlines for the amount of damage done or trash left behind when the protest is big enough. Sure they raise "awareness" of things, and those things are typically forgotten soon after, until the next protest on the same subject happens and blah blah blah...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

True. I can't argue with that. But I'm certainly entitled to publicly shame them for protesting an ignorant topic.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

None of your business, but you're commenting on it.

I was engaging in conversation with you.

Or attempting to. You've weighed in on other topics, and on this one, so you obviously think your opinion is important enough to share.

But, no problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So it was important to protest the mosque of two terrorists ... but it's not important to protest because it doesn't mean anything?

Interesting

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't understand. My comments were on the nature of protest. To this specific protest, I didn't realize that you had to pick a side. I'm for all protest, not just the ones that I agree with.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join