It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Agreed.

Seeing the hatred that exists on all sides today is disheartening, wherever ones sees it originating.

I always go back to what would happen if every time someone protested or some racist group like the kkk or nation of Islam said or did something stupid they were relentlessly mocked and ridiculed. A lot of this stuff is designed to get a response, if that response was ridicule I bet things would change. But to me it's still important for this stuff to happen. Put your views and members actions on display for all to see.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So, if any criminal has attended any religious institution at any time for any duration ... that means all the other members are "fair game."

Yeah, nothing irrational about that.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Right. And I understand the ideas behind individual protection implicit in open carry.

Here's the real thing though: perhaps the protesters actually had some valid points.

Perhaps there is reason to be concerned about radical Islam in the US.

Threatening Americans, especially women and kids, with firearms doesn't do anything to "make that point" to me.

IN fact, it sends me in the opposite direction.

If we have religious freedom, it's religious freedom for all.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So your solution to this volatile situation is to have other people create more volatile situations? That can only end well...

Now the act of protesting is volatile???? I seem to remember this happening before and no one was hurt and some of the protestors even took the Muslims up on their offer to come in and pray in their mosque.

Well when you add guns to the equation, yes. Guns ALWAYS make a situation volatile. Because all it takes is for someone to let their emotions get the better of them and then people start get seriously injured or dead.

Guns only cause an issue if used. Guns being present only cause an issue for those who fear them.

And since not everyone can keep a level head when around guns, it creates a volatile situation. Thanks for proving my point. Emotions ALWAYS run high at protests. Heck the whole idea of protesting is fueled by a group's emotions being upset about something.

Guns only make a peaceful situation worse. Bringing them to a protest is a quick way to start a riot.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Got any sauce for the propaganda?

How are two dead nutbags 'propaganda'?

Usually when a person makes a claim they try to back it up with a source... I didn't see anything a cursory search of "Temple Tempe Mosque Extremists" so I honestly thought you were making BS up to fit your narrative. Anyways. They worshiped there "intermittently" so that's gotta be ground zero for fanatics...

Ah...moving the goal posts...they were only there a couple times so it COULDN'T be a real connection....

The Orgeon shooter had a fetish for gun. Guns are the problem it couldn't possibly be anything else time

Charleston church Shooter was from south Carolina... South Carolina has a lot of black people. Couldn't possibly be a real connection..

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian... Couldn't possibly be a real connection...CommonDreams

Grasping at straws here trying to make connections...

edit on 13-10-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

So not only do you speak for "most Americans"...

Before our eyes we see Europe crumbling under the weight of Islam ideology.

... But now for Europe as a whole, too.

Ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So your solution to this volatile situation is to have other people create more volatile situations? That can only end well...

Now the act of protesting is volatile???? I seem to remember this happening before and no one was hurt and some of the protestors even took the Muslims up on their offer to come in and pray in their mosque.

Well when you add guns to the equation, yes. Guns ALWAYS make a situation volatile. Because all it takes is for someone to let their emotions get the better of them and then people start get seriously injured or dead.

Guns only cause an issue if used. Guns being present only cause an issue for those who fear them.

And since not everyone can keep a level head when around guns, it creates a volatile situation. Thanks for proving my point. Emotions ALWAYS run high at protests. Heck the whole idea of protesting is fueled by a group's emotions being upset about something.

Guns only make a peaceful situation worse. Bringing them to a protest is a quick way to start a riot.

If we are trying to relate this protest to the one 5 months ago which obviously we are by posting a picture from the one in May and linking it to this one.

We ended with no riot, no property damage, no gun shots, and some protestors inside the mosque tpraying with Muslims. It ended up making some protestors and Muslims closer than before the protest. So if we base this on the last one we should see positives coming out.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Stay classy Arizona.

19 other cities had their own protests too.

It wasn't that long ago Muslims tried to murder people over cartoons. It wasn't long before that that many other Muslims killed innocent people for not being Muslim.

Also, it's so "right wing" to call out Christians and murder them. Isnt that something we always associate with the "right wing, hatred of Christians? Give me a break.
edit on 13-10-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So, if any criminal has attended any religious institution at any time for any duration ... that means all the other members are "fair game."

Yeah, nothing irrational about that.

No, but if two attended at the same time and were the ones perpetrating a terrorist act I would say that is a big cause for alarm. But yeah...anyone is welcome to stick their head in the sand and act like 2 coming out of the same mosque at the same time is just a coincidence I guess.

So....how many would it take all at once for YOU to be a bit inquisitive? 7 or 8?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Then he suggested that maybe we should call those who fit the bill, exactly what they are, which is "Radical Right-Wing Terrorists."

A great many of these shooters are left wingers, or neither left or right. Some of them have been black racists. Many, many of them have been extreme Muslims.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

After watching Europe deal with the Islamic problem, your right we are Islamaphobic. With really good reason. We can not tell the children who have been indoctornated to kill us, from the sweet little peaceful ones. We can not tell the difference between the terrorists and the peaceful ones. When they start wearing "Im a terrorist" buttons, Ill begin to trust them more.

The protesters were not trying to end Islam in America, they were telling them they better be peaceful.
edit on 13-10-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm not trying to say that EVERY protest that has protesters with guns is going to explode into a violent situation. An event being volatile doesn't mean it is violent. It just means that tensions are high and a few pushes in either direction can cause very bad things to happen.

There is no reason to need a gun at a peaceful protest anyways. Guns are the exact opposite of peaceful, no matter how they are used.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Got any sauce for the propaganda?

How are two dead nutbags 'propaganda'?

Usually when a person makes a claim they try to back it up with a source... I didn't see anything a cursory search of "Temple Tempe Mosque Extremists" so I honestly thought you were making BS up to fit your narrative. Anyways. They worshiped there "intermittently" so that's gotta be ground zero for fanatics...

Ah...moving the goal posts...they were only there a couple times so it COULDN'T be a real connection....

The Orgeon shooter had a fetish for gun. Guns are the problem it couldn't possibly be anything else time

Charleston church Shooter was from south Carolina... South Carolina has a lot of black people. Couldn't possibly be a real connection..

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian... Couldn't possibly be a real connection...CommonDreams

Grasping at straws here trying to make connections...

No..actually the only reason the connection was made is because the news reported it, which means someone else thought it was relevant because the TWO gunmen went there long enough to draw attention and actually KNOW people that worshiped there well enough they made statements about it.

But yeah....I must just be grasping at straws here.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Oh, and from the original source, yes I would say they have a valid reason to protest this particular mosque/community center seeing as how the two Islamic gunmen at the cartoon contest that were killed by police were active at this particular mosque/community center:

The May protest came about month after a shootout outside a Prophet Muhammad cartoon-drawing contest in a Dallas suburb. Two Phoenix men showed up at the event with assault rifles and were killed by police. The men formerly worshiped at the Phoenix mosque.

Remember when this happened and the left wingers in the media claimed the cartoonists asked for it?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Of course you would say it is a big cause for alarm, because you support these armed protestors.

I'm not surprised at all that is your sentiment.

My point was that the logic for intimidating these Americans is based on guilt by association.

Should we extend that? Should African Americans go protest outside of Dylan Roof's past churches, clubs, etc? Oh wait, he attended their church ... should they be protesting themselves?

/eyeroll emoticon desperately needed

More directly, I'm stating that there are some Americans who want to make sure that other Americans "know their place."

The problem with religious freedom is that it's risky.

Nutjobs, to use Reallyfolks' term, beget nutjobs.

edit on 10Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:57:25 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Let me try to whittle that down ... Are you saying that all American Muslims are extremists?

Direct me to my statement that led you to this conclusion?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm not trying to say that EVERY protest that has protesters with guns is going to explode into a violent situation. An event being volatile doesn't mean it is violent. It just means that tensions are high and a few pushes in either direction can cause very bad things to happen.

There is no reason to need a gun at a peaceful protest anyways. Guns are the exact opposite of peaceful, no matter how they are used.

Depends on how you define peace if guns are the opposite or not.

But I suppose these yahoos wouldn't be armed if previous events hadn't happened. But as long as laws are followed have at it. We will wake up tomorrow with no change more than likely

link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Let me try to whittle that down ... Are you saying that all American Muslims are extremists?

Direct me to my statement that led you to this conclusion?

It's not a conclusion, it's a question. See the squiggly mark at the end?

Are all American Muslims extremists? < --- Question

link   

So, it should have been super easy to get a link and back it up... Maybe even a quote.

Yeah, it is.

Members of a mosque the suspects attended, the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix, are in shock about what happened, said its president, Usama Shami.

Thanks, but it's a bit late dude. I have already updated my post like ten minutes ago... Just future reference...

Yeah, he's done deflecting and defending Muslim extremists since he has no leg to stand on now.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Are all American Muslims extremists? < --- Question

A great many of them are.

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

According to the just-released survey of Muslims, a majority (51%) agreed that “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” When that question was put to the broader U.S. population, the overwhelming majority held that shariah should not displace the U.S. Constitution (86% to 2%).

More than half (51%) of U.S. Muslims polled also believe either that they should have the choice of American or shariah courts, or that they should have their own tribunals to apply shariah. Only 39% of those polled said that Muslims in the U.S. should be subject to American courts.

These notions were powerfully rejected by the broader population according to the Center’s earlier national survey. It found by a margin of 92%-2% that Muslims should be subject to the same courts as other citizens, rather than have their own courts and tribunals here in the U.S.

Even more troubling, is the fact that nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”

Nearly one-fifth of Muslim respondents said that the use of violence in the United States is justified in order to make shariah the law of the land in this country.

It amazes me how much people on the left bitch and moan about Christians, but the slightest critique of Islam sends them in to defensive mode. What's the deal with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join