It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't understand. My comments were on the nature of protest. To this specific protest, I didn't realize that you had to pick a side. I'm for all protest, not just the ones that I agree with.

It is of no moment. I wasn't asking you to pick a side, I was simply asking you for your opinion.

You know "hey, what do you think about _____?"

No worries.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So it was important to protest the mosque of two terrorists ... but it's not important to protest because it doesn't mean anything?

Interesting

Sorry....can you please quote where I posted that it was important, or even mattered at all? Or that I was defending them in any way? I simply pointed out the agenda driven lie the OP made....

And no....I don't think protesting in the US does anything for anyone really. Can't remember the last time a protest in the US made a difference on a global level anywhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Were there guns at the protests in May?

You know, the one's linked in the article at the Houston Chronicle?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Were there guns at the protests in May?

You know, the one's linked in the article at the Houston Chronicle?

Yep....

Were there guns in the protest mentioned in the OP and that is the title of this thread? You know...the one in October in Phoenix....the one linked in the first source in the OP that the entire thread is about?
edit on 10/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah, you can't let it go that the protest in May had guns and that the OP referred to that as well. You have no evidence that there weren't guns at this protest as well. You have no evidence that there weren't guns at the 19 other locations either.

Nope, Fox News and the Houston Chronicle are just lying. You keep trying to dismiss the OP based on "agenda."

Your agenda is clear. You think the armed protests were important ... because who knows? There may be more of Them ...

Sure, I'll be glad to go back and quote you:

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Do you know the reason for this protest? It is because at the original PEACEFUL protest of Mohammed Cartoon drawing, 2 extremists from THIS VERY community center BROUGHT GUNS to kill people. I would say it is WELL within their rights to protest with guns here. It has already been shown that more than one extremist has come from this mosque/community center. Is it irrational to think there are others?

I would say it seems more like being cautious knowing extremists have come from this place and could be more armed inside.

Seems like you had strong feelings that these armed protesters had great reasons to protest on page 3 ...

It's okay; we evolve.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, you can't let it go that the protest in May had guns and that the OP referred to that as well. You have no evidence that there weren't guns at this protest as well. You have no evidence that there weren't guns at the 19 other locations either.

Nope, Fox News and the Houston Chronicle are just lying. You keep trying to dismiss the OP based on "agenda."

Your agenda is clear. You think the armed protests were important ... because who knows? There may be more of Them ...

Sure, I'll be glad to go back and quote you:

Do you know the reason for this protest? It is because at the original PEACEFUL protest of Mohammed Cartoon drawing, 2 extremists from THIS VERY community center BROUGHT GUNS to kill people. I would say it is WELL within their rights to protest with guns here. It has already been shown that more than one extremist has come from this mosque/community center. Is it irrational to think there are others?

I would say it seems more like being cautious knowing extremists have come from this place and could be more armed inside.

Seems like you had strong feelings that these armed protesters had great reasons to protest on page 3 ...

It's okay; we evolve.

Here...I will quote the OP because you seem to have a MAJOR issue with rational thinking:

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Yea, real classy. I mean it was only afew days ago that a kid with rightwing leanings shot up a college in Arizona but these folks feel it necessary to go harassing muslims again. I love it how the rally organizer claims he's not against muslims, but he opposes their ideology. I mean they were protesting outside a Mosque, so what? He doesn't mind the muslims so long as they aren't muslims? Does that make sense? It's too bad this guy is completely clueless about the constitution and the rights afforded to citizens and residents in America.

Ah yes they came with automatic rifles as well.... lovely. Harassing and intimidating others:
www.houstonchronicle.com...

Stay classy Arizona.

19 other cities had their own protests too.

So...the OP specifically is talking about the October protests. Then states :

Ah yes they came with automatic rifles as well.... lovely. Harassing and intimidating others:
www.houstonchronicle.com...

And links to a source article that has a picture of people with guns from a rally 5 months earlier and mentions nothing about nor has any other pictures about guns being present at the rally from the original source or being talked about. That is what Agenda is all about.

As far as your thinking I am defending them...that is your own opinion. I could care less if they protest or not. I was pointing out their reasoning for doing so...not defending, but you seem to be able to skew things however you would like to perceive them so keep on rolling with that.

I am not sure how much more I can post to show you just how wrong you are and how ignorant your argument is making you look at this point.

Even the OP has dropped this dead thread, yet here you are defending a poorly cited and agenda driven, biased piece turd of a thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm the one with problems thinking rationally ... let's not stoop to stupid pranks like that.

You have an agenda here and so do I. You want to portray the OP as a liar, and I'm pointing out that ... there are guns at a "Muslim protest."

I have personally acknowledged that the protest noted in OP's second link was from May.

It is from May at another "Muslim protest" at which folks are certainly carrying weapons.

That article notes, as I copied to you earlier, that similar protests were scheduled for October (first link.)

So, even though you really really want to ignore that, it's fact.

Now ... stop here and let's take it slow ... were they carrying weapons at the protest in May?

Yes they were. You noted earlier that you don't think that the photos were faked.

Is carrying weapons at a "peaceful protest" part of the problem that the OP is pointing to?

Yes, they are. You want to ignore that there are weapons at the protest in May, and you want to claim knowledge that there were no weapons at the one in October ... linked to the first ones, apparently planned by the same group.

Neither of us has any problems with rationality; you're just trying to discredit the OP when the truth is right there for all of us to see.

And, by the way, apparently you thought the armed protests were pretty important earlier in the thread.

I quoted you.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just as a little aside:

On October 9 and 10, a group calling itself the Global Rally for Humanity plans anti-Islam rallies nationwide. It's a stunning display of prejudice against Muslims.

The is the funniest non-sequitur I've seen in a while, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. Islam is a religion, not a muslim nor any person.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Just as a little aside:

On October 9 and 10, a group calling itself the Global Rally for Humanity plans anti-Islam rallies nationwide. It's a stunning display of prejudice against Muslims.

The is the funniest non-sequitur I've seen in a while, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. Islam is a religion, not a muslim nor any person.

Who are the people who would be negatively affected by a protest against their religion of Islam?

That's right, Muslims ... people who are adherents of Islam. Seems logical.

Any criticism will do, I guess.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who are the people who would be negatively affected by a protest against their religion of Islam?

That's right, Muslims ... people who are adherents of Islam. Seems logical.

Any criticism will do, I guess.

That wasn't argument though, was it.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just wonder what the reaction would be if a group of American Muslims decided to peacefully protest outside of a Christian church, carrying guns for "protection". Hmmm....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I just wonder what the reaction would be if a group of American Muslims decided to peacefully protest outside of a Christian church, carrying guns for "protection". Hmmm....

Would love to see that.

Just for the reaction.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You're noting a caption under a photograph. Did you take that as "an argument"?

I took it as a comment.

Your charge was lack of logic ... let's see.

Comment regarded people protesting Islam, Muslims are people who practice Islam, who would be harmed by people protesting their religion?

Eureka, Muslims.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Would love to see that.

Just for the reaction.

And I'd love the see the reaction of pro-2nd Amendment folks if someone started handing out free guns to American Muslims who were US citizens.

"And YOU get a gun, and YOU get a gun...everyone gets a gun!"

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm the one with problems thinking rationally ... let's not stoop to stupid pranks like that.

You have an agenda here and so do I. You want to portray the OP as a liar, and I'm pointing out that ... there are guns at a "Muslim protest."

Like I said...the OP is specifically talking about the protest in October then references a protest in May to make a point (bias and agenda)....show me an article that states the protest the OP is posting about had armed protesters. Pretty simple.

Outside of that, I will say again that your rational thinking is skewed.....no stupid pranks here.

I could care less who protests what....protest all you want about anything you want. You won't make a difference other than to be on the news if your protest is big enough. Bring guns if you want, don't bring guns if you want...does not matter.

But please, don't skew a story with old pictures and a guess that the protest is going to have guns.

Hell, that second link is a story that was written prior to the protest even happening and is just a guess that people will bring guns.

I will take a guess that a Muslim will attack and kill someone in the next day....I guess I would be just as correct as your assumptions about this story?

I am really unsure as to why I am even still posting in this thread as the OP has obviously abandoned it after realizing the obvious blunder made in the citing of sources.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And I'd love the see the reaction of pro-2nd Amendment folks if someone started handing out free guns to American Muslims who were US citizens.

Handing out guns is illegal (but I think I knew where you were going). However if any of my fellow citizens, be they Muslim or otherwise, wanted a firearm I would 100% support their Second Amendment rights.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

We can ponder all day long.

I wonder what the world would be like if there was no religion for religious idiots to argue and kill each other over? My invisible magic godman is the ONLY invisible magic godman so YOU must die.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Handing out guns is illegal (but I think I knew where you were going). However if any of my fellow citizens, be they Muslim or otherwise, wanted a firearm I would 100% support their Second Amendment rights.

Hell...I would be converting if they were only handing them out to Muslims. I like guns and a free one is even better....well, depending on what it is, but it's still free!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

We can ponder all day long.

Oh, I don't have to ponder too much. I know EXACTLY what the reaction of the non-Muslim Americans would be - and it wouldn't be pretty.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thinking that would be suicide for the Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join