It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I see a time when the only protest acceptable will be against things everyone agrees with, which eliminates the entire concept of protest to begin with. People will probably be offended by this protest, and I think being offended is now a capital crime in America.

So gathering with guns outside an American place of worship is ... a-ok with you?

What is being "protested" ... Americans exercising another faith?

Is religious freedom for all Americans? Or not?

I admit I'm confused about what the protesters are protesting, but it seems to me that it's a group of folks who want to intimidate others with firearms.

That's not a productive use of Constitutional freedoms, whether the reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Were there protesters outside an Arizona mosque, or not?

I don't think OP is the agenda-driven one here.

Sure, just like there are protest related to something about everyday in this country. Welcome. As long as no one is physically hurt even things such as spit on. Ok, it's just another protest. The people that are funny are the ones who will fight for some people protesting if they agree with the issue. Others are wrong for protesting if they don't like the issue they are protesting. Like free speech, you are a supporter or your not. Picking and choosing based on if you agree with it is droll as best. People like that have no credibility and should not be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Were there protesters outside an Arizona mosque, or not?

I don't think OP is the agenda-driven one here.

Not really sure....the source cited by FOX (OP Source) says it was outside of a Community Center....are mosques considered community centers?

And yes, agenda driven would be posting that they were there with guns, which they weren't as shown in the pic I posted that the OP referenced and sourced. That pic was taken in May, so the sources are biased and trying to make headlines....I would say that is agenda driven.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

So, okay for a group of Satanists to gather outside of First Baptist screaming and waving firearms?

As I said, sure it's Constitutional ... freedom of speech, to assemble, right to bear firearms ... but what's the point?

What's the POINT being made. Protests have POINTS.

What's the POINT here: "Muslims be afraid?"

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I see a time when the only protest acceptable will be against things everyone agrees with, which eliminates the entire concept of protest to begin with. People will probably be offended by this protest, and I think being offended is now a capital crime in America.

So gathering with guns outside an American place of worship is ... a-ok with you?

What is being "protested" ... Americans exercising another faith?

Is religious freedom for all Americans? Or not?

I admit I'm confused about what the protesters are protesting, but it seems to me that it's a group of folks who want to intimidate others with firearms.

That's not a productive use of Constitutional freedoms, whether the reason.

There were NO guns at the protest reported. The OP was incorrect as the pic sourced by the OP was from MAY, not OCTOBER.

Agenda agenda agenda.....try reading the caption under a sourced pic before using it....I posted it and it CLEARLY says May.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So, okay for a group of Satanists to gather outside of First Baptist screaming and waving firearms?

As I said, sure it's Constitutional ... freedom of speech, to assemble, right to bear firearms ... but what's the point?

Again....no guns here so your point is moot.

If you are going to argue a point, at least research it a bit so you can argue without being incorrect.
edit on 10/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Often, as I understand it, community centers serve as gathering points for religious services, particularly in minority religions in this country.

(I'll admit, the details of religious services and how they are held is not my forte.)

From the second OP link that you disagreed with ... I find this information:

Anti-Islam protesters carry weapons during a demonstration near an Islamic Community Centre in Phoenix, Ariz., on May 29, 2015. Similar rallies are planned around the U.S. on Oct. 9 and 10.

On October 9 and 10, a group calling itself the Global Rally for Humanity plans anti-Islam rallies nationwide. It's a stunning display of prejudice against Muslims.

Do you have evidence that the same people didn't participate in the same kind of protest? Or was that just a quibble to point out?

link   

Have at it. No one hurt, property not damaged and so on. It wasn't right for the Baptist group to protest solider funerals either. But it was legal and they did nothing wrong. I may not like it, but I do support it. I may not like what someone says but I support their right to say. Difference between supporting these things and being a partisan extremist nut job

link   

Did you offer evidence that there were no guns at the protest under discussion?

Seems like you're making claims you have no backup for, speaking of research.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh, and from the original source, yes I would say they have a valid reason to protest this particular mosque/community center seeing as how the two Islamic gunmen at the cartoon contest that were killed by police were active at this particular mosque/community center:

The May protest came about month after a shootout outside a Prophet Muhammad cartoon-drawing contest in a Dallas suburb. Two Phoenix men showed up at the event with assault rifles and were killed by police. The men formerly worshiped at the Phoenix mosque.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So, in your mind, valid protests are also intimidation techniques?

I've stated repeatedly the the protest was strictly Constitutional.

I don't support intimidating religious minorities with guns, however, or in any other way.

And I guess "partisan extremist nutjobs" are as "partisan extremist nutjobs" do ... waving guns outside a religious event seems more than a bit extremist to me.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Oh, and from the original source, yes I would say they have a valid reason to protest this particular mosque/community center seeing as how the two Islamic gunmen at the cartoon contest that were killed by police were active at this particular mosque/community center:

The May protest came about month after a shootout outside a Prophet Muhammad cartoon-drawing contest in a Dallas suburb. Two Phoenix men showed up at the event with assault rifles and were killed by police. The men formerly worshiped at the Phoenix mosque.

So ... protesting over dead people?

Yeah ... I suppose. Sure.

(Any evidence yet that there were no firearms at the event? )

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Did you offer evidence that there were no guns at the protest under discussion?

Seems like you're making claims you have no backup for, speaking of research.

There is no mention of guns at the protests in any of the links the OP uses. The OP uses a source saying there WERE guns by citing a picture from May.

I would say burden of proof is to show there were, but hey, I don't have an agenda here....OP obviously does citing incorrect sources.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So ... protesting over dead people?

Yeah ... I suppose. Sure.

(Any evidence yet that there were no firearms at the event? )

Protesting a place where 2 gunmen worshiped? Sure, I would say that is pretty legit.

Any evidence there WERE firearms as claimed in the OP yet? I don't need to use stock photos for my stories....what a load of agenda driven crap.

Like I said....your argument is moot as you are arguing something you are taking from an incorrect source.....makes you look bad and in poor form.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There is, however, a connection between the two events.

Besides that ... the photo does note protesters with guns outside a religious event and that protest is linked to the one in October.

Since you don't know either way, why quibble and pretend that you do?

If in May or in October ... are guns really productive at a "protest"?

That's the issue. Care to address?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

LOL ... round and round we go.

You made the claim there were no guns at the October event. Source?

Again, I ask ... protesting what? Dead men? What is being protested?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Islam is a religion and not exempt from critique and protest. People can be opposed to a religious ideology, its tenets, without opposing its adherents.

link   

LOL ... round and round we go.

You made the claim there were no guns at the October event. Source?

Again, I ask ... protesting what? Dead men? What is being protested?

OP made the claim there were and cited a pic from May. Not my burden to prove there weren't when the OP's claim doesn't hold and there are no stories stating otherwise. If there were guns it would have been reported....you think they will report that nobody had guns? Ridiculous...just as much as the OP agenda story.

Not going to argue in a childlike manner with someone that is obviously easily swayed by crap sourcing....not worth the time.
edit on 10/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   

So, in your mind, valid protests are also intimidation techniques?

I've stated repeatedly the the protest was strictly Constitutional.

I don't support intimidating religious minorities with guns, however, or in any other way.

And I guess "partisan extremist nutjobs" are as "partisan extremist nutjobs" do ... waving guns outside a religious event seems more than a bit extremist to me.

/shrug

I'm sure you can show me people waving guns and intimidation. Here's a clue. Intimidation only works if you allow it to. Been protest of intimidation throughout history. Don't have to like them. But I do support them. The moment we only support based on what we approve of is the day we will start losing all of it. If you support any type of protest they must all be supported or don't be surprised to wake up one day and no longer be able to.

And yes it is nut job partisanship. Regardless, the protests are happening. I expect no one hurt, I expect no property damage and tomorrow we will wake up and nothing will have changed. Maybe wrong but we will see.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I would say burden of proof is to show there were, but hey, I don't have an agenda here....OP obviously does citing incorrect sources.

Not that I want to argue with you ... but you do realize that OP's first source is Fox News, right?

Are you saying their report was incorrect in some way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join