It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Let me try to whittle that down ... Are you saying that all American Muslims are extremists?

Direct me to my statement that led you to this conclusion?

It's not a conclusion, it's a question. See the squiggly mark at the end?

To answer you question, I need to know what statement I made, that made you think your question is necessary.

Are all American Muslims extremists? < --- Question

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Why?

Is it a hard question?

Reason: I'm curious. Go.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Of course you would say it is a big cause for alarm, because you support these armed protestors.

I'm not surprised at all that is your sentiment.

My point was that the logic for intimidating these Americans is based on guilt by association.

Should we extend that? Should African Americans go protest outside of Dylan Roof's past churches, clubs, etc? Oh wait, he attended their church ... should they be protesting themselves?

/eyeroll emoticon desperately needed

More directly, I'm stating that there are some Americans who want to make sure that other Americans "know their place."

The problem with religious freedom is that it's risky.

Nutjobs, to use Reallyfolks' term, beget nutjobs.

You're still only arguing from the standpoint of a single shooter/suspect being involved.

Having TWO from the same place is much different....it is now TWICE as likely there are more. It is no longer a lone act. It is, by definition, a criminal conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm not arguing, I'm asking.

What of the other 19 events that happened the same day?

Were they also all outside of questionable facilities aka centers of guilt by association?

I mean, if it's to be a numbers game and all.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Who are the radical terrorists?

The ones who walk into a school, ask you what religion you are, when you say 'Christian', shoots you in the head.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Hey, it's their right to have the gun. We can't strip them away; I just think that they are bringing something that can only make the situation worse if it is taken out and used. In other words, it's a boneheaded decision and they are morons.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Why?

Is it a hard question?

Reason: I'm curious. Go.

Yes it is a hard question. You are asking me a question based on something I said.

I for the life of me, can't see where in anything I said, would make you even think to ask the question you asked.

So I am curious. What did I say that made you feel it was necessary to ask me that question?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFlya reply to: Southern Guardian

Usama Shami, president of the Islamic
Community Center said, rally organizers are displaying their bigotry

well...you can call it bigotry...but people evidently have feelings. In the land of the free...they are allowed to express verbally their feelings on the matter.

And to be fair. Our government spends a lot of time and money fostering this suspicion and hate, in the American people.

We are still having to line up 2 hours before a fight, take off our shoes and walk through a x-ray scanner, just to get on a plane. Why? Because our government has convinced us that we need this, and an over the top Homeland Security department to protect us from these radicals.

So don't blame the people. They have every right to be concerned. Our government told us we have to be concerned.

And one of the oddest things about this is the cognitive dissonance here and that these people buying into the fear being perpetrated in them by the government are rhe very ones playing into their hands?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't get it. It's okay to protest against Muslim extremist, with guns!, but it's not okay for black people to rally together and protest police violence, brutality and victimization.

Talk about hypocrites, jeez.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm not arguing, I'm asking.

What of the other 19 events that happened the same day?

Were they also all outside of questionable facilities aka centers of guilt by association?

I mean, if it's to be a numbers game and all.

No idea....the only one this thread has reported on and talked about is the one outside this facility (Note: It is actually the very TITLE of this thread). If you would like to argue the others then by all means start a thread and argue them.

Numbers game doesn't matter.....facts are that 2 known extremists came from this very mosque at the same time with the intent to kill a lot of people.
edit on 10/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
I don't get it. It's okay to protest against Muslim extremist, with guns!, but it's not okay for black people to rally together and protest police violence, brutality and victimization.

Wrong again

Dozens of heavily armed Black Panthers rallied at a Texas jail Wednesday to protest the jail cell death of Sandra Bland — and oinked their anger at police.

“Oink, oink! Bang, bang!” the group chanted during the nonviolent rally in front of the Waller County Jail in Hempstead. “The revolution has come! Off the pigs!”

nice try to draw racism into it though, and uhh btw nothing happened , and no one shot them or acted violently against them

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie I don't get it. It's okay to protest against Muslim extremist, with guns!, but it's not okay for black people to rally together and protest police violence, brutality and victimization.

I don't believe people ever really think about what is creating their anger. Most of the time it is a knee-jerk reaction to something they may not fully understand.

It becomes compounded when those that do have an agenda, use the people who are actually involved with the problem, to further their agenda. It becomes complicated when governments and businesses get in the mix, to further muddy the waters, to assure themselves a positive outcome.

I don't like talking about religion because I believe it is a tool. An amazing and supper efficient tool, that has been used effectively throughout history, to manipulate and control the masses.

Two sure fire triggers to get the people ready to kill each other is race and religion.

When you see the media pull out those two cards, be on the lookout for the prestidigitation.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I see a time when the only protest acceptable will be against things everyone agrees with, which eliminates the entire concept of protest to begin with. People will probably be offended by this protest, and I think being offended is now a capital crime in America.

So gathering with guns outside an American place of worship is ... a-ok with you?

What is being "protested" ... Americans exercising another faith?

Is religious freedom for all Americans? Or not?

I admit I'm confused about what the protesters are protesting, but it seems to me that it's a group of folks who want to intimidate others with firearms.

That's not a productive use of Constitutional freedoms, whether the reason.

Why does it have to be "ok" with me? It's none of my business!

Why do we need to "approve" of every protest? So people are protesting. Big deal. Let them protest, then they go home, everyone else goes home and calls it a day!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Was this an organized protest with permits?

Pretty sure blacks can have an organized protest with permits against police violents.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

See above, it was even outside a police station and they were carrying weapons

No arrests, no violence

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hey, it's their right to have the gun. We can't strip them away; I just think that they are bringing something that can only make the situation worse if it is taken out and used. In other words, it's a boneheaded decision and they are morons.

If we could out law morons 60% of our population would be illegal and democrats and republicans would never hold office again, plus we would have very few children born as a ton of people aren't smart enough to walk and chew gum let alone have kids
edit on 13-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To everyone here who says they shouldn't be protesting. . . .

One day you may want to protest against something you dislike. One day I may want to protest something I dislike. If we don't defend every freedom to protest, then we're all screwed.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I don't want to outlaw anything. I just want people to think a bit more carefully before they carry their gun to places.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't want to outlaw anything. I just want people to think a bit more carefully before they carry their gun to places.

Is what it is. As long as they follow the laws, no one and no property are hurt, and no mosques are looted..have at it.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Nobody was hurt. There are not even reports of guns being at this protest. There are reports of them at prior events, but not this one.

The OP was simply misguiding by trying to intentionally misrepresent this event as being the one he sourced a picture from that was from an event in May. Disingenuous and biased junk thread really.

I am all for people arguing points, but at least get the facts straight. Not even the OP FOX news source said anything about guns....yet here everyone is, arguing about guns.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join