It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t
So you asked for something and did not get it?
You are probably on the naughty list.

I see. When backed into a corner, deflect with some irrelevant nonsense. Way to make me believe your words even less. I know you're trying to be funny here, but you are hurting your case by doing so.

You do not have what it takes to back me in a corner

Just what exactly am I deflecting from?

A request you made to cite actions of hate filled atheist
no thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Annee

Jesus is a specific religion. That creates a problem.

My granddaughters elementary school puts on a secular Holiday play. So I know it can be done.

It's not really a problem when it is voluntary.

Voluntary? By who?

If I'm Jewish, atheist, Muslim I am not going to welcome Christianity displayed in public school.

That's pretty narrow minded imo. I'm agnostic and Christian stuff doesn't bother me. Nor Jewish. Not familiar enough with Islam to not be offended by theirs. THAT is the problem today. People just have to be offended by something. Grow up.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yep, ignorance.

I really have no agenda other than I wish the Right-Wing pansies would man-up, grow a pair and quit crying about always being the victim. No one is after you religion, we just want constitutional principles to be upheld. But, of course, that principles are up for interpretation based on how you feel about a particular issues.

This is just more of the same ole "boo hoo, my religion is being persecuted because I cannot shove it down people's throats anymore".

link   

You made a claim, I want you to back it up. Otherwise, to me, you are a liar.

link   
All those who want to take Christmas away from the kids, shame on you, just shame on you!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Voluntary? By who?

If I'm Jewish, atheist, Muslim I am not going to welcome Christianity displayed in public school.

But, there is majority bullying. I'm not going to speak up and let my kid take the brunt. I will go to the outside contacting the ACLU.

My favorite part of the holidays is when my Muslim and Hindu friends at work wish me, an atheist, a Merry Christmas. It makes me smile. I see nothing in the world to be offended by here...on anyone's part. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The Constitution is setup to protect the minority from the will of the majority.

Again no

Just your version

Our country can not sustain all the changes being made on a whim because a few get butt hurt so they make anti butt hurt laws

That is not how it works but is definitely how you want it to work

You can not punish the majority because of a few nonbelieving crybaby's

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Reflection

a reply to: Reflection

It's truly remarkable how so many Christians reject the importance of the separation between church and state. They don't seem to realize that it protects them from their public schools imposing Islam or other religious traditions on them.

So we should sick the state on some children doing a voluntary play with religious elements on account of some principle that isn't even in the constitution?

It is in the constitution. The first ammendment. And the Supreme Court ruled that such things are a violation of the establishment clause.

The separation of church and state is there to protect everyone including Christians. If you are that passionate about religion being practiced at school then send your kids to a private school. I don't get what is so difficult to understand here.

Again, if it was some other religion being displayed you guys would throw a fit about it. The double standard is ridiculous.

So did the founders celebrate Christmas? Did their children learn or celebrate anything that is Christian in school?

Ok, now you're just being ignorant. The answer to those questions are completely irrelevant.

Perhaps
but not if while the founders were writing their kids were at school decorating a tree
that would have relevance

I missed the part in the constitution that said the people must adhere to what the Founding Father's kids were doing in the late 1700's.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Voluntary? By who?

But, there is majority bullying. I'm not going to speak up and let my kid take the brunt. I will go to the outside contacting the ACLU.

My favorite part of the holidays is when my Muslim and Hindu friends at work wish me, an atheist, a Merry Christmas. It makes me smile. I see nothing in the world to be offended by here...on anyone's part. But that's just me.

Bwahahahaha..... That can throw you. Usual response is, "To you as well" but they don't celebrate Christmas. "Thank you" works.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You made a claim, I want you to back it up. Otherwise, to me, you are a liar.

Obviously I am cool with that

your deflection attempts of pics or it did not happen are weak

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I would've thought the Constitution also protects the majority from the minority as well.

I really want to post grinch quotes and images of him carrying off a tree.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well then you've admitted that facts aren't really important to you when you form opinions. I guess propaganda is more important to you then.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: buster2010

" Yes just shut up and accept it being forced on you. "

Really buster , you want some Cheese with that Whine ? People who Constantly Cry about being Offended about something so utterly Trivial to Most other people need to get a Freakin' Life . This is America , where Freedom of Expression is Excepted by Everyone .

Oh grow up. The people who are whining a the idiots crying their yearly war on Christmas lie because they can't have their way.
edit on 8640000001931America/ChicagoFri, 09 Oct 2015 14:45:19 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reflection

a reply to: Reflection

It's truly remarkable how so many Christians reject the importance of the separation between church and state. They don't seem to realize that it protects them from their public schools imposing Islam or other religious traditions on them.

So we should sick the state on some children doing a voluntary play with religious elements on account of some principle that isn't even in the constitution?

It is in the constitution. The first ammendment. And the Supreme Court ruled that such things are a violation of the establishment clause.

The separation of church and state is there to protect everyone including Christians. If you are that passionate about religion being practiced at school then send your kids to a private school. I don't get what is so difficult to understand here.

Again, if it was some other religion being displayed you guys would throw a fit about it. The double standard is ridiculous.

So did the founders celebrate Christmas? Did their children learn or celebrate anything that is Christian in school?

Ok, now you're just being ignorant. The answer to those questions are completely irrelevant.

Perhaps
but not if while the founders were writing their kids were at school decorating a tree
that would have relevance

I missed the part in the constitution that said the people must adhere to what the Founding Father's kids were doing in the late 1700's.

yea it is top secret files

the point is that many in this world and on the thread seek to remove much from schools that was present at the time of founding and we made it a couple centuries with those traditions and now a few believe they are right in trying to destroy everything Christian and they forget that while removing Christianity from our lives they also begin to erode our morals.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Constitution is setup to protect the minority from the will of the majority.

Again no

Just your version

Man, your civics education is SERIOUSLY lacking.
Majority Rule and Minority Rights

In every genuine democracy today, majority rule is both endorsed and limited by the supreme law of the constitution, which protects the rights of individuals. Tyranny by minority over the majority is barred, but so is tyranny of the majority against minorities.

Our country can not sustain all the changes being made on a whim because a few get butt hurt so they make anti butt hurt laws

That is not how it works but is definitely how you want it to work

You can not punish the majority because of a few nonbelieving crybaby's

You clearly don't know how our Constitution works.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

For the same reason the 10 commandments cannot be on state property; equal application and Separation of Church and State. Tradition is irrelevant.

A nativity scene is nothing like the 10 commandments. According to Lynch vs. Donnelly, such a decoration does not express any government advocacy of a "purposeful or surreptitious effort to express some kind of subtle governmental advocacy of a particular religious view". And the Constitution "affirmatively mandates accommodation, not merely tolerance of all religions, and forbids hostility toward any."

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well then you've admitted that facts aren't really important to you when you form opinions. I guess propaganda is more important to you then.

BS
I admitted that I am not going to provide you with a bunch of useless numbers of the war on Christmas when if you would take a different view on this thread it is evidence in itself.

it happens all the time and your ignorance does not stop it

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Kind of like your whining on page one about stores and presumably their displays and music and how it's forced upon you?

Not getting their way? Wow.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

the point is that many in this world and on the thread seek to remove much from schools that was present at the time of founding

BS! Christmas wasn't even recognized by the government as a holiday until 1870 and the congress even worked on Christmas day.

Christmas was not celebrated the same when then, as it was today. Please research before you make silly statements.

a few believe they are right in trying to destroy everything Christian and they forget that while removing Christianity from our lives they also begin to erode our morals.

Ahh yes. Many of us wish to take away your religion and traditions that we even participate in to erode the moral fabric of this nation. This great moral fabric that stomps over each other to get that Black Friday deal on a big screen or gets in to fist fights because that other person just took the last PS4.

Yay Christmas and the morals it brings.

edit on 9-10-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They should not have a live nativity scene at the school. Unless they are willing to represent all religions in the Christmas show, the nativity has no place.

I say that not because I hate Christmas or Christians, but because the schools should remain secular and not give preference to one religion or another.

Sadly, such a simple concept will be missed by many. They will whine and cry and say we are trying to wage war or Christmas...again....just like last year.....and the year before.

Do they have images of that mushroom peddling shaman that we refer to as Santa Claus, with his all so friendly flying reindeer...(probably flying high hullicinating on the mushrooms)?

Oh and I really do love the way they decided to turn the yule log tradition into killing the entire trees. In a way it is symbolic of christ also isn't it? I mean we kill the poor things, drag them into our homes, and dress their dead bodies to make them look beautiful for a short season. Just like they killed christ and made his murder into a beautiful sacrifice accompanied with nice new doctrines.

American Christmases are a mishmash of traditions from many cultures with their true meaning swept away with time. It's the time to celebrate the winter soltice, to begin to shelter in place for the long cold winter. A time of peace, a time to give to exchange gifts (or magical mushrooms). A time to slow down from the hard work of planting, sowing, and reaping the crops, and enjoy time with your family. It's a shame we lost those true meanings of the holiday season and turned it into a consumer driven nightmare that begins even before the autumn solstice celebration is over with is gradually becoming a great life or death competition to see who is most fit to score that cheap piece of crap at the lowest bargain price!

Too bad Santa didn't bring use a few mushrooms to find under the sacrificed tree in the morning, because if after all the stress of navigating the stores to buy a bunch of crap we don't need a great escape from life, we certainly will when we open our credit card statements!!!

Why add to the stress by waging wars over nativity scenes?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join