It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

We can't have that people being happy stuff. If someone somewhere is smiling, especially a child, it must mean someone somewhere else has been WRONGED and that aggression will not stand, man!

Night of the Radishes excepted.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Quite frankly dude, you are the only one that is twisting the wording of the Constitution. It AIN'T gonna happen. "Freedom of religion".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
yet it is already happening and will persist and grow in strength

your answer to the tyranny is for a person to move if it happens

anyway the wind blows

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The same people who cry "War on Christmas" are often the same ones who have a huge dislike of other religions.

It's called hypocrisy and it's more popular than ice cream in July.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then you wouldn't mind if another monument sat beside all those ten commandment monuments that had something like this on it:

Not at all. I think it best to keep all superstitions in one place anyways.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The report was about Concord High School in Elkhart, Indiana, which is being sued by the Freedom From Religion Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union over a live Nativity scene featured in its annual Christmas show.

Yell well I guess some people think religion just might rub off on them.

In the Christmas spirit.

A lump a coal to all, and to all good nite.

Yule Tide Greetings from Saint Neo

edit on 9-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

How much perceived wrong is worth the heartbreak of a child though? Ask yourself that question everyday when you wake up right?

Christmas, I defend you!

edit on 9-10-2015 by Jonjonj because: words, they are so interesting

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How dare you pass out coal.

You should pass out a green-energy friendly alternative... and not in the Christmas spirit either. You must sell it.

edit on 10/9/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: yeahright

How much perceived wrong is worth the heartbreak of a child though? Ask yourself that question everyday when you wake up right?

Christmas, I defend you!

Yeah because nothing says, "Your life doesn't suck" like one day a year.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A creche? In a school!!??!?!? Oh, the horror!

Quick, somebody invert a crucifix in a glass of urine and summon an Ivy League professor!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
The same people who cry "War on Christmas" are often the same ones who have a huge dislike of other religions.

Even worse, many of the ones on the right crying "War on Christmas" are the same ones who have a huge dislike for other Christians. Most Hispanic people and African Americans are Christians, about 10% of all Palestinians are Christians, and roughly half of all Russians are Christians. But these same people don't seem to care about the Christmas situations for these fellow Christians.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: neo96

How dare you pass out coal.

You should pass out a green-energy friendly alternative... and not in the Christmas spirit either. You must sell it.

He doesn't believe in Free, renewable, pollution Free energy. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Even if that were the case, you would want to take THE ONE from me? How barbarous are you?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
That perception is solely due to the fact that is how you see it and how you 'celebrate' it.

For enlightenment on how others view Christmas, head to your local churches on that eve and day and see the attendance. The families that travel across the nations to be with their loved ones. Feel the peace and goodwill on that day. It exists. It is palpable.

The rest? Sure. Ignoring the positives though, diminishes the soul....

I don't celebrate it. I have a standing policy with friends and family to not get me any gifts for Christmas and in return I don't get them gifts. I do travel during that time of year to visit family that lives further away however, but it being over Christmas specifically is more a matter of scheduling convenience than recognition of the holiday.

Yes there are people who go to church for Christmas, but a lot of those people are the same ones who participate in the stampedes on Black Friday. Most people get gifts as a way to express their love in a more physical form, I just see it as materialistic and against the spirit of what it stands for.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

This is true

I have never hid my hypocrisy nor am I ashamed that I believe we are a Christian nation founded on Christian principles.

However I also have no problem with other religions positive messages being spread

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Even if that were the case, you would want to take THE ONE from me? How barbarous are you?

No. I would be in my kids lives, as I was when they were growing up. Not attempt to repair a damaged relationship on a given day. Anything LESS is barbarous.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why would anyone but a handful of wack-a-dos care if people want to do a nativity scene ?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Excuse me? What exactly are you saying with that comment?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: deadeyedick

Separation of Church and State isn't a specific interpretation of the Constitution. It is a primary tenant of it and represented in the First Amendment. Your revisionist history notwithstanding.

So tell me there.

If native scenes are verboten.

Why do most public buildings, and schools now have foot baths in them ?

After all public space are suppose to be 'religion free'.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The nativity is the portal in which Christianity will invade every facet of the United States and all will be forced into submission.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join