It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fox News 'War On Christmas' Panic Is Already Starting

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Songs in stores. Lights on trees. Kids singing. Cheerful apparal.
Gingerbread houses. Ovens baking. Families gathering. Time they're sharing.

Buckets of crabs... buckets of crabs.

I know miserable time of year isnt it!

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hashtag courtesy of ATS. But of course you can't prove how you came to the conclusion about me and what I do or do not support from anything I've said on the subject.

You are absolutely correct. By "you", I meant atheists. My apologies.

That is only infinitesimally better because, again, it is very few atheists who would ever even bother with this.

But thank you.

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But at least you were honest, and I appreciate that

more than youll ever be it would seem

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Why would anyone in this thread need proof of such unless there are looking at this thread and can not read.

You are blind if you have not seen the hate in the past years.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Why would anyone in this thread need proof of such unless there are looking at this thread and can not read.

Because Fox News is making a claim based on an anecdote (which is in reality a Separation of Church and State case). Anecdotes are logical fallacies and not proof of a larger trend. You need statistics to prove a larger trend. So if Fox News is telling the truth, then post some statistics on it.

This is a deflection. I asked for evidence, not your opinion on how obvious the evidence should be to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

As with so much in life, what are seeing depends on where you are looking.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That is only infinitesimally better because, again, it is very few atheists who would ever even bother with this.

We are unable communicate if we are not allowed to use general terms. I'm not going to list off specific atheists, and neither are you.
edit on 9-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So you asked for something and did not get it?
You are probably on the naughty list.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We are on page 11 and some people still don't understand this very basic premise?

No one is attacking Christmas or Christians. Atheists and agnostics (most) enjoy it right along with the Christians. We just want you to keep it out of schools and government. Isn't that pretty easy to understand?

Yes, it is.

So let's stop playing the emotional victim card, put on your "Happy Jesus Day" panties and shut up already.

If some of you cannot understand the premise of Separation of Church and state go back to high school and pay attention this time in civics class.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Spot on
Stats do not mean much just because someone likes numbers.
Proof is in the reality and lack of numbers is not a disqualifier for commenting on ones perspective.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

We are unable communicate if we are not allowed to use general terms. I'm not going to list off specific atheists, and neither are you.

My apologies. From what I recall you are generally very specific about your language, and so I would have thought that you would only use you if you were addressing me in particular and not you if addressing all atheists everywhere in general. In either case, the statement you made is inaccurate.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No one is attacking Christmas or Christians. Atheists and agnostics (most) enjoy it right along with the Christians. We just want you to keep it out of schools and government. Isn't that pretty easy to understand

What you describe is an attack.

Just because you view it differently does not mean it is not happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
We are on page 11 and some people still don't understand this very basic premise?

No one is attacking Christmas or Christians. Atheists and agnostics (most) enjoy it right along with the Christians. We just want you to keep it out of schools and government. Isn't that pretty easy to understand?

Yes, it is.

So let's stop playing the emotional victim card, put on your "Happy Jesus Day" panties and shut up already.

If some of you cannot understand the premise of Separation of Church and state go back to high school and pay attention this time in civics class.

You mean as in school or government sanctioned and/or paid for events, right?

Because I personally sure as hell wouldn't care or try to stop a class from celebrating Christmas or any other holiday if they brought in gluten-free cupcakes and wanted to give each other cards and presents and such.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is just wrong. Etiquette dictates that all Christmas issues begin after Thanksgiving.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's simple. Christmas is Jesus' birthday whether you believe in him or not.

Bart Simpson once said that Christmas is about the birth of Santa-a clever observation in the right context.

Christmas is a hallmark holiday, where your kids will love you for a few precious moments as they unwrap their ponies and dune buggies or whatever they wished Santa would bring them. A week later Santa can go give himself a prostate exam as the gifts he worked hard to afford are broken or forgotten in a week.

Christmas dinner is the best gift; good food, good booze, and good company.

link   

I was under the impression that the separation of church and state meant that government cannot establish a religion.

I wonder if secularism could be defined as a religion?

link   

originally posted by: intrepid
This is just wrong. Etiquette dictates that all Christmas issues begin after Thanksgiving.

And a happy new year?

link   

My apologies. From what I recall you are generally very specific about your language, and so I would have thought that you would only use you if you were addressing me in particular and not you if addressing all atheists everywhere in general.

Then it appears you were inaccurate in your recalling. Once again, I apologize for my misuse of the word.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No one is attacking Christmas or Christians. Atheists and agnostics (most) enjoy it right along with the Christians. We just want you to keep it out of schools and government. Isn't that pretty easy to understand

What you describe is an attack.

Just because you view it differently does not mean it is not happening.

Asking people to adhere to the Constitution is an attack?

That's a new one.

If they celebrated all beliefs and holidays equally, I wouldn't care either. But they do not do that and they open themselves up to liability that the Separation of Church and State solves.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It's simple. Christmas is Jesus' birthday whether you believe in him or not.

Actually it's the Roman festival of Saturnalia that was incorporated into Christianity.

Christmas dinner is the best gift; good food, good booze, and good company.

Agnostic says, "Damn right."

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join