It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS left so weakened by airstrikes and desertion it could be destroyed in just HOURS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
The problem is though, that this is going to probably all simply unfortunately continue..at least we have some foresight into the future nonetheless, and as such we might be better able to understand what threats need to be unremorsefully contained..

We have many lessons to learn..

Duh... After ISIS gets wiped out, another terrorist group biting at the fringes will take center stage and we'll repeat this song and dance all over again. In fact, it'll likely be a group we armed to help fight ISIS.

This is why our meddling will never solve anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms why there is so much tension surrounding the Russia bombings in Syria? For example the other day this article (among many others) is suggesting a possible war with Russia over long-felt and escalating tension etc. However I can't help but feel this stance has accelerated since Russia decided to take ISIS matters into their own hands. What am I missing? Aren't Russia doing us a favour? What's the conspiracy here?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The problem is though, that this is going to probably all simply unfortunately continue..at least we have some foresight into the future nonetheless, and as such we might be better able to understand what threats need to be unremorsefully contained..

We have many lessons to learn..

Duh... After ISIS gets wiped out, another terrorist group biting at the fringes will take center stage and we'll repeat this song and dance all over again. In fact, it'll likely be a group we armed to help fight ISIS.

This is why our meddling will never solve anything.

Yep, and i fear its going to show up in the EU sooner or later. And since moste of the refugies are from Syria( Actually Turkey), we will not see this ending With Russia taking care of ISIS. THe refugies are probably going to be the pretens for US/NATO to have a reason to bomb Syria at a later stage in the game.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms why there is so much tension surrounding the Russia bombings in Syria? For example the other day this article (among many others) is suggesting a possible war with Russia over long-felt and escalating tension etc. However I can't help but feel this stance has accelerated since Russia decided to take ISIS matters into their own hands. What am I missing? Aren't Russia doing us a favour? What's the conspiracy here?

The UK have taken a lot of their mothball stored tanks out of Storage in september.

They also transported Nuclear warheads out of Storage in Scotland in september.

NATO are prepping for something... But who knows what and where. I think much is related to the failed war simulations and NATO drills carried out this summer.

NATO are to weak to face Russia in europe probably.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I have my doubts on it showing up in the EU anymore than we've already seen. What creates these terror groups is the ability to proliferate terrorist sympathetic propaganda. Well, anyone trying to do that in the EU zone will end up on a watch list very quickly and thus wouldn't be able to more easily distribute the propaganda.

I imagine that the terrorists will stay largely in traditionally 3rd world countries and hot zones. Not that we won't see terrorists in the West, naturally there will still be attacks there, but they will probably be just as infrequent as they've ever been. I imagine you'll see more racial and religious strife though, but that won't just come from the Muslims. The locals will be just as guilty of it too.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I have my doubts on it showing up in the EU anymore than we've already seen. What creates these terror groups is the ability to proliferate terrorist sympathetic propaganda. Well, anyone trying to do that in the EU zone will end up on a watch list very quickly and thus wouldn't be able to more easily distribute the propaganda.

I imagine that the terrorists will stay largely in traditionally 3rd world countries and hot zones. Not that we won't see terrorists in the West, naturally there will still be attacks there, but they will probably be just as infrequent as they've ever been. I imagine you'll see more racial and religious strife though, but that won't just come from the Muslims. The locals will be just as guilty of it too.

I hope you know where moste of the refugies are lokated?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Macenroe82

As a follow up article that could be the subject of an additional thread there is this additional information here:

www.express.co.uk...

End of ISIS? Putin 'sending 150,000 soldiers to Syria to WIPE OUT evil Islamic State'..

Although it's clearly better to be cautious with presenting this type of information, since we don't want anyone's hopes to become prematurely too high or prematurely too low.. that second article states the following:

Link: www.express.co.uk...

"The Russian leader is reportedly mounting an enormous military mission to take control of the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa.

The city is the self-declared capital of ISIS in Syria and is patrolled by as many as 5,000 jihadi members.

Putin is set to mobilise 150,000 reservists who he conscripted into the military earlier this week."

www.express.co.uk...

Hopefully the express.co.uk is a halfway decent publication source..in the meantime though, it just feels nice to breath once again..

Why didn't we think of that?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I hope you aren't trying to say that refugee = terrorist?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

What am I missing? Aren't Russia doing us a favour? What's the conspiracy here?

The problem is that Russia is now actually doing what the US and allies have been pretending to be doing. Making them look bad and messing up their agenda. They were using these terrorist groups to get rid of Assad.

Therefore, Russia needs to be demonised even more right now.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I hope you aren't trying to say that refugee = terrorist?

No... I am saying that they will be used as a excuse later on. It have already being hinted at in the media that IS have been hiding amongst them.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So, because the media says that ISIS is hiding among the refugees, that means that it is true? The way you just said that post worries me.

It have already being hinted at in the media that IS have been hiding amongst them.

Especially that sentence. That tells me that many people are going to jump on the "refugees are terrorists" bandwagon AWFULLY easy over hearsay and rumors.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To me it seems the vast majority of media in Europe is in fact ignoring the possibility of IS fighters among the refugees.

I would say it is a legitimate concern.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

They are funded mostly by the most wealthy tribal group in the middle east, the sunnis. their network is been compared to how a mafia network works, is all about opportunities.

Deep Pockets, Dark Goals: How Will ISIS Keep Funding Terror?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: angryhulk

What am I missing? Aren't Russia doing us a favour? What's the conspiracy here?

The problem is that Russia is now actually doing what the US and allies have been pretending to be doing. Making them look bad and messing up their agenda. They were using these terrorist groups to get rid of Assad.

Therefore, Russia needs to be demonised even more right now.

That's what I thought, but I thought the conspiracy was too good to be true.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
This makes the US of A look REALLLLLLLLY REALLLLLLLLY bad!

How so? It was probably calculated from the start. Stay out of the battle because the consensus around the world was for the US to stay out. We did for the most part and just simply let someone else do the work.

The US is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position with many. I think the administration is just letting someone else have their turn at being the good/bad guy for a change.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

I think the idea of flat out distrusting people fleeing a bad situation is a bad precedent to set. Are there terrorists among the refugees? Maybe, but that is no reason to just assume that they all are and treat them all accordingly.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Of course, you do realize that if we ever considered doing that, then in retrospect, every act of terrorism they have ever committed against us would be justified? In this day and age, dropping a nuke indiscriminately is terrorism in its worst form. Also, any ISIS undercover/wannabes who are in the US or other countries would have a justifiable excuse to attempt to respond in kind.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

To me it seems the vast majority of media in Europe is in fact ignoring the possibility of IS fighters among the refugees.

That's because most of the Daesh fighters are European to begin with. They won't arrive with the refugees, they'll simply re-enter with their passport. The Paris massacres are evidence that there are already active cells in Europe.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's been some time, is ISIS erased yet, or whats that just some propaganda?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

ISLAMIC STATE (ISIS) is now so fragile that its so-called Caliphate could be wiped out in a matter of HOURS, a top terror expert said today.

By NICK GUTTERIDGE, EXCLUSIVE
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sun, Oct 4, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:41, Sun, Oct 4, 2015

Here it is, two days later. Has victory been declared yet?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join