It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So Brejvik killed 70 some people in the US? No one shot anyone in that Kenyan mall?

Please, there are mass shootings elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So apparently gun owners should be put on the reservation.

Ya know that didn't work out too well for the Indians.

edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: intrepid

THAT is all I want. An admission that the victims are collateral damage for the Constitution. Everyone wants their rights but they don't want to accept the cost.

Jimmy is wrong... but anyways, i guess you don't want to change the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment right?...

After all you are blaming The U.S. Constitution, alongside American's right to own and bear arms for tragedies such as the one that happened yesterday...

Kinda. I just want an admission that these dead victims, and further ones, are acknowledged as a sacrifice for your rights. Why? NO ONE is willing to do ANYTHING therefore just admit it. Then I'll shut the hell up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So Brejvik killed 70 some people in the US? No one shot anyone in that Kenyan mall?

How many have happened in the States since then?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Oh, so you don't care if people are violent, sick SOBs, you only care about whether or not they can possibly hurt you?

Compassion floweth over.

I would rather address that societal problem - violent, sick SOBs - than give up my right to defend myself from them (and from my government incidentally) because even rock can kill you. Ask Goliath how happy he was that the Philistines never outlawed shepherds with rocks.

Really, all you are doing is trying to slap a band aid on a festering wound that won't heal and will only get worse.

It's like being in the middle of the zombie apocalypse and saying, "Well if we just outlaw teeth ..."

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That's not the point. The point is that you are phrasing this as though it is uniquely American. It's not. But I wonder how many mass shootings go on in the African countries no one hears about. Then there are the mass graves consistently being uncovered in Mexico ...
edit on 2-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's like being in the middle of the zombie apocalypse and saying, "Well if we just outlaw teeth ..

I can see it now!

The day of the Zombie Apocalypse, and the zombie hordes are running the streets.

Someone saying, 'Why did we ban guns, again?'

link   

Kinda. I just want an admission that these dead victims, and further ones, are acknowledged as a sacrifice for your rights. Why? NO ONE is willing to do ANYTHING therefore just admit it. Then I'll shut the hell up.

WRONG...Those people did not die because of the U.S. Constitution or because of American's rights to own and bear arms... They died because a deranged individual murdered them....

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Really, all you are doing is trying to slap a band aid on a festering wound that won't heal and will only get worse.

Well thank you. You just summed up the gun problem in the States perfectly. And the solution is to bury our heads in the sand. Perfect.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That's not the point. The point is that you are phrasing this as though it is uniquely American. It's not. But I wonder how many mass shootings go on in the African countries no one hears about. Then there are the mass graves consistently being uncovered in Mexico ...

No, that's exactly the point. Equating American society to Mexican drug cartels and African warlords is a last attempt at a failed argument.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, not really. Explain to me how a gun makes you sick. You claim you own them. So you must also be a sick SOB according to that post. After all, apparently US gun ownership makes us sick SOBs is we own them.

link   

I wasn't. I was pointing out that violence happens elsewhere.

It even happens in Europe and Canada. Whatever happened to that guy who shot up your parliament btw?

link   

What I consider as burying our heads in the sand is continually shifting the blame of violence to firearms instead of recognizing that there's a problem with violence to begin with. And violence isn't isolated to America. Your bias is showing now.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I wasn't. I was pointing out that violence happens elsewhere.

It even happens in Europe and Canada. Whatever happened to that guy who shot up your parliament btw?

He's dead. Sergeant at Arms killed him. Your point? One event. Again, that was only last year. How many mass shooting in the States in the last year?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

This is precisely why we can't have a reasonable discussion on this issue. This is nothing but a cheap attempt to shame those who disagree with your opinion. All this type of garbage serves to do is drive a further wedge between the two sides.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He's dead. Sergeant at Arms killed him. Your point? One event. Again, that was only last year. How many mass shooting in the States in the last year?

For a Canadian claiming to own guns you sure don't want Americans to have the same right... I wonder why...

So, it is obvious that you don't care for the mass attacks with knives, and other weapons and the murders and harm that such attacks have inflicted worldwide... You only want to go after American's right to own and bear firearms...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Give me something to discuss other than myself. I don't find me as interesting as you do.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Give me something to discuss other than myself. I don't find me as interesting as you do.

I just find it ironic that the same person that is blaming the U.S. Constitution and the right of Americans to own and bear arms as the reason for atrocities such as this one, that such a person supposedly owns firearms...

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah people the presidents number 2.

Let that sink in for a spell.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Gun RIGHTS same thing as gay RIGHTS.

Let this sink in too.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join