It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Off the top of my head ?

My second amendment right of not being infringed.

My fourth amendment right of the state not being able to ILLEGAL SEARCHES and SEIZURES. Having to ask the state for permission to own a firearms.

My fifth amendment right of not being held answerable for a capital or otherwise 'infamous' crime without DUE PROCESS.

Which includes double jeopardy of being held 'accountable' for the same crime twice.

My sixth amendment right of a trial by a jury of my peers. My right to face my accusers

My seventh amendment right of trial by jury there's some more DUE PROCESS.

My ninth amendment right of the state is VERBOTEN to deny, and disparage my CLEAR right to firearms.

My 14th amendment RIGHT.

That says the STATE shall not make or ENFORCE any law that abridges all persons born or naturalized here. That deprives them of wait for it.

LIFE,LIBERTY, PROPERTY without DUE PROCESS.

Just off the top of my ole noggin.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You DO know that, "I know you are but what am I" isn't a good debate tactic. In fact it is childish.

Excuse me... but I was referring to nefermore as he wrote that "changing of laws is rational" as in the changing of laws pertaining the "second Amendment"... Hence, his argument is that those of us who disagree with him on this argument of his must be irrational.

But nice of you to try to deflect the point I was trying to make and instead trying to blame me for an argument that nefermore made...

OK, I'll ask directly, what should be done about these almost monthly shootings?

Lets ask these questions first...

1. Have "gun free zones" stopped the problem?... They have not...

2. Have the heavily restricting firearm laws in cities and states like New York and Chicago, Illinois stopped the problem?... They have not...

What makes you think that restricting firearms more, or even outlawing firearms completely will stop the problems at all? and if you think doing so will lessen firearm crimes take a look at Britain, which has had dramatic increases in overall gun crimes despite outlawing most firearms.

Can this type of tragedy be stopped completely? It can't be no matter what is done. However, it can be lessened. instead of trying to restrict, or ban firearms why not have some teachers armed?

If you do not want to have your children in a school where some teachers could be armed, all you can do is require the schools you want your children to go to implement more security measures. Like having metal detectors in every entrance and exit. But also don't be alarmed if a lot of parents decide to have their children in a class where the teacher is a lawful citizen who is armed.

That first. Second. How do we not know if the Obama administration itself hasn't implemented plans to cause atrocities like the one that happened yesterday to impose such laws restricting or outlawing firearms?...

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct and add comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Lets ask these questions first...

No. Answer my ONE question. What do we do about this?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Take the time to read the above and you will find some of the possible solutions.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Take the time to read the above and you will find some of the possible solutions.

I did. It didn't answer the question. Obfuscation. 3rd time. What is your solution for the continual gun deaths in America?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I can be.

Maybe it doesn't need to be.

But then again, maybe it does.

The war on terror has cost $1.7 trillion USD, over the deaths of less than 4,000 US citizens through terrorism.

In the meantime, over 10,000 Americans per year are killed through gun violence, and you want to do nothing?

Maybe there are ways to keep the 2nd Amendment, and reduced the killing, but you seem unable to actually consider that. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Excuse me?

Gun deaths ?

I really had no idea guns were going around shooting people all by themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Chalk up anopther mass shooting...in Florida. Not big enough for any attention, they reckon.

How Many Must Be Killed in a Mass Shooting to Merit Media Attention?

David A. Graham points out in his story on the gun control issue in The Atlantic, “Here we are again: Another massacre, another discussion about gun control — not about instituting new gun controls, mind you, but about why such new regulations are almost certainly dead on arrival.”

In 2015, there have already been 294 mass shootings in 275 days, according to The Washington Post. The kicker? The statistic only covers mass shootings involving four or more people, so the murder in Florida isn’t even counted in the staggering tally, presumably along with many others, including the fatal shooting in a Lafayette, Louisiana, theater.

The total number of deaths by mass shooting in 2015 according to this criteria has so far been 380, with at least 1,000 injuries.

How many times will these numbers have to be updated?

edit on 10/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In the meantime, over 10,000 Americans per year are killed through gun violence, and you want to do nothing?

'Gun' violence is a term made up by politico's to push gun control.

People need to face the facts.

People are violent.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I did. It didn't answer the question. Obfuscation. 3rd time. What is your solution for the continual gun deaths in America?

The one obfuscating it's you. By now most members in here know that you among some others want to completely ban firearms, and that's your solution. Anything else that is given as a choice for you is not viable, even though you are not even American.

!st... Give back the right of our soldiers in military bases the right to be armed... That will stop, or diminish the deaths of U.S. soldiers/sailors...

2nd... Instead of gun free zones allow citizens/parents to carry concealed weapons and you will see how such crime is diminished.

The U.S. is not going to become "like the wild west with everyone shooting everyone else"... There are already some states where Americans can exercise their right to bear arms and crime is lower in those areas, such as Wyoming or Utah.

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Excuse me?

Gun deaths ?

I really had no idea guns were going around shooting people all by themselves.

Here's those stupid semantics again. What is one charged with in a car incident? VEHICULAR homicide. Really man, that was ridiculous.

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Chalk up anopther mass shooting...in Florida. Not big enough for any attention, they reckon.

How Many Must Be Killed in a Mass Shooting to Merit Media Attention?

David A. Graham points out in his story on the gun control issue in The Atlantic, “Here we are again: Another massacre, another discussion about gun control — not about instituting new gun controls, mind you, but about why such new regulations are almost certainly dead on arrival.”

In 2015, there have already been 294 mass shootings in 275 days, according to The Washington Post. The kicker? The statistic only covers mass shootings involving four or more people, so the murder in Florida isn’t even counted in the staggering tally, presumably along with many others, including the fatal shooting in a Lafayette, Louisiana, theater.

The total number of deaths by mass shooting in 2015 according to this criteria has so far been 380, with at least 1,000 injuries.

How many times will these numbers have to be updated?

And how many people have US weapons killed across the world today ?

How many must die in those mass shootings ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The one obfuscating it's you. By now most members in here know that you among some others want to completely ban firearms, and that's your solution. Anything else that is given as a choice for you is not viable, even though you are not even American.

Never said that at all. In fact this Canuck HAS guns. But, as usual, can't come up with a reasonable argument attack the member.

!st... Give back the right of our soldiers in military bases the right to be armed... That will stop, or diminish the deaths of U.S. soldiers/sailors...

What's that got to do with homeland shootings?

2nd... Instead of gun free zones allow citizens/parents to carry concealed weapons and you will see how such crime is diminished.

Uh huh. And who pays for an accident? "Damn, I thought he was going to kill us all." when it isn't a situation at all. Muslim clock dude comes to mind.

I meant viable solutions.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well since cars were brought up.

Is that 'car violence' ??????

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

But I thought there were students at the community college with guns? That didn't seem to stop this guy from killing several people.

These killers will always have the element of surprise in their favor, and they will always be able to knock at least a few off before anyone with a gun even realizes what is happening.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What has that to do with my post about labeling different types of homicide? Further deflection. You DO know that most people that view this are visitors, right? They know what's what.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What has that to do with my post about labeling different types of homicide? Further deflection. You DO know that most people that view this are visitors, right? They know what's what.

Do they now ?

What would they say about people that don't live in America telling Americans what their rights should be?
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Do they now ?

What would they say about people that don't live in America telling Americans what their rights should be?

Well, seeing as this is damn near a strictly American problem that is LONG ongoing, maybe they think it's time you listened to a reasonable voice.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Never said that at all. In fact this Canuck HAS guns. But, as usual, can't come up with a reasonable argument attack the member.

Riight, as if you didn't attack me at all, and then accused me of "obfuscating" because you didn't like the answers...

What's that got to do with homeland shootings?

So you have got no idea that in U.S. military bases in U.S. soil soldiers can't be armed and this has increased the number of murders of our soldiers and sailors?

Uh huh. And who pays for an accident? "Damn, I thought he was going to kill us all." when it isn't a situation at all. Muslim clock dude comes to mind.

I meant viable solutions.

...No well trained person with a firearm is going to kill a kid, or another person because they heard a clock ticking in a backpack...

Like I said, you make excuses because what you want is to change laws pertaining to firearms.

And what will you do if a deranged person traps people in a college/school and set it on fire and this suddenly becomes the norm?...

A deranged person could also use knives and kill a lot of people...

By Ralph Ellis, CNN

Updated 10:20 PM ET, Sun March 2, 2014

Knife-wielding attackers kill 29, injure 130 at China train station

Lu Haiyan said the slaughter began while she and a friend were standing in the ticket hall of a Chinese train station.

"Suddenly, many people started running around crazily," she said on Tencent Weibo, a Chinese equivalent of Twitter. "We saw two people carrying big cleavers hacking whoever is in the way. They almost got to my back. Then I lost contact with (my friend) and I saw blood splashing in front of me."

Twenty-nine people were killed and 130 were injured Saturday night when 10 men armed with long knives stormed the station in the southwest Chinese city of Kunming, the state news agency Xinhua reported.

www.cnn.com...

Where are the cries to ban knives?

Just do a search on google on "knife mass killings".

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

They'd say that maybe you should not be so arrogant, and listen from time to time

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join