It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: neo96

What has that to do with my post about labeling different types of homicide? Further deflection. You DO know that most people that view this are visitors, right? They know what's what.

Do they now ?

What would they say about people that don't live in America telling Americans what their rights should be?

Well, seeing as this is damn near a strictly American problem that is LONG ongoing, maybe they think it's time you listened to a reasonable voice.

No it isn't.

People die from 'gun' violence all over the globe on a daily basis.

When it's not guns. It's mass stabbings.

And :

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Never said that at all. In fact this Canuck HAS guns. But, as usual, can't come up with a reasonable argument attack the member.

Riight, as if you didn't attack me at all, and then accused me of "obfuscating" because you didn't like the answers...

No. I didn't get an answer. Thus obfuscation.

Uh huh. And who pays for an accident? "Damn, I thought he was going to kill us all." when it isn't a situation at all. Muslim clock dude comes to mind.

I meant viable solutions.

...No well trained person with a firearm is going to kill a kid, or another person because they heard a clock ticking in a backpack...

Uh huh. Sorry but I don't buy that. I read your news.

*snip*

Just further obfuscation.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Take a look at China, people can't have firearms, and see what deranged criminals do...

School attacks in China (2010–12)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. As most cases had no known motive, analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kinds of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

And the above is only showing "school attacks in 2010-2012". There have been mass killings with knives in metro stations and other places.

The same or similar attacks have occurred in many other countries including Japan, and Spain. But of course certain people, and groups don't want to "ban knives" or other ways that deranged people kill others so you don't see those murders as often in the news as you see those killed by guns...

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct and add comment.

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct and add comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

They'd say that maybe you should not be so arrogant, and listen from time to time

Funny Nef.

Thats what my ancestors said, and created their own country.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What has that to do with my post about labeling different types of homicide? Further deflection. You DO know that most people that view this are visitors, right? They know what's what.

Do they now ?

What would they say about people that don't live in America telling Americans what their rights should be?

Well, seeing as this is damn near a strictly American problem that is LONG ongoing, maybe they think it's time you listened to a reasonable voice.

No it isn't.

Well if you can't even accept that this IS an American problem, fact, then there's no sense to discuss then. According to you these dead people aren't a problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Well this isn't obfuscation at least. It's deflection. We are talking about mass gun deaths in America. Not knife deaths in China. Although one that doesn't care about dead Americans can certainly look at it and take solace in the fact that.... well IDK. I can't follow that logic with a good conscience.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I guess what people just can't accept.

Is that MURDER is already illegal here.

So I don't know wut problem you mean.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Everyone wants to focus on the instruments used to inflict violence rather than address the cause of violence itself. Humans are the most innovative and ingenious creatures on earth. Doubly so when it comes to killing things. Even if firearms were taken away from every human being on earth, humans would resort back to the same methods that have been proven throughout time... eventually ending back at square one with a rock to the head.

And good luck on banning rocks.

edit on 10/2/2015 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Do they now ?

No it isn't.

Well if you can't even accept that this IS an American problem, fact, then there's no sense to discuss then. According to you these dead people aren't a problem.

Jeb Bush Says 'Stuff Happens' In Response to Gun Violence

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Don't sell them short.

They would probably TRY.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
we love these mass shootings....we get to be outraged, we get to argue the constitution, we get to take sides, the media loves every little detail it can take hours to find and describe just for the ratings, gun sales go up, more people get outraged even more about that.....c'mon, it gives everyone something to do.....all the while, nothing changes.....we love our mass shootings
edit on 2-10-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Everyone wants to focus on the instruments used to inflict violence rather than address the cause of violence itself. Humans are the most innovative and ingenious creatures on earth. Doubly so when it comes to killing things. Even if firearms were taken away from every human being on earth, humans would resort back to the same methods that have been proven throughout time... eventually ending back at square one with a rock to the head.

And good luck on banning rocks.

The last time I saw a rock kill a bunch of people all at once it was from a catapult in LOTR. Your point?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Do they now ?

No it isn't.

Jeb Bush Says 'Stuff Happens' In Response to Gun Violence

I really don't care what the guy who created the 10-20-LIFE says.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
we love these mass shootings....we get to be outraged, we get to argue the constitution, we get to take sides, the media loves every little detail it can take hours to find and describe just for the ratings, gun sales go up, more people get outraged even more about that.....c'mon, it gives everyone something to do.....all the while, nothing changes.....we love our mass shootings

And people really love that weapon of mass destruction called the US government.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well this isn't obfuscation at least. It's deflection. We are talking about mass gun deaths in America. Not knife deaths in China. Although one that doesn't care about dead Americans can certainly look at it and take solace in the fact that.... well IDK. I can't follow that logic with a good conscience.

Oh riight, i forget... so because i am not chanting alongside with you that there should be more laws restricting firearms i don't care about people being murdered... Talk about deflection and obfuscation...

I was posting the fact that deranged people will use ANYTHING at their disposal... Be it knives, molotov cocktails made from alcohol bottles, or whatever else...

Only guns deaths in America are heavily publicized and politicized...

You must not care at all about the murdered people in countries like China, or that the same could happen in the U.S. even if firearms were banned... Is that it, right?...

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

THAT is all I want. An admission that the victims are collateral damage for the Constitution. Everyone wants their rights but they don't want to accept the cost.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Its a pity that you didn't learn from it then !!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

THAT is all I want. An admission that the victims are collateral damage for the Constitution. Everyone wants their rights but they don't want to accept the cost.

Jimmy is wrong... but anyways, i guess you don't want to change the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment right?...

After all you are blaming The U.S. Constitution, alongside American's right to own and bear arms for tragedies such as the one that happened yesterday...

link   

originally posted by: neformore

Its a pity that you didn't learn from it then !!

What's a pity is people refusing to learn from history.

When a government becomes destructive to the rights of the people.

What happens next.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

There's that obfuscation you've been commenting on all throughout the thread.

Why not discuss the cause of violence instead of the instruments by which it's carried out?

I'd also like to point out that rocks can kill/maim 15+ people at a time. Like I said, humans are ingenious.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join