It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Let the silly Americans have there silly guns.

If they are willing to pay the price of it let them, it not our business or our country we dont have to live there.
edit on 2-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Let me start by saying, I believe the shooting is real, and it's a one of mentally deranged idiot who did it.

I can understand why you would say something like, "I have friends who are first responders who got the call" as if that is proof, but quite frankly, false flags are a "need to know" sort of thing. Do you really think they just tell everyone who might be called, "Hey, this is fake" or "We did it ourselves, don't rush"?

Just because your friends don't know anything doesn't meant they know the truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'm a silly American, and here is my modest proposal:

Immediately--

1) Abolish gun-free zones. Keep these bastards guessing.

2) Take the profits from legal pot and put it in mental health. We abolished most of our mental hospitals in the 80's, and clearly -- that was a bad idea. The idea that everything has to generate a profit fails when confronted with lifelong mental illness and other chronic conditions. No problem. Pay for the treatment of chronic illness with sin-taxes.

3) Encourage a media blackout on the killers. Say their name once and then refer to them as Dickwad #18. Profile their victims. Erase the killers from all official databases and histories.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You just ignored GeisterFahrer; take out places like Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, etc - places with the strictest gun laws and the numbers are way down on gun crime and murder in general.

Just saying if you're going to argue it makes you look like the stupid one when you deflect and ignore counter arguments.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They will never call it a hate crime...but it was. They will never admit he was targeting Christians...but he did. They will never accept any responsibility for creating this hate filled monster. They will only try to use this tragedy to take away rights. And had responsible adults in the school been armed...some deaths may have been prevented.

A gun free zone is only gun free for the victims.

FoxNews

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

You just ignored GeisterFahrer; take out places like Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, etc - places with the strictest gun laws and the numbers are way down on gun crime and murder in general.

Just saying if you're going to argue it makes you look like the stupid one when you deflect and ignore counter arguments.

Yeah, the murder rate would be lower if you took out those cities, no doubt. You could say that about any country though, if you took out a few major cities.

The fact is, the murder rate would still be over double that of all other developed countries. I've already proved this fact in numerous threads on ATS.

Take out the black gang related murders from the equation and the US still has a ridiculously high murder rate, compared to other developed nations. Plus, as much as people like to complain about how violent Chicago is, the reality is that the murder rate in Illinois is absolutely average, compared to other US states.

Besides, its kind of an irreverent analogy, since these major cities are in fact are part of the US.... So you gotta own that dude.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My condolences to those who lost their youngsters.
Yet another massacre in the US, I have lost count of all the senseless and needless killings that have happened there since being on ATS.

I could actually feel Obama banging his head on a brick wall, in the vid of this article..

Comment: President Obama was wrong: Australia is not like the US

For all the intended purposes to have a well armed militia so you could overthrow your gov if that said gov was to take your country down a path against freedom, well that ship sailed many moons ago and heck I would have liked to have seen the American people make a stand against your gov and the fed reserve the only candidates that I have seen who expressly spoke out about it (Ron Paul) gets nowhere?. It's why that second amendment seems so outdated and has become what also seems nothing more than selfish gun hugger mentality imo anyway.

Your country as with most are slave nations already, its all smoke and mirrors.

Free and the brave? it would take more courage to live without a gun and make a stand for an eventual safer society even when society is as messed up as it is without guns thrown into the mix.

Whats the matter with people???....
"How to Destroy the World" is well worth a listen, much of what we live through on a day to day basis that he is talking about were in the illuminati goals to be implemented.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
He supposedly liked the IRA, he seemed to me to be more anti-establishment than anything else, but time will tell.

Anyway, his thoughts on government etc seem to be in line with conspiracy theorists, those who want guns, etc to protect themselves from their governments - rather like the people here.

Only he used his guns against people just like him.

I wonder if he was or has been in the past a member of ATS?
edit on -05:0020155America/ChicagoFri, 02 Oct 2015 06:17:47 -0500_ndAmerica/Chicago1017 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Sad to say...but you are right. What a waste.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Bravo.

Common sense.

My heartfelt condolences to the families. We just have too many crazies running free.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

Wow...that is a lot of people. What is it about schools that attracts these maniacs? I just don't get it. Are they THAT wrapped up in what is going on at school?

Messed up....RIP to all those souls.

I can answer that question easily.

Schools have a big sign at the front entrance that reads "GUN FREE ZONE".

Which translates to "lots of unarmed sitting duck" to the crazies.

Do a little research. All most all the "mass" shootings have been at "GUN FREE ZONE" areas.

If you banned these zones mass shootings would die down a lot.

This is what I was getting at.

If we have the funds to police the world,why can't we hire armed guards to protect our schools?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I would like to say I am surprised that this has happened again, but I am not. The gun nuts got their way and as a result more innocent people have died.

What the hell is it going to take to convince some people that Americas gun laws desperately need changing?

Seriously, the gun nuts must have some sort of aggressive mental disease or deficiency.

I couldn't give a damn whether the gun nuts like hearing that or not, someone needs to tell them that their way of thinking is mentally retarded.

Oh and if the gun nuts are thinking of responding to this post, don't bother. I don't want to hear your retarded and ignorant views.

edit on 2/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Much of this thread has drifted way off-topic. This isn't about ideology, philosophy or what should / shouldn't be. It's about an event; a tragic event, but an event none the less. There is also quite a bit if erroneous information being posted. In an effort to refocus, here are the facts as they are understood this morning. I will refrain from editorializing on any of these and merely post the facts.

Please do not hesitate to correct any of this should you have more current information...

1. The death toll stands at 10 with approximately 20 injured.

2. The shooter, Chris Harper-Mercer, is dead; killed by police.

3. According to numerous eye witnesses, the shooter singled out Christian victims as the target of choice by asking them whether they were Christians. If they answered yes, he shot them in the head. If they answered no (or didn't answer) he shot them in the legs or lower torso.

4. Regardless of Court of Appeals rulings, the school WAS a gun-free zone. The president of the college has confirmed this. It may not have been law, but it was the school's policy.

5. There was a security guard at the school, as well as off-duty LEO's, but none of them were armed.

6. The shooter has numerous posts on social media identifying with Nazi's, Nazi memorabilia, the IRA and other violent organizations.

7. The shooter made a social media post the night before the attack with an oblique reference to the attack by imploring people from the 'northwest' should not go to school the next day as there would be headlines. (edit...this item is under review for accuracy).

8. The shooter made reference in social media posts to people who were unknown could suddenly be cast into the "limelight" by murdering people.

9. The shooter expressed disdain for organized religion and has no known religious affiliation at this time.

10. The shooter was armed with four (4) guns; three pistols and one rifle.

Hopefully this will help facilitate further discussion.

edit on 10/2/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: edit to item #7

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: trusername
First, condolences to any one who lost somebody today.

And since this is a conspiracy site...

- news reports stated (according to this thread) shooter was in custody

- Other reports shooter shot himself

- Father keeps saying the timing for shooting with one handgun doesn't make sense on CNN

CNN interview - father repeats several time "How does that timing work? Asking someone if they're Christian and shooting and reloading and entering the classroom shooting and going to 2 classrooms..." He didn't say it doesn't seem like one shooter but he asks over and over how is it possible in the amount of time for one small handgun.

- Um who would answer I'm Christian too after seeing the others get shot?

If a Christian is asked if they are a Christian, or if they profess Christ as their savior, they have to admit so even if it kills them. We were told to do so by Jesus in Matthew 10:28-33

"28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

So it doesn't surprise me that a line of Christians would admit who they are even if each one gets shot in order. They are just people who read their Bibles and knew God's word.

As western countries accept more and more muslim refugees I think we will be seeing more of this type of thing in the future.
edit on 10/2/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I believe you are correct on all points except this one:

7. The shooter made a social media post the night before the attack with an oblique reference to the attack by imploring people from the 'northwest' should not go to school the next day as there would be headlines.

The above was from early reporting that a person who goes by the name "Eggman" online and turned out not to be the shooter.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Typical response from the left.

"I can make some crazy off the wall comment, but don't bother with a rejoinder because I'm not listening"

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Let me look into this. I thought I read something to the contrary, but I will check.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

Wow...that is a lot of people. What is it about schools that attracts these maniacs? I just don't get it. Are they THAT wrapped up in what is going on at school?

Messed up....RIP to all those souls.

I can answer that question easily.

Schools have a big sign at the front entrance that reads "GUN FREE ZONE".

Which translates to "lots of unarmed sitting duck" to the crazies.

Do a little research. All most all the "mass" shootings have been at "GUN FREE ZONE" areas.

If you banned these zones mass shootings would die down a lot.

This is what I was getting at.

If we have the funds to police the world,why can't we hire armed guards to protect our schools?

because guns are scary and upset the liberals. You know we should all just get along.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: dismanrc

The US has the worst crime rate out of any developed nation. They come in as the 45th worst country for overall crime rates on the entire planet.

Never the less, America's murder rate is just absolutely staggering and the sole reason for that, is undeniably those stupidly laxs gun laws.

I don't know if anyone with an ounce of knowledge has responded to you yet, but let me set you straight on a few things.

If you take out the top cities with the highest gun crime rate, then the United States falls in the bottom of the list for gun crime. Those cities also happen to have the toughest gun laws and are all run by Democrats who want nothing more than to grab all the guns.

The only problem is you won't get all the guns. When law abiding people are disarmed and everywhere becomes a "gun free" zone, then you will simply have a free for all with criminals robbing, raping and murdering at will! The statistics prove out that the places with the least gun control laws have the LOWEST crime rate! Do you even have experience living in America in different areas? I mean, have you lived in the city, suburb and country? When I moved out to the country 23 years ago, I noticed there was almost zero crime! So, I asked a few gentlemen here and there, and they all had the same answer.

"We have guns and they know we will kill them if they break into our homes or steal from us!"

You see, it's common sense really. Let me jump gears here and switch from criminal bullies who kill at will when you can't fight back to abusive men who beat their little women regularly and claim they can't stop. Guess what always happens when a man who can clearly kick the abusers A** confronts him? He backs down. Suddenly equal or superior force shows up and the bully thug backs down. You know what we called this in psych? REALITY THERAPY

If you take the guns, they'll use knives. If you take the knives, they'll use clubs. You cannot stop rabid dogs by whistling and petting them. You stop a rabid dog by superior force.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No, I just don't want to get into another pointless debate with another gun nut who tries to make everyone believe that more guns = less deaths.

Arguing with gun nuts is like arguing with a brick wall, you can show them indisputable facts and they will twist it into a reason not to regulate guns. It's akin to a mental disease, in my view.

Anyway, I am assuming you're one of those ignorant morons who couldn't see facts if they smashed you in the face. Not much point replying any further to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join