It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

Wow...that is a lot of people. What is it about schools that attracts these maniacs? I just don't get it. Are they THAT wrapped up in what is going on at school?

Messed up....RIP to all those souls.

I can answer that question easily.

Schools have a big sign at the front entrance that reads "GUN FREE ZONE".

Which translates to "lots of unarmed sitting duck" to the crazies.

Do a little research. All most all the "mass" shootings have been at "GUN FREE ZONE" areas.

If you banned these zones mass shootings would die down a lot.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have to wonder...how many perpetrators of these shootings come from broken homes? I've seen firsthand how that can sometimes lead to an unusual psychological state that I could definitely see as being conducive to mass shootings. They are, after all, a form of suicide.

Children who come from broken homes, especially if they're fairly young when it occurs, can fall into a trap of hating themselves and blaming the world, because they don't understand what has happened and why one parent has become absent or mostly absent. If left untreated, or, worse, if it's fed through one parent attempting to alienate the child from the other parent, which is extremely common, it can leave the child full of hate yet with little thought for the pain they might cause others, as they've become consumed by their own pain and its become a developmental pressure that shapes their mind.

I know offhand that some were from broken homes, at least, and it provides a factor that is less common outside of the US. Not that divorce is any less common in other nations, but most foreign cultures have a much better support system within the family, to the point that multigenerational households arent uncommon. In the US, living with your parents as an adult, even in cases where you're helping them in their old age, is highly stigmatized, and most elderly are shuttled off to retirement homes instead.

Such a factor would also account for SSRI usage, as it's common to treat the psychological distress of divorce with medication, even though it's not what is needed.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Do a little research. All most all the "mass" shootings have been at "GUN FREE ZONE" areas.

I seriously doubt that.

Most of these shooters have to be aware their life is going to end that day....if they don't kill themselves, someone else, probably police, is going to do it.

Even if every student, teacher, lunch lady is carrying, the shooter is still going to get a few shots in before confused people start firing back.

Death will still be the outcome regardless.....possibly fewer deaths, but deaths all the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
First, condolences to any one who lost somebody today.

And since this is a conspiracy site...

- news reports stated (according to this thread) shooter was in custody

- Other reports shooter shot himself

- Father keeps saying the timing for shooting with one handgun doesn't make sense on CNN

CNN interview - father repeats several time "How does that timing work? Asking someone if they're Christian and shooting and reloading and entering the classroom shooting and going to 2 classrooms..." He didn't say it doesn't seem like one shooter but he asks over and over how is it possible in the amount of time for one small handgun.

- Um who would answer I'm Christian too after seeing the others get shot?

Seriously, this was a science classroom. Not a religion class. Are we supposed to believe that there were 10 so devout christians in that room that after say by the 3rd declared and shot christian, the other 7 didn't begin to have second thoughts about how better to answer that question?

- Scully and Mulder... read your Lone Gunman

There have been films, documentaries, books explaining the shock doctrine, patterns, conspiracies and reasons behind this tired, repeated, false, lone gunman mass shooting scenario. I didn't think anyone believed this anymore. I'm a little surprised that everyone on this website and this thread isn't discussing what are we being diverted from today.

- Community Colleges may be gun free... they are also community free

If you want to bring in actors and create theater, it's certainly easier in a community college in October than an elementary school in April. Why? Because nobody knows anybody. No hall passes. Teams can walk in, set up, prep, get out. Heck community colleges are broke and could be paid off for all we know. I've heard of all kinds of financial scandals with community colleges. I would guess the aftermath is either shut it down or pour in masses of funding for healing and rebuilding.

- A society of headphones and tune out

Yes it could be a copy cat. Some sad soul who plays too much assassins creed in his mother's garage. It could be drugs, prescription or not. It could be time bomb planted seeds, black ops, who knows... but it's also all of us, we're numb and number.

- Arms in the air

How many of you got a chill when you saw the lines of exiting students with their hands on their heads and the swat teams with their guns? Does that make you feel safer? Safer like when you're shuttled like cattle through an airport and removed of your nail scissors? If I manage to hijack a plane with nail scissors, I think I kind of deserve the plane. Was it really necessary to treat traumatized students like they were all under arrest? They already had the lone gunman. So either they suspected more than one gunman or they were willing to further traumatize in order to promote a crowd control exercise.

Why? Why this time? For example...

- Dow makes a V

Hmmm Look at the markets shootings at 10:38AM PST 1:38PM EST. Dow dropped all morning then at time of the shooting Dow is at 16,133 and then bounces up 240 points to close at 16,271. I have an image I took of today but I need help uploading it here.

Here is 911 tweet showing 10:38 am PST www.npr.org...

- Russia's Putin starts first air strike attacks on Syria and leads coalition against terrorist groups.
www.bbc.com...
"They (Russia) have forced a change in the overall policy in Syria – normally no-one else in the world changes the foreign policy of the U.S.," Granville said. www.cnbc.com...

- Bad news or worse news?

The bad news is that this really happened. 10 people died, 7 were injured. One very sad man is to blame.

The worse news is it is not entirely impossible that this is fake, staged, theater, the gunman / gunmen are not dead. The students weren't students and the interviews weren't their family members. Maybe stay bullets have injured innocents or may not have. Bread and circus.

Only it's a sad old circus. Viewers have school shooting fatigue. Soon we'll all expect to raise both our hands and march out in line for a public lockdown for a possible shooter... just as bored as we stand in line now and take off our shoes and hold up our hands for the scanner booth in the airport.

How free do you feel in there?

edit on 10/2/2015 by trusername because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

originally posted by: TheInhumanCentipede
316,545 gun deaths in the last decade in the U.S.... 313 from terrorism. Untold billion$ are spent to combat the latter, yet nary a firearms law has been amended to combat the veritable war zone the U.S. has become.

I don't know where you get your data from but the official FBI data only shows roughly 120k deaths by guns in the years 2002 - 2012 while 60% of these are suicide related and a good 15% are accidental kills. The rest is divided in several classes, where mass-shootings don't even get into the 1% tile.

www.fbi.gov...

From the stats I'm looking at, 343,085 people have died in the US from a gun from 2002 to 2012. 130,588 of those gun deaths were homicides.

gunpolicy.org/UnitedStates

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: trusername

I don't understand the market well enough to know it's ups and downs so maybe you can explain why it is that a school shooting effects the market like that???

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I hope someone can answer this question for me.

Should we let someone in the USA legally own a gun who would be deemed too unstable to own one in a country like Canada simply because of the second amendment?

Are we less intelligent than Canadians?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DwayneUSA

Should we let someone in the USA legally own a gun who would be deemed too unstable to own one in a country like Canada simply because of the second amendment?

Send our illegals to Canada and all the gang related crime too. Let's see if it effects their intelligence. I think it would be a wonderful social experiment, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The markets are very volatile these days. September and October usually are, but this year saw all new highs for Dow, Nasdaq S and P and we've dropped a lot from those highs.

But 3 figure days make a lot of money for some people. Any day you have a 250 point range it is a big deal. On 9/11/2001 for example the markets dropped 600 points and that was a record drop at that time. That is rare and they closed the markets down. Also 9/11 damage began early in the morning before 9am and in New York. There was also a lot of manipulation in the markets that day.

I don't know, but I would guess there could be for each of these larger shootings as well. They create instability which creates volatility in the markets. Oregon is west coast and the time difference matters By 1pm West Coast time markets are closed. The markets bumped along the bottom a bit between noon and 1:38 PM EST before the news broke and then upswing up and up... till it was only $12 less than where it started in the morning before the drop.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: DwayneUSA

Send our illegals to Canada and all the gang related crime too. Let's see if it effects their intelligence. I think it would be a wonderful social experiment, don't you think?

Can we be honest about the whole "illegal immigrant" BS? There are entire industries that would collapse without the cheap/slave labor role that they fill. If the government wanted to end illegal immigration tomorrow with a stroke of the pen they could do it. And it wouldn't require a wall or moat or 10,000 armed soldiers. Simply make it illegal to use undocumented workers. Make the punishment for using illegal undocumented workers massively financially punitive. As in "if you're caught using illegal aliens on large scale you lose your business". Take away the jobs and the people coming to fulfil those jobs will stop coming and/or go home. No politician will do squat to end illegal immigration.

As for gangs, well...there are gangs everywhere. And as I stated in an earlier post, the gangs in Canada commit the vast majority of their crimes with easily attainable USA guns guns smuggled into their country.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: trusername

- Father keeps saying the timing for shooting with one handgun doesn't make sense on CNN

CNN interview - father repeats several time "How does that timing work? Asking someone if they're Christian and shooting and reloading and entering the classroom shooting and going to 2 classrooms..." He didn't say it doesn't seem like one shooter but he asks over and over how is it possible in the amount of time for one small handgun.

Seriously, this was a science classroom. Not a religion class. Are we supposed to believe that there were 10 so devout christians in that room that after say by the 3rd declared and shot christian, the other 7 didn't begin to have second thoughts about how better to answer that question?

There have been films, documentaries, books explaining the shock doctrine, patterns, conspiracies and reasons behind this tired, repeated, false, lone gunman mass shooting scenario. I didn't think anyone believed this anymore. I'm a little surprised that everyone on this website and this thread isn't discussing what are we being diverted from today.

If you want to bring in actors and create theater, it's certainly easier in a community college in October than an elementary school in April. Why? Because nobody knows anybody. No hall passes. Teams can walk in, set up, prep, get out. Heck community colleges are broke and could be paid off for all we know. I've heard of all kinds of financial scandals with community colleges. I would guess the aftermath is either shut it down or pour in masses of funding for healing and rebuilding.

Yes it could be a copy cat. Some sad soul who plays too much assassins creed in his mother's garage. It could be drugs, prescription or not. It could be time bomb planted seeds, black ops, who knows... but it's also all of us, we're numb and number.

- Arms in the air

How many of you got a chill when you saw the lines of exiting students with their hands on their heads and the swat teams with their guns? Does that make you feel safer? Safer like when you're shuttled like cattle through an airport and removed of your nail scissors? If I manage to hijack a plane with nail scissors, I think I kind of deserve the plane. Was it really necessary to treat traumatized students like they were all under arrest? They already had the lone gunman. So either they suspected more than one gunman or they were willing to further traumatize in order to promote a crowd control exercise.

- Dow makes a V

Hmmm Look at the markets shootings at 10:38AM PST 1:38PM EST. Dow dropped all morning then at time of the shooting Dow is at 16,133 and then bounces up 240 points to close at 16,271. I have an image I took of today but I need help uploading it here.

- Russia's Putin starts first air strike attacks on Syria and leads coalition against terrorist groups.
www.bbc.com...
"They (Russia) have forced a change in the overall policy in Syria – normally no-one else in the world changes the foreign policy of the U.S.," Granville said. www.cnbc.com...

The bad news is that this really happened. 10 people died, 7 were injured. One very sad man is to blame.

The worse news is it is not entirely impossible that this is fake, staged, theater, the gunman / gunmen are not dead. The students weren't students and the interviews weren't their family members. Maybe stay bullets have injured innocents or may not have. Bread and circus.

Only it's a sad old circus. Viewers have school shooting fatigue. Soon we'll all expect to raise both our hands and march out in line for a public lockdown for a possible shooter... just as bored as we stand in line now and take off our shoes and hold up our hands for the scanner booth in the airport.

I think the mass shooting was about the scale of the diversion. Markets don't like Putin News, diversion turns them around.

But there could be multiple strategies at work and parasitizing off of this, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Jesus walks on water

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: trusername

- Arms in the air

- Dow makes a V

www.bbc.com...

Great post. I am always thinking CONSPIRACY after all the ridiculous crap that has gone on around previous mass shootings of late. Also this same tired repeated lone gunman profile which is like a broken record deja vu all over again. Today I watched and read here and posted here in real time. I tried to be open minded... it feels wrong in the gut. I am almost afraid to admit to being a "truther", (BTW since WHEN has searching for the truth become attached to such negative connotations! Well I guess it has done, in historical times, but we are meant to be enlightened in 2015) especially (and even??) on ATS. Don't get me wrong, I do not deny there are victims; I do not search for the truth out of disrespect for any grieving families; I simply follow my gut and want to know the truth. How can so many people just stick their heads in the sand?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

originally posted by: dismanrc

I seriously doubt that.

Most of these shooters have to be aware their life is going to end that day....if they don't kill themselves, someone else, probably police, is going to do it.

Even if every student, teacher, lunch lady is carrying, the shooter is still going to get a few shots in before confused people start firing back.

Death will still be the outcome regardless.....possibly fewer deaths, but deaths all the same.

First of all, suicide should be legal. If moms can kill a baby in their womb for women's rights and the sake of having a choice with what to do with their bodies (nevermind that the baby is someone else's child), then for the sake of human rights, people should be able to choose to end their own life if they want.

Second, tell the parents of any of those students killed in the shooting that their child was just another number. That because others died, their child's life didn't matter. I dare you to!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Wow.

Okay people.

Now at least you know who you're dealing with...a simpleton...a complete simpleton

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Suicide Laws: By Country Below are laws related to the act of suicide as well as “assisted-suicide” throughout various countries.
United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

Full Article

edit on 1022015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Ok. So it's just sort of a loose theory that these events also effect the stock market. Or perhaps that these events are staged or because of the time difference or whatever, some information difference, that it's used as a way to manipulate stock prices???

Something like that???

I thought there was a specific reason or something. Because I've heard other people say stuff like that. Like such and such event happened and look at what happened with the market.

I don't know enough about how the market works and thought there was some known factual reason why certain events like this make the market react or something. I guess I'm not understanding the whole idea or something.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Suicide Laws: By Country Below are laws related to the act of suicide as well as “assisted-suicide” throughout various countries.
United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

Full Article

I stand corrected. I was always told by police that attempted suicide is a misdemeanor or possible felony here in NY .

Thanks for the info.

Either way, my point remains. Lives are precious and we should try to save as many as possible.

Saving even one of those students would have been a victory. They were someone's child. Not a number, or statistic.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: revswim

Yeah a bunch of Germanic heathens ARE racists. The shooter used the name ironcross on his dating advert. So I worry.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Ahhh nuts say bye bye to KAT :/

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join