It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: dismanrc

The US has the worst crime rate out of any developed nation. They come in as the 45th worst country for overall crime rates on the entire planet. Even the UK, which is a tiny little island with a population of 60 million and an incredibly large population density, only comes in as the 64th worst country for crime rates. Australia is at 69 and Canada is chillin back as the 80th worst country for crime rates.

nationmaster.com

Never the less, America's murder rate is just absolutely staggering and the sole reason for that, is undeniably those stupidly laxs gun laws.

Sorry, don't mean to offend, you gotta know that I personally love American culture, as a whole... But if any of you American citizens were looking from the outside in, like us Aussies, Canadians and Pomes are, then you would realize just how idiotic you all come across as, when you all try to defend your ridiculously lax gun laws, so passionately.

Umm
UK crime rate is 4 times that of the US. Just not as many guns. LOTS of knifing though

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
I'm a silly American, and here is my modest proposal:

Immediately--

1) Abolish gun-free zones. Keep these bastards guessing.

2) Take the profits from legal pot and put it in mental health. We abolished most of our mental hospitals in the 80's, and clearly -- that was a bad idea. The idea that everything has to generate a profit fails when confronted with lifelong mental illness and other chronic conditions. No problem. Pay for the treatment of chronic illness with sin-taxes.

3) Encourage a media blackout on the killers. Say their name once and then refer to them as Dickwad #18. Profile their victims. Erase the killers from all official databases and histories.

DITTO!!! Great thoughts, and common sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Let the silly Americans have there silly guns.

If they are willing to pay the price of it let them, it not our business or our country we dont have to live there.

I vote we get together with the surrounding countries and build a giant wall to keep them in and leave them to it for a year. After said year is up, we can go in and clean up the mess then repopulate America with people actually born with a brain.

I'm liking this idea - who's with me?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You really are a special kind of ... nevermind. It's not like we are comparing 10 cities. America is HUGE. It's the liberal scardy cats who think if we just take away the right to own guns, criminals will feel less threatened and will turn their in too!" blink blink blink......

The fact is that it's idiotic thinking and lack of accountability that has gotten the country to this sorry state! You sorts who cry about people owning guns say, "It's the wild wild west" out here! No it's not! You see in the wild wild west anyone could have a gun, and quite frankly only the dipsh*ts who wanted to be the "fastest draw in the west" got in the middle of the street for a showdown.

Just ask anyone about getting a job done. If I want to get paid 50 bucks do I pick the job that I could lose my hand at, get killed, or have to work my butt off to get it done or do I pick the one that like taking candy from a baby?

Guns are equalizers and deterrents.

I bet you all voted or would vote for her:

edit on 2-10-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Ask the UK

HAHAHA

Im from the UK and its utter BS.

Gun crime in the UK is barely double digits and the rare occasion it does happen its between gang bangers.

You yanks are entitled to keep your guns, its your country and if thats what you want fine. I wont argue.

But dont post such bollocks about the UK when you have brits on ATS that can attest otherwise.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: dismanrc

The US has the worst crime rate out of any developed nation. They come in as the 45th worst country for overall crime rates on the entire planet. Even the UK, which is a tiny little island with a population of 60 million and an incredibly large population density, only comes in as the 64th worst country for crime rates. Australia is at 69 and Canada is chillin back as the 80th worst country for crime rates.

nationmaster.com

Never the less, America's murder rate is just absolutely staggering and the sole reason for that, is undeniably those stupidly laxs gun laws.

Sorry, don't mean to offend, you gotta know that I personally love American culture, as a whole... But if any of you American citizens were looking from the outside in, like us Aussies, Canadians and Pomes are, then you would realize just how idiotic you all come across as, when you all try to defend your ridiculously lax gun laws, so passionately.

Umm
UK crime rate is 4 times that of the US. Just not as many guns. LOTS of knifing though

I'm gonna need a respectful & reliable link to your very unlikely claim. Otherwise, I'll just be forced to assume your full of complete.... nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No, I just don't want to get into another pointless debate with another gun nut who tries to make everyone believe that more guns = less deaths.

Arguing with gun nuts is like arguing with a brick wall, you can show them indisputable facts and they will twist it into a reason not to regulate guns. It's akin to a mental disease, in my view.

Anyway, I am assuming you're one of those ignorant morons who couldn't see facts if they smashed you in the face. Not much point replying any further to you.

You have illuminated your mindset, mentality and maturity level just perfectly.

No need to add anything further.

Have a great life.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

But dont post such bollocks about the UK when you have brits on ATS that can attest otherwise.

It's called "throwing mud and hoping some of it sticks".

In other words, the gun nutters are desperate.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I really don't get how this keeps happening and average, ordinary people are not starting to suspect something is fishy here.

My condolences to the victims but this is a conspiracy forum and something is just not right.

I thought something was up after Sandy Hook.

Read some of the research on that attack.

- School had no internet activity and limited power activity for almost five years before the attack.
- First responders not allowed to enter building? (even during 9/11 they where all over the place.)
- No art work on the walls or windows of any of the rooms? (Ever seen a school like that?)
- Most the people "named" moved there within the previous 2 years. Then moved away.
- Building destroyed without any public access allowed beforehand.
- Active shooter exercise scheduled for the same day and nearby location
- "father" caught on tape doing actor prep type actions before going on "live".
- No wounded brought to ANY local medical facility.
- Bodies pronounce dead on location by entry personnel, not EMT. (Not allowed on site at all.)
- Weak/Sick boy carrying the amount of gear that would make a SF trooper stagger.
- No security cameras installed in the school. (when have you seen that in the past 20 years?)
The list goes on. I could look by a few of these, but when they begin to pile up...
-

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Your ignorant, childish rant is almost humorous.

Us gun nuts didn't get our way, none of us want innocent people harmed.

What laws do you think are "desperately needing" change?

Please be coherent and address what you specifically want changed, maybe we can have a rational conversation about this.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Have a great life.

Now who is cutting and running?

I am sorry if you don't like being referred to in those terms, but enough is enough. I have had this debate a thousand times in the last few years, every time another mass shooting happens in America - and the responses from gun nuts are always the same. It comes to a point where the only thing left to say is to call these ignoramouses out for exactly what they are.

If that hurts your widdle feelings I don't give a damn. Peoples LIVES are at stake and all the morons want to do is whine about not being able to freely buy assault weapons at their local Walmart. It is sheer idiocy, total and utter mental retardation.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Your ignorant, childish rant is almost humorous.

Us gun nuts didn't get our way, none of us want innocent people harmed.

What laws do you think are "desperately needing" change?

Please be coherent and address what you specifically want changed, maybe we can have a rational conversation about this.

How many mass shootings has the US had in the last 5 years again?

How many mass shootings have other western countries with stricter gun control had again?

The FACTS speak for themselves. Sorry if that interferes with your retarded view of the world but I could care less.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Like a recent thread related, I too tire of the gun/anti-gun threads.

So I will say it again for all the gun grabbers out there:

Do you want my guns?
Come and get them.
But don't be a hypocrite... come unarmed.

Don't send armed government thugs to do it, grow some balls and do it yourself....unarmed .

Do you think the war on drugs was a failure?
Try a war on guns, you will find out what a failure really looks like.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Yeah, this is what I don't get. People from the outside looking in think that America is ridden with gun violence from top to bottom. That is far from the truth. Its certain cities, just a handful, that bring our %'s way up. Take away that handful, and the %'s would damn near bottom out.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Thats all very well and good until the government puts a tank shell through your entire family, or wipes out your street with a missile fired from a drone.

But at least you have your guns right? What was it your Constitution said you needed them for?

LOL.

edit on 2/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'll say it again, please be coherent and explain what laws are desperately needing changed.

No hyperbole or rhetoric, just tell us what needs to happen so we can have a meaningful conversation.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Thats all very well and good until the government puts a tank shell through your entire family, or wipes out your street with a missile fired from a drone.

But at least you have your guns right? What was it your Constitution said you needed them for?

LOL.

I figured you would deflect.
Do you want more guns off the street?
Go gather them up.... unarmed.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Is there any reason for this incident to be a source of a gun debate? ""Recorded crime data are problematic due to definitional issues, reporting rates and other concerns," said Shane D. Johnson, a professor in the University College of London Department of Security and Crime Science. "There may also be considerable variation across counties, or states."", Regardless of any regulations if someone takes there time to plan it out they will either acquire it illegally or substitute with explosives. If we do not begin to recognize the signs of the people who are on the verge of doing these acts then it will just continue. There is no hope in new regulations stopping them or having more armed personnel stopping them. Put more funding into understanding and mapping the human neuron network so we can see what may actually be the cause for these acts.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Have a great life.

Now who is cutting and running?

I am sorry if you don't like being referred to in those terms, but enough is enough. I have had this debate a thousand times in the last few years, every time another mass shooting happens in America - and the responses from gun nuts are always the same. It comes to a point where the only thing left to say is to call these ignoramouses out for exactly what they are.

If that hurts your widdle feelings I don't give a damn. Peoples LIVES are at stake and all the morons want to do is whine about not being able to freely buy assault weapons at their local Walmart. It is sheer idiocy, total and utter mental retardation.

Ordinarily I wouldn't dignify a post such as this with a response, but there is just one comment I have to make. Regarding my feelings; you can rest assured, pal, some little internet troll / keyboard commando, such as yourself is certainly NOT going to hurt my feelings! So, no worries there for you.

If you would like to have an intelligent discussion about the OP (and not your opinions) I'd be delighted to egage you. However, this appears to be clearly out of the realm of possibilities as you continue with your mindless rant and diatribe of insults with the clear intention of just inciting anger.

I must ask; how old are you....like 12?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I'll say it again, please be coherent and explain what laws are desperately needing changed.

No hyperbole or rhetoric, just tell us what needs to happen so we can have a meaningful conversation.

Stricter regulation of guns. My god man, what part of that is so difficult to understand?

In Australia we have to apply for a shooters license, pass background checks and then a safety test before they will allow us to buy guns. Not only that but certain types of guns are outlawed, such as assault rifles. Since we implemented those laws we have had ZERO mass shootings, and normal shootings are so rare they make headline news. The facts speak for themselves - and we are not the only country that has done so and seen a massive drop in gun-related violence and fatalities.

Seriously, what the hell is so wrong with that? If America implemented similar laws this DOES NOT mean that guns are outlawed, just regulated more strictly - shame the gun nuts try to drown out that fact and claim that we want guns outlawed entirely.

But, alas, I have said this a thousand times to the gun nuts, even showed them the absolute proof and yet nothing sways them from their dire need to be able to buy assault rifles at Walmart. Hence my conclusion that these people must suffer from some form of serious mental disease, as it is the only logical explanation for the sheer ignorance displayed by those people.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join