It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I figured you would deflect.
Do you want more guns off the street?
Go gather them up.... unarmed.

You are the perfect example of what I described in my previous post - being that NOBODY IS WANTING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS ENTIRELY, ONLY STRICTLY REGULATE THEM.

But please, keep completely ignoring that fact and continue bleeting about how people want to "take your guns".

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm a supporter of your right to own guns.

That said: it sounds like the notion that others might take them from you is the only tyranny you fear?

Imagine what it must be like to go to Middle, High or College level schools, in 2015, where only criminals have access to guns.

Personally -- I'm of the mind that gun control is a distraction here. We need a multipronged approach to this problem, including letting CCP's carry on campus (take down those stupid "Gun Free Zone" signs).

We also need a comprehensive plan for identifying people with legitimate mental health issues before they do something like this. It needs to be comprehensive because the vast majority of mentally ill people are NOT dangerous. This will be expensive and non-profit generating. Therefore, we need to pay for it another way. I have proposed using taxes from the legal sale of MJ to offset these costs which are not profit centers and therefore cannot be privatized.

What's your solution?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Ordinarily I wouldn't dignify a post such as this with a response, but there is just one comment I have to make. Regarding my feelings; you can rest assured, pal, some little internet troll / keyboard commando, such as yourself is certainly NOT going to hurt my feelings! So, no worries there for you.

LOL, I have been on this site a LOT longer than you mate. But please, continue attempting to insult me through carefully picked words, it's very telling of you as a person.

If you would like to have an intelligent discussion about the OP (and not your opinions) I'd be delighted to egage you.

I can almost guarantee that you will dismiss any facts I present and continue to bleet about how everyone wants to "take your guns" and how "more guns = less deaths".

However, this appears to be clearly out of the realm of possibilities as you continue with your mindless rant and diatribe of insults with the clear intention of just inciting anger.

I must ask; how old are you....like 12?

Again with the insults. Very telling indeed.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

it sounds like the notion that others might take them from you is the only tyranny you fear?

It sounds like you made an assumption, an incorrect assumption, at that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
In Australia we have to apply for a shooters license, pass background checks and then a safety test before they will allow us to buy guns. Not only that but certain types of guns are outlawed, such as assault rifles. Since we implemented those laws we have had ZERO mass shootings, and normal shootings are so rare they make headline news. The facts speak for themselves - and we are not the only country that has done so and seen a massive drop in gun-related violence and fatalities.

Seriously, what the hell is so wrong with that? I

I'll tell you what's wrong with that. There are tens of millions of Americans who have not committed a crime and never will with their 'certain types of guns' that you think should be outlawed. If those people have not and will not abuse their rights, then why should they lose their rights and their property?

This is the disconnect many of you refuse to acknowledge and is the entire reason why there's such opposition to your type of laws.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Do you want my guns?
Come and get them.
But don't be a hypocrite... come unarmed.

Yeah, you talk all tough, but I bet you'd fall like domino's if the law actually rocked up to your front door, looking for your guns.

Just like I had to when they came bashing on my door, looking for a couple of plants. Its a war you can't win and I doubt you even have the minerals to try.

Do you think the war on drugs was a failure?

Apples and oranges mate!

Drugs soul purpose isn't to end life, unlike guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'd like to make a distinguished & profound point. Although they don't really belong in such UBER threads, where anything is easily missed. But here it goes.

I've suspected after talking it through with some people why these incidents get so much cover, & why people find that the original story is more often than not "fiddled" with. Such as fabricating more people or more tear-jerking stories for those people who perished in the violent act. Also I personally believe they twist the story even more, with this whole "religion" thing. I'm sure they'll turn it into more excuse to fight in middle east. But the single most important epiphany for me was that this IS NOT ABOUT GUN CONTROL, but THE OPPOSITE!

What the hell? -- you might say. But is it not possible that this is exactly what gun companies would want to sell more guns? The NRA is the strongest possibly oldest lobby in the US. There's no chance for that to ever subside. No chance at all. In fact it might arm more body guards & give more reason for gun sales to move around everywhere. They make people feel safe. Isn't it security our nations leaders are after, in exchange for our freedoms? Think about that will somebody please? I'm sure there are more holes to dive in to.

I have not looked at the market numbers when incidents such as this happen, or even worldwide news such as Fast & Furious, or when it was released that the US bought lots & lots of guns & such. But I submit to you that the market probably increased. If this becomes a focus of conversation I sure will look it up, but as it is now I believe this reasoning will be missed & might call for another thread.

Good day.

edit on 2-10-2015 by Arrestme because: the colors!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Fantastic. I LOVE being wrong. It was just the second time in a single page that you called for someone to come and take your guns -- unarmed. Which is fantasy role-playing without XP. It is never going to happen, either way.

Now, what about a (comprehensive) solution to the actual problem?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Saying we can buy "assault weapons" at Walmart shows your ignorance.

As for your solutions, we already have your regulations in place minus the safety test. So now what?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The crime rate in the UK and Australia has soared. Stop lying.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Let the silly Americans have there silly guns.

If they are willing to pay the price of it let them, it not our business or our country we dont have to live there.

I vote we get together with the surrounding countries and build a giant wall to keep them in and leave them to it for a year. After said year is up, we can go in and clean up the mess then repopulate America with people actually born with a brain.

I'm liking this idea - who's with me?

I'm all the way WITH you! All the way, baby!! But let's not make it just a year. Let's make it 10-15 years, or maybe longer.

Just remember, that wall works both ways. Next time your teet gets stuck in the wringer..."Hey, America we need your help!!!"

"Uhhh, sorry; you see there's this wall and all us dumb hicks behind it are unable AND unwilling to come to your aid. No, we're doing just fine; we can't come out to play right now. Come back another time, okay?"

Boy, I'm not even sure I can count how many things would get FIXED with your idea. It's downright brilliant! Just a brief list of things your idea would help fix....

- The economy
- Immigration
- Joblessness
- Crime
- Wages

Please do let me know where I can sign up for your initiative!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

YOu really think Sandy Hook happened? LMFAO

You are obviously a troll.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

I'll tell you what's wrong with that. There are tens of millions of Americans who have not committed a crime and never will with their 'certain types of guns' that you think should be outlawed. If those people have not and will not abuse their rights, then why should they lose their rights and their property?

This is the disconnect many of you refuse to acknowledge and is the entire reason why there's such opposition to your type of laws.

Nothing wrong with owning a rifle or two to go hunting with, or a shotty to help with the vermin. But please explain to me how the average American needs a friggin assault rifle?

Most Aussies were innocent and had done nothing wrong but we saw the common sense in disallowing people to buy assault rifles and the like. We still got to keep our rifles and shotties.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: SonOfThor

Yeah, this is what I don't get. People from the outside looking in think that America is ridden with gun violence from top to bottom. That is far from the truth. Its certain cities, just a handful, that bring our %'s way up. Take away that handful, and the %'s would damn near bottom out.

Now stop removing the illusion of violence in America! They have to point to fabricated events and liberally controlled cities where they basically appear to have said to the criminals, "RAPE, MURDER, SHOOT ONE ANOTHER NOW!!!!" In order to push an anti-gun agenda.

The only thing stopping a completely totalitarian regime in America is the fact we have more guns than they can ever dream of confiscating.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

HAHAHAHA I'd like to see some proof of this ridiculous notion.

But you won't, because you cannot because it does not exist.

Nice try.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The only thing stopping a completely totalitarian regime in America is the fact we have more guns than they can ever dream of confiscating.

The whole reason America has a clause in the Constitution for guns is to "protect against government tyranny". Right?

Tell me, how will your guns help you when your government is dropping bombs, firing drone missiles and shelling you with tanks hmm? Just remember though, your guns will stop this from happening!!!

LOL

edit on 2/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
It isn't just "others who might be taking" our guns, it's the right of the common people to own guns at stake. The "people who might want to take our guns are the Elites who want absolute control, those who imagine they are fixing the worlds problems because they "know better", the people who say things like "men and women are too small minded to manage their own affairs", the UN, etc. That is what the UN Small Arms Treaty is about. anyone who doesn't believe that is naive.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

HAHAHAHA I'd like to see some proof of this ridiculous notion.

But you won't, because you cannot because it does not exist.

Nice try.

Ok, let's keep the childish crap going.. "I know you are but what am I" sort of dialogue is useless. THere are tons of studies and facts out about UK and Australian violence. You know it and I know it. There are threads on ATS about it. It's really pointless talking to you because you seem to simply ignore reality.

I will now state that anything other than a thoughtful reply will garner zero response so have your thrill of kindergarten and elementary school snipes. [SNIP]

Mod Note: Stop the personal insults.
edit on 10/2/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

But please explain to me how the average American needs a friggin assault rifle?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but I don't think 'need' is part of the equation. I think you have to prove that these people are doing an actual direct harm by owning their firearms, but again, we know that statistically, there are tens of millions of owners of 'assault weapons' and semi-automatic handguns that are NOT breaking any laws or committing any acts of violence. If these people aren't committing crimes or acts of violence, I see no reason why they should lose their property and/or have their rights restricted.

If it works for you guys, that's fine with me. Your country, your laws. Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens is not something I can support here.
edit on 2-10-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

But let's not make it just a year. Let's make it 10-15 years, or maybe longer.

It won't take that long. 1 year, tops.

Then the cleanup shall begin.....

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join