It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: butcherguy

I figured you would deflect.
Do you want more guns off the street?
Go gather them up.... unarmed.

You are the perfect example of what I described in my previous post - being that NOBODY IS WANTING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS ENTIRELY, ONLY STRICTLY REGULATE THEM.

But please, keep completely ignoring that fact and continue bleeting about how people want to "take your guns".

Come to my house and 'strictly regulate' them.
Now.
All of the ball-less wonders need to rely on others to take my rights away.

Maybe we should have you BUY A PERMIT TO SPEAK FREELY. How would you like that?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

The only thing stopping a completely totalitarian regime in America is the fact we have more guns than they can ever dream of confiscating.

The whole reason America has a clause in the Constitution for guns is to "protect against government tyranny". Right?

Tell me, how will your guns help you when your government is dropping bombs, firing drone missiles and shelling you with tanks hmm? Just remember though, your guns will stop this from happening!!!

LOL

It's naive to think that the govt plans to drop bombs all over the the us to force us to submit when they can just force us to give up the guns and impose martial law and militarize the police force. After all it's a Totalitarian NWO they want, not a radioactive wasteland, although come to think of it that's what they are doing in other countries.
edit on 2-10-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

LOL, I have been on this site a LOT longer than you mate. But please, continue attempting to insult me through carefully picked words, it's very telling of you as a person.

(THUD!!)

Trust me; stars and flags do not equate to rank, intelligence or anything else for that matter. Same for post counts. The only thing these things prove is you spend a lot more time behind a keyboard on the interwebz. Hence my earlier point...mate.

Can we pleeeeez get back to the topic???

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: dismanrc

a reply to: dismanrc

The US has the worst crime rate out of any developed nation. They come in as the 45th worst country for overall crime rates on the entire planet. Even the UK, which is a tiny little island with a population of 60 million and an incredibly large population density, only comes in as the 64th worst country for crime rates. Australia is at 69 and Canada is chillin back as the 80th worst country for crime rates.

nationmaster.com

Never the less, America's murder rate is just absolutely staggering and the sole reason for that, is undeniably those stupidly laxs gun laws.

Sorry, don't mean to offend, you gotta know that I personally love American culture, as a whole... But if any of you American citizens were looking from the outside in, like us Aussies, Canadians and Pomes are, then you would realize just how idiotic you all come across as, when you all try to defend your ridiculously lax gun laws, so passionately.

Umm
UK crime rate is 4 times that of the US. Just not as many guns. LOTS of knifing though

I'm gonna need a respectful & reliable link to your very unlikely claim. Otherwise, I'll just be forced to assume your full of complete.... nonsense.

No prob: (Most of this is from the 2009-2011 stats. )

www.nationmaster.com...

This one says 3 time higher for total crime. (Yes gun crime higher in US)

The next one requires a little though. It is a rebuttal of this. He is trying to say that you can't count 50% of the reported crimes in the UK because no physical harm was done. Take that how ever you want. Personally If someone points a knife and me it's a crime even if he does stick me.

blog.skepticallibertarian.com...

www.ons.gov.uk...
www.fbi.gov...

Raw data sites if you fell like doing research. This guy already did:

www.youtube.com...

From the UK Home Secretary:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.civitas.org.uk...

Although, to be fare we really should combine the stats for all of western Europe to get a true comparison due to country size and population. Umm Sound like a project.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

THere are tons of studies and facts out about UK and Australian violence.

Then you should have no difficulty in locating them and posting them here for all of us to view. I shall await this "proof" with baited breath.

You know it and I know it.

No. You "think" you know it but what is actually happening is you are "making stuff up to suit your agenda".

It's really pointless talking to you because you seem to simply ignore reality.

Ignore reality? I LIVE HERE GENIUS. I think I would know if our crimes rates had "soared" - unlike you who is pulling nonsense out of your rectum and spewing it out as supposed truth.

Now put your money where your mouth is and SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE.

Good luck with that.

[SNIP]

Lovely.

edit on 2/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2015 by eriktheawful because: Removed insult comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Now.
All of the ball-less wonders need to rely on others to take my rights away.

Maybe we should have you BUY A PERMIT TO SPEAK FREELY. How would you like that?

You talk tough, sitting in your room in front of your computer typing to faceless people, but methinks if push came to shove you'd cower like a kitten and beg the govt not to put a tank shell through your front door.

I really do hope your guns help you if and when this "tyrannous government" that your Constitution speaks of finally rears it's ugly head - but unfortunately it'll be like bringing peashooters to a nuke-fest.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Drugs soul purpose isn't to end life, unlike guns.

Try heroin... It is a health supplement.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

The crime rate in the UK and Australia has soared. Stop lying.

I #ing live here!

No it has not!

Keep you guns I really do not give a # about US gun laws I dont live there and have no plans to either.
Hell your government can give every American a free AR-15 for all I care.

But dont use bull# about countrys you dont live in to justify your stance!

Gun crime in the UK is 0.26 per 100,000 ! 0.26!

THAT IS NOT A FREAKING GUN PROBLEM!

Our murder rate if 4x lower than the USA on a per capita basis!

Keep you #ing guns.

But dont bring the UK into your stupid gun debates with data you get get off faux news.

Sure we have our own crime problems, but they are NOT related to #ing guns!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You talk tough, sitting in your room in front of your computer typing to faceless people, but methinks if push came to shove you'd cower like a kitten and beg the govt not to put a tank shell through your front door.

Like I said, that is all you have.
Oh, you can't fight the government.

Go start collecting guns that are already illegal in Chicago.
Who is talking tough and who is coming right out and admitting they are powerless?

ETA:

Let's see, so far you are wrong about where I am at... what else might you have wrong?
Call me whatever you want, no skin off of my ass.

edit on b000000312015-10-02T08:39:03-05:0008America/ChicagoFri, 02 Oct 2015 08:39:03 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

ENOUGH!

That is ENOUGH of the personal insults, back and forth bickering, and off topic posts about each other!

Discuss the topic of the OP, NOT EACH OTHER!

Anymore posts like this will be removed and post bans handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Although, to be fare we really should combine the stats for all of western Europe to get a true comparison due to country size and population. Umm Sound like a project.

Yes! This is exactly what I keep thinking too.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Forget your house. I doubt your house is the problem. I want to know how they plan to 'strictly regulate' guns in Chicago, Detroit, DC, Baltimore, New Orleans, St.Louis, etc. They're certainly not going to turn them in voluntarily. You're going to have to kick down doors in a lot of places. I wonder if they're really prepared for the consequences of that? Or if they're so committed to their cause that they'd volunteer to be the first ones through the door down in the ghetto. I'm doubting it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The US has the worst crime rate out of any developed nation. They come in as the 45th worst country for overall crime rates on the entire planet. Even the UK, which is a tiny little island with a population of 60 million and an incredibly large population density, only comes in as the 64th worst country for crime rates. Australia is at 69 and Canada is chillin back as the 80th worst country for crime rates.

nationmaster.com

Never the less, America's murder rate is just absolutely staggering and the sole reason for that, is undeniably those stupidly laxs gun laws.

Sorry, don't mean to offend, you gotta know that I personally love American culture, as a whole... But if any of you American citizens were looking from the outside in, like us Aussies, Canadians and Pomes are, then you would realize just how idiotic you all come across as, when you all try to defend your ridiculously lax gun laws, so passionately.

Umm
UK crime rate is 4 times that of the US. Just not as many guns. LOTS of knifing though

I'm gonna need a respectful & reliable link to your very unlikely claim. Otherwise, I'll just be forced to assume your full of complete.... nonsense.

No prob: (Most of this is from the 2009-2011 stats. )

www.nationmaster.com...

This one says 3 time higher for total crime. (Yes gun crime higher in US)

The next one requires a little though. It is a rebuttal of this. He is trying to say that you can't count 50% of the reported crimes in the UK because no physical harm was done. Take that how ever you want. Personally If someone points a knife and me it's a crime even if he does stick me.

blog.skepticallibertarian.com...

www.ons.gov.uk...
www.fbi.gov...

Raw data sites if you fell like doing research. This guy already did:

www.youtube.com...

From the UK Home Secretary:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.civitas.org.uk...

And those crimes have nothing to do with guns!

Your compareing apples to oranges.

Stop trying to make out the UK is in some kind of lawless anarchy.

The US can keep its guns.

The UK is not trying to grab them. We haven't been involved in that since 1783!

Do what you like with your gun laws.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Karalyne

Yes! This is exactly what I keep thinking too.

Its called per capita data.

Useing the stats per 100,000 already ajusts for population size.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm a supporter of your right to own guns.

That said: it sounds like the notion that others might take them from you is the only tyranny you fear?

Imagine what it must be like to go to Middle, High or College level schools, in 2015, where only criminals have access to guns.

Personally -- I'm of the mind that gun control is a distraction here. We need a multipronged approach to this problem, including letting CCP's carry on campus (take down those stupid "Gun Free Zone" signs).

We also need a comprehensive plan for identifying people with legitimate mental health issues before they do something like this. It needs to be comprehensive because the vast majority of mentally ill people are NOT dangerous. This will be expensive and non-profit generating. Therefore, we need to pay for it another way. I have proposed using taxes from the legal sale of MJ to offset these costs which are not profit centers and therefore cannot be privatized.

What's your solution?
Great post...well said.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've seen some stupid # in my time, but the idiots posting about how gun crime has gone up X% since we in the UK banned gun ownership has to be up there among the dumbest of the dumb.

First of all even when guns could be owned for reasons other than farming, etc, 99.9% of people didn't have one.

Second, the implication of the morons is that now that "good" people don't own guns, the criminals are having a field day with no one to stop them.

Well that's utterly moronic too. If the majority of people in the UK had owned guns, and if the majority of those people had taken their guns with them everywhere they went, then maybe that might have lowered criminal gun activities, although not likely - because ALL criminals would then have had guns too, even the petty ones, not just the seriously hard nut ones.

But the actual FACT is that most people didn't own guns, most people who owned them didn't take them on the streets with them, and the first thing that enteered anyones head was not "ooh, I'd better not do something naughty - someone might have a gun" - that is a truly American mental problem, due - you guessed it - to the numbers of guns and gun owners you have.

So it's utter BS.

On top of that, an 89% increase on practically nothing is still practically nothing, whereas you morons have major shootings like this every few weeks.

Your logic is - "there's a problem with nutty people and villians shooting people because they have easy access to guns. What's the solution?"

A) Less Guns
B) More Guns

I'll leave you rocket scientists to work out the answer, but will leave you with this thought - if you are consuming X quantity of Arsenic per day and it's making you seriously ill, what's the solution?

A) Less Arsenic
B) More Arsenic

D'oh!

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join