It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He is a true hero

Now, you rarely hear this from me, but imagine what the outcome would have been if he had a gun....................

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And how many innocent lives are you willing to gamble on that assumption by combating rational regulation?

All of them.
No one gets out of here alive.

Your fear of death requests the prohibition of my liberty.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Let's talk about Chris Mintz, a US Army veteran who charged the shooter and was shot 7 times...and it alive.

Let's hope the dude pulls though, he sounds like a genuine true hero.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Yes, about having phones. I'd bet there wasn't a student or professor on campus that didn't have a phone in their possession.

However...if you heard gunshots in the immediate vicinity, would you bother to shoot some video or snap a pic...or would you be ducking/covering or just running like H3LL??

Some guy is shooting people in the head in front of you and you stop and record it for posterity? I honestly don't think so. If it were me I'd get the h3ll out of Dodge.....as it were...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: IAMTAT

He is a true hero

Now, you rarely hear this from me, but imagine what the outcome would have been if he had a gun....................

We see what branch in time this event took. Not a man shooting the attacker and stopping the killings but him being killed and more that followed. Even the security guards are unarmed.

Interviewed man from school say wrestling attackers is the way to go backed up by the swift police response.

Worked well this time.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Damn right.

Forget the zero, remember the hero.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Vet in video had a gun and attempted to assit but was told not to

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Vet in video had a gun and attempted to assit but was told not to

youtu.be...

Glad you posted this...I caught only a part of the interview on the news last night.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Before ANY of the details were known, the usual suspects were pushing for more gun control.

They had no idea who the shooter was, how he got the guns, what type of guns were used, etc. etc.

Could the agenda be any more obvious?

Also, this video sums it all up very well:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is so wrong to be disallowed from carrying if you have the permit to do so. THAT should be against the law....and I think it is on some level, imo.

Imagine yourself helpless in a classroom and you know a shooter is coming down the hall to kill everybody in that classroom. You have no way out.

For Obama or anyone else to forbid a person from protecting themselves is downright evil.

edit on 2-10-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And how many innocent lives are you willing to gamble on that assumption by combating rational regulation?

All of them.
No one gets out of here alive.

Your fear of death requests the prohibition of my liberty.

We started dying the moment we were born. Once that is understood the question is what you do with that gift of life.

I have no fear of death. I have small children...and anyone that chooses to gamble with their lives I have critical issue with. Anyone that looks to deprive me of time on this earth..I will respond with severe prejudice.

I own guns...and I am 100% for stricter regulation of guns.

I am interested what criteria of regulation you believe will deprive you of your right to bear arms? Been institutionalized lately at the mandate of a court as a danger to yourself or others lately? Taking significant medications that might impair rational thought?

Curious as to where you draw the line between your "liberty" and my liberty not to have guns sold to eff-tards that walk into schools and start shooting innocent folks...one of which might be a child on mine?

No "liberty" is limitless...Cars kill people...nobody thinks cars should be banned? Right? But where is the national auto association fighting any laws forbidding drunk driving or driving on playgrounds and sidewalks? Or fighting the states authority to screen and test drivers?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I was wondering when ATS's only intelligent anti-gun regulation advocate was going to show up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

‘Good Guy With A Gun’ Was On UCC Campus At Time Of Massacre

Umpqua Community College, the site of the massacre on Thursday that left at least 10 people dead, was not — in law or in practice — a gun free zone.

It was the policy of university administers to limit the use of guns to the extent allowed by law. But, as ThinkProgress and the New York Times reported, Oregon is one of seven states that allows concealed carry on postsecondary campuses. This was based on a 2011 state court decision invalidating efforts to ban guns at public universities in Oregon. Public colleges like UCC are permitted to exclude concealed weapons from certain buildings and facilities but not the campus in general.

But not only was UCC not a gun free zone by law, there were people who brought guns onto campus at the time of the massacre.

John Parker Jr., a veteran and student at UCC, spoke with MSNBC and revealed that he was in a campus building with a concealed handgun when the shooting started. He suggested other students with him at the time were also carrying concealed handguns.

The issue of whether UCC was a “gun free zone” has become a source of controversy. Gun advocates argue that “gun free zones” encourage gun violence by creating a space where people are unable to defend themselves.

This is not supported by the facts. According to a study of 62 mass shootings over 30 years conducted by Mother Jones “not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns.” Many of those mass shootings took place in areas were guns were permitted, but not a single one was stopped by armed civilians.

Parker’s interview revealed the practical difficulties of armed civilians trying to stop a mass shooting. By the time he became aware of the shooting, a SWAT team had already responded. He was concerned that police would view him as a “bad guy” and target him, so he quickly retreated into the classroom.

So it turns out having armed people on the campus prevented ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I wonder how the gun nut crowd will twist this to suit their agenda? Should be fun to watch....

edit on 2/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I have no fear of death.

If this were true, it is incredible that you are still alive.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Interesting sidenote..

The Sherriff of Douglas County where this happened and the man leading the investigation..

Hanlin spoke out against state and federal gun-control legislation last year, telling a state legislative committee that mandating background checks for private, person-to-person gun sales would not prevent criminals from getting firearms.

Hanlin also sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden after the 2012 shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school.

Hanlin said he and his deputies would refuse to enforce new gun-control restrictions “offending the constitutional rights of my citizens.”

Hanlin told CNN on Friday that his position on gun control had not changed following Thursday's shooting in his town.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Power_Semi

On top of that, an 89% increase on practically nothing is still practically nothing, whereas you morons have major shootings like this every few weeks.

I swear that this is calling Americans morons.
A blanket statement calling Americans in general morons.

Cool.
Nice to have met you.

I'm not an American and I get upset at the continuous and endless and pointlessness of more and more of these kinds of tragedies - I get upset at the needless loss of American lives.

You are an American, what you seem to be upset about is that someone might take away some of your possessions.

Lives vs possessions - what an aspirational dream you Americans have.

I want what's mine, and if one of my fellow countrymen has to die for me to have it - tough.

Not cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
- I get upset at the needless loss of American lives.

It not our country or our responsibility.

Not up to us to dictate there values.

If they want there silly guns? Well its up to them.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I have no fear of death.

If this were true, it is incredible that you are still alive.

Being alive is conscience choice...and ya, I am an odd duck. I don't have a natural panic response. I physically respond to stimulus and situations, but my default is thinking vs. fear when crazy things happen...Sometimes it is an unusual strength when stuff hits the fan...sometimes I have been the last to run, when I should have been the first and it cost me.

Either way, I have a deeply strong desire to remain alive, but it's not a fear based thing. Whatever that speaks to in my psychology, not sure about. We are all going to die...all on the same path to a conclusion...and I am confident there is a "next" after this life. I don't fear death...but I really do love and treasure life. My own and others...Life is extraordinary and magic.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I only see one person trying to twist that to their agenda, and its not a pro-gun rights person.

OK, so it prevented nothing. But what additional harm did it cause in this particular case?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join