It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
His gmail comes back to a blog on kickass torrents...He has a couple Blog post on shootings including this quote

" but killing an officer that never did anything to you is not the answer. "

(warning site is hard to read on mobile devices"

Source

Wow. I wonder if he really wrote these things or even if he is really real a quote from one of his blog posts:

"As I'm sure you all know, a few days ago there was a shooting in Virginia. A man named Vester Flanagan opened fire on two former colleagues on live tv. He also recorded his own footage of the event. While reading about the event, I read some excerpts of his manifesto the media was releasing. And I have to say, anyone who knew him could have seen this coming. People like him have nothing left to live for, and the only thing left to do is lash out at a society that has abandoned them.

His family described him as alone, no partner/lover. A victim not only of his own perception but also of our social media soaked enviroment. He posted the footage on facebook and twitter as well tweeting while he was running from the cops because he wanted the world to see his actions, much like many others post menial and trivial details of their life online and expect us to see it. Only his was at least a bit more interesting.

On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are. A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more your're in the limelight.

Sorry if this seems a bit disjointed, but these are just my thoughts on the matter. I thought I'd post this seeing as how my last blog post generated some good comments.

Also, if anyone gets the chance, go on youtube and see the footage of him shooting those people. It's a short video but good nonetheless. Will post more later"

Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I look forward to when Facebook is the new MySpace!!
Me too mOjOm...Me too

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Let's get back to the topic at hand please. That is not how many names someone has or what that means.

Thank you.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: karmicecstasy

It simply is an act of insanity, the question is what made this person go insane? my bet it would be some prescribed medication for depression, much the same as all the other mass shootings . We are all victims if this is the case. Will anything get done? I very much doubt, it Business models seem to have a lot of collateral damage these days.

His user name on his blog is lithium_love...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

He has some weird uploads too..Just uploaded a Sandy Hook one 3 days ago

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
his last torrent uploaded was this world surviving Sandy Hook

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

He has some weird uploads too..Just uploaded a Sandy Hook one 3 days ago

The blog feels fishy to me, not sure why just a feeling in my gut!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i wonder how many of these shootings happen in countries bigger than the US that have different gun laws, or laws not based on an antiquated revolutionary times which gave all citizens the rights to bear arms... an entire era ago...

if the rights to own a weapon was omitted from the constitution i wonder.... i dont understand a 'right' to have guns. im not anti gun, but i dont see why we revolve around guns so much.

The problem with people not understanding this situation of guns being a right can be summed up as history not being taught in school. History has repeatedly recorded that after a society disarms, they are slaughtered or lost their homeland. I hope you have been taught that in school as we were before the Clinton Era? People who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it, is a quote from years gone by.

As much as it would be nice to have no people who decide to murder others for some sick reason, we don't have that luxury. People will always want to kill others and no matter the weapon of mass murder, there will be one. In the US the government schooling is wholly to be blamed. It seems the are for altering the Darwinian reality of human interactions that benefits the gene pools survival. It is like society is being flushed by these fools. THAT may be why young medicated people are killing others in gun free zones.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Look I'm as liberal as they come. So I have my own views on helping fight this. And facts need to be established here.

So gun laws aside.... Possible religious implications aside....

This is what happens when you feed an entire generation pharmaceuticals their entire life.
edit on 1-10-2015 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Granted I haven't read most of the posts since page 8 because I was at work, but from my skimming it appears to me that many people here do not understand the nature of 4chan, and "chans" as a whole. The fact that he was "encouraged" and not reported is nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing to condemn. If every post like his was reported to the authorities, nothing would ever be accomplished. on the /r9k/ forum, where he posted, things like that are a dime a dozen. Sarcasm was what most posters displayed. 4chan is an amalgam of different types of people, as varied as the world. You can't blame the naive, the appeasers, or the inept. It's common.

The only thing that can be done is pray for the victims and hope for the future. Quit trying to find fault in anything other than human nature. Anything else is disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Luckily I was called into work so I wasn't on campus when this happened. The shooter was killed by the responding officers, no info on what type of firearm the shooter was using Almost all of the cameras on campus point toward the parking lots so there probably isn't any footage. I did hear a couple of people say there was a second shooter however I don't know where they received their information. My wife was telling me about a social media site that he was posting vague comments about his plan up to his last post which stated ten minutes to go and counting. Sorry I can't remember the site name

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Does anybody else notice how these shootings are always a "lone-crazed gunman" with no affiliation with anything/anyone?

Weird....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostboyscout420
I did hear a couple of people say there was a second shooter however I don't know where they received their information.

Who said that? Witnesses?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh I agree, but you know what? For once he was not black or Muslim, so those communities catch a break

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Was he a student at the community college?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Was he a student at the community college?

They have not said yet, there was a Facebook post about an upcoming play, at a theater associated with the college where his name was listed as lighting crew or something, somewhere back in this thread. I have heard they couldn't yet confirm if he actually attended the college.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: moeron60

What else is to be expected? MK Ultra? Muslims? People will kill using whatever means they have available. That will always be true. Guns aren't the cause, religion isn't the cause, the constitution isn't the cause. It is MENTAL ILLNESS. I don't understand why people try to find cop-outs for the actions of others. The reason is obvious. Accept it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: moeron60
Does anybody else notice how these shootings are always a "lone-crazed gunman" with no affiliation with anything/anyone?

Weird....

Weird indeed, as always!

Just reported on CNN he was wearing body armor.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have just seen some women on an American news channel called Dana who wrote a book in favour of guns being interviewed. when it was mentioned that Obama cited Australia as a success with gun laws she then told the most outrageous lies. She said that gun ownership is back to where it was before the gun buyback.

You are wrong Dana. you are so so so wrong. Maybe its the lies in this whole debate that blur the lines of truth.

Realistically, here we dont hear on media ever talk about guns, abortion, religion etc. I dont know our media commentators opinions on guns, abortion or religion. we dont see pictures or ads for guns. I could not even tell you where you could find a gun shop or ammunition. In all honesty, i would say 95% of the population here are horrified at the thought of guns being anywhere near us.

I dont know the answer to your problem, I think you are way past gun control.....and with such strong opinions on both sides and no attempt to see either sides point of view, it is a hopeless situation.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join