It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Do you really believe that stricter gun laws would have prevented this?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: lostboyscout420
I did hear a couple of people say there was a second shooter however I don't know where they received their information.

Who said that? Witnesses?

It was mentioned on CNN by reporters at the scene who had interviewed witnesses, who knows! They are now saying he had body armor and lots of ammunition, I'm sure the rest of your profile will begin to emerge in the coming days.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Who cares what he was equipped with? It is all over now. No debate can change what has happened. He was going to kill regardless of whether or not he had body armor, or even a gun.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
At loss for most words but have been following this during the day since it's kind of local, will share what is found.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MateoVeritas

It's quite possible if they were legal carry in a non gun safe zone on that campus, a coward-which he was, would not have reared his head.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Who cares what he was equipped with? It is all over now. No debate can change what has happened. He was going to kill regardless of whether or not he had body armor, or even a gun.

I was just pointing it out as a similar profile for many of these lone gunman shootings seems to always emerge. starvigo listed his prediction of what profile will begin to come out in the coming days... loner, probably on medication for mental illness issues, dressed in black and /or camo, probably an affinity for video games etc. (I'm para phrasing here). Make of it what you will but it is a frequently occurring pattern lately.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Who knows.

One thing is for certain though, our current laws didn't stop this from happening.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I can only tell you what we live here. obviously...there are gun here. yes criminals have guns. they mainly shoot each other so who gives a #. When i walk into a theatre, shopping centre, school, first graders class etc etc etc....the last thing i would ever think of is that i might...just even a 0.01% think there might be a shooting because we simply dont carry guns. mums dont pack, dads dont pack, no one does.

yes, the criminals will drive by each others houses and fire.....but only mostly amongst themselves.

To put it simply....i have for 13 years now worked in a major sydney hospital and have seen probably less than 10 people come in with gunshot wounds. Hand on heart...that is the truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MateoVeritas

I do agree that the guns are not really as much of an issue as is mental health. What would everyone be debating about if he had used a bomb?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
criminal safety zones at schools are also why these things are happening, or is it called gun free zones?

They should be renamed "Obama's criminal safety zones", and then sub named Obama's political empowerment zones. Exploitation for radical political agenda zones. (At any cost).

Before the victims blood is even cold. That's a president you can be so proud of. The biggest dirt bag in the history of this country. If he cared about the victims and death, he would address the real source of these incidents, and then slit his own wrists for misrepresenting everything that happens for political gain..

He's using gun free zones like a platoon uses a kill box, and then blaming you and me for not doing something about it. Hillary is even trying to cash in on it. What scum we have in our leadership is terminal and lethal.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Who knows.

One thing is for certain though, our current laws didn't stop this from happening.

Quick response drones systems may help...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

I was just pointing it out as a similar profile for many of these lone gunman shootings seems to always emerge. starvigo listed his prediction of what profile will begin to come out in the coming days... loner, probably on medication for mental illness issues, dressed in black and /or camo, probably an affinity for video games etc. (I'm para phrasing here). Make of it what you will but it is a frequently occurring pattern lately.

Here is the thing...all countries have these kind of characters without the massacres.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

That depends on what those gun laws actually do. Laws don't stop criminals who set out to do something. They know that it's against the law so they either think they won't get caught or they just don't care. Laws stop the normal person from doing something they normally wouldn't do anyway because they are the only ones who care about laws.

However, if you mean gun laws that make guns unavailable then it's possible it could have been prevented. However, there are so many guns already and they are easy enough to get if you want one so that doesn't exactly do much good at this point. They are already saturated everywhere anyway. So once again you're only really stopping people who follow the law at that point.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Who knows.

OMG can you imagine putting drones in the hands of American cops with a possible live shooter situation in a school full of kids?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What would everyone be debating about if he had used a bomb?

Access to bomb-making equipment ?

link   
Don't believe a word of this story. Not a single word

link   

I think more weapons may not be the solution here.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Who knows.

OMG can you imagine putting drones in the hands of American cops with a possible live shooter situation in a school full of kids?

LOL, we had a thread on that recently... they want armed drones.
edit on 1-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am going to bow out now because i do not want the far pro or far anti coming at me with their stupid aggressive posts.

The last difference between us and America is that if one of our celebrities jumped up on stage at an awards show and said he was going run for "president" would be laughed of the stage and told to sit down you halfwit. He would not be clapped or cheered or have millions and millions of fans. maybe reality and fantasy have combined and you no longer no what's real, who is real etc. Like some "bizarro" world.

and lastly....if nothing changed after sandy hook, then nothing will ever ever ever change there.

p.s....and this is said tongue in cheek...not even the poor cecil lions of this world are safe from you gun totting yankies.

May those killed today, and all the other shootings rest in peace.
edit on 2102015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 2102015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

Here is the thing...all countries have these kind of characters without the massacres.

I don't disagree. But I also really think it is a mental health issue. IF these shooters are real... and it is actually true that they have been put on medication and then not followed up with properly, it is a powder keg just waiting to explode! Many other countries have stronger gun control laws, but also free health care, which causes the problem? Chicken or egg?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join