It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America was Founded on We the People, Not Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
What if the REAL fairy tale is actually atheism?

well let's examine that - if atheism is a fairy tale...er...then I never read the story about atheism - I became an atheist because I read (and lived) the fairy tale about religion.

Did someone forgot to tell the story??

What's the atheist fairy tale??

edit on 22-9-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tag

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Jesus wasn't around in genesis....just sayin'.......

IF that were true, He would not have said this:

“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!” ~ John 8:58

The Lord Jesus Christ is the member of the Godhead by which ALL things were created...

God was made manifest in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. ~ Heb. 1:2

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Jesus wasn't around in genesis....just sayin'.......

IF that were true, He would not have said this:

and yet he is not in genesis....like I said.

Or can you find me a quote from genesis that mentions jesus??

I I'm not going to take the word of someone I don't know, from 2000 years ago, translated and rewritten numerous times often for political reasons, about something that important, without some corroborating evidence.

Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is Jesus "Gawd" in the uninformed minds of some?
According to the Book, he is the offspring of the Creator turning into a bird and banging another dudes wife.
If I read it wrong, I would like to have the error in my interpretation corrected.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

What if that 'someone' actually paid you a visit?

What if he personally told you that HE wrote the book?

The fact that the world is full of religious fanatics doesn't nullify the genuine encounters that many others have had.

Like another poster says below: wisdom is only gained through experience...

originally posted by: Dustytoad
Don't you think you would have figured it out by now if anyone could just tell you? Words are analogous to experiences.. If you have not had similar experiences you cannot know what the symbols mean. Wisdom is only gained through experience.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why is it that certain people only care what the Constitution says when they want to use it to stifle religious influence on political governance? In any other instance, they'd be happy to wipe their asses with it. And tweet pictures of it.

I know some of you would love to remove all religious influence from the public sphere, but it isn't going to happen until you line the believers (Christians, that is--everyone else is in a protected class) up next to a ditch--which far more of you than will admit have absolutely no problem with.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
What if I don't believe in your specific fairy tale god?

What if the REAL fairy tale is actually atheism?

Just a thought...

When you argue with reality, you lose - but only 100% of the time. - Byron Katie.

I stated out as a Christian, at arrived at atheism because Christianity is very much lacking in every aspect except mindless repetition.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Why is it that certain people only care what the Constitution says when they want to use it to stifle religious influence on political governance? In any other instance, they'd be happy to wipe their asses with it. And tweet pictures of it.

I know some of you would love to remove all religious influence from the public sphere, but it isn't going to happen until you line the believers (Christians, that is--everyone else is in a protected class) up next to a ditch--which far more of you than will admit have absolutely no problem with.

Wait..... Did you just compare desiring a secular govt with mass killings?

Because they are not mutually inclusive.

Is this a lame attempt to try to state that those without faith cannot be moral?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
At the time the founding fathers were considered Christian for the most part. The only sad thing about today is how many people hate and insult Christians, and treat us with complete disrespect. Even though in comparison with atheists, were literally harmless.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The founding of the United States was neither as Christian as some people think nor as non-Christian as others may counter. It was somewhere in the middle.

The key point was that the Founders understood and then codified that their personal views on religion should not enter into the mechanics of government, then or in the future.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly!

Remember most founders we pagans behind the scenes but they did try make an equal society so they have my upmost respect for that.

Shame its in such a mess now.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucifer84

Not sure were you are getting they were Pagans. Most were some form of Christianity while a decent amount were Deists.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Trying to rewrite history does not negate that the foundation of this country was laid on Religious morals.

No matter what any single person is now portrayed as it will always remain true that if we remove the Christian values from our laws then we will be left with not much if any.

Looking from that perspective it is hard to find any truth in the op that makes a difference other than to pacify.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
No matter what any single person is now portrayed as it will always remain true that if we remove the Christian values from our laws then we will be left with not much if any.

American law is based on English and Roman law. Mosaic law is a very minor component. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I suppose the point I made was over your head.

If you remove all the laws that are shared with Christian values then you are left with barely nothing.

That is all the proof a sane person needs to know that America shares her morality with Christianity and it has been that way from the start.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I suppose the point I made was over your head.

If you remove all the laws that are shared with Christian values then you are left with barely nothing.

No, it looks like it was well over yours. There are very few laws based on 'Christian values' that were not codified in pre-Christian societies. But if you disagree, please feel free to list them.

That is all the proof a sane person needs to know that America shares her morality with Christianity and it has been that way from the start.

A sane person would look at some historical Christian values and shudder.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So you agree that America and Christianity have shared morals.

If so then perhaps you can see the danger in wanting to separate church and state

My point is that many rabid folks seek to go way beyond just removing the word God from certain things and they seek to remove everything that can be related to Christianity.

It really does not matter what group the founders were supposedly claiming at the time if the ideas brought forth were the same as Christianity.

I can honestly say that America was founded on Christian morals and values.

To try and argue about something that has no merit on the actual meat of the law is just in vein if one looks at the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A sane person would look at some historical Christian values and shudder

This is true and very much beside the point because collectively we have not only done such but have sought to continue to better ourselves as a whole and cut ties to the ways that stand out from our accepted morality.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So you agree that America and Christianity have shared morals.

I said no such thing.

If so then perhaps you can see the danger in wanting to separate church and state

There is no danger in separating church and state.

My point is that many rabid folks seek to go way beyond just removing the word God from certain things and they seek to remove everything that can be related to Christianity.

I am still waiting for you to list the laws related to Christianity.

I can honestly say that America was founded on Christian morals and values.

That is not an honest statement, that is a dishonest statement. List the laws that are founded on Christian values.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Would the 10 commandments count?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join